Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

As a fantasy Lamar owner, I don’t want him in Detroit. Too much volatility in his plan and injury status.

The overall feeling of the Lions right now without any superstars on the team taking the entirety of the focus seems to work really well for their mentality and cohesion. Everyone is an “regular” guy and putting Lamar into the mix with a ridiculous contract feels wrong. Plus, Goff has absolutely earned his spot from both a performance and heart perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

No, comrade poster. It has only begun.

I really appreciate this reference

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Brad Holmes doesnt stand for any poo poo

CJ and Quintez are gone

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1649437179515486208?s=20

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So a company from Michigan makes all the jerseys for the draft in real time. Pretty cool

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRwR3jTN/

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

In general, it just seems weird to play the same team almost back to back.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Everyone was outclassed by the Titans video anyway.

Until the Falcons one-upped them

https://twitter.com/atlantafalcons

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

when does this one get good

As soon as you see they’re now called the Red Stallions

rawr

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I’m semi related NFC North news, the Michigan State versus Penn State game is going to be played on the Friday night after Thanksgiving at Ford field

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I love that Matt Stafford is on there twice

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I’m not expecting us to win tonight, but damned if this isn’t one of the best opportunities for us to do so

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

On the one hand, I feel a little hypocritical making fun of the bears for that given my team has the word GRIT plastered on every available surface.

On the other hand, :lol:

Grit
Relentless
Intelligence
Teamfullness

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Even with this recent run of ineptitude, I'd still take the red wings over any Cleveland team.

I lived in Cleveland proper when they won the NBA championship with LeBron. It was insane

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Scipiotik posted:

Congrats nfc north. A silver lining in an otherwise terrible lions loss. Not even sure it's the worst loss of the week for the north.

Definitely isn’t, particularly because of the incredibly egregious uncalled, holding on Hutch on that last play

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Detroit had the momentum, I don’t know why we were playing for the field goal on that last regulation drive. We got two 10+ yard first downs on the 1st down in a row, keep pushing that poo poo and kick the field goal as the backup plan

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/deeksviewog/status/1704197892729077884?s=46&t=E3o6AWM6NzbHelAtroEDOg

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

I didn't see it live, did he get both a taunting and late hit penalty?

He should have been given a taunting penalty as well. I’m all for smack talk but he’s a fucker

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Goff starting to get frustrated and making bad throws because of it. He needs to take a breath

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Lions have a running QB!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

As much as I'm on the hype train I still about 50% expect this to happen after years of trauma

Same. I’m not comfortable with this game being won until it’s 0:00 left and we have the higher number

I am a true lions fan

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Stop getting hurt damnit!

gently caress me. This is how the end starts

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Nice to know the clock is also bought and paid for

This is why I wasn’t comfortable at 24-3

Refs love swallowing the whistle against the Lions

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Chicago, thank you so much for Montgomery. Just, thank you

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Niwrad posted:

For what it's worth, some of the local reporters are pouring cold water on that story. They have no one to replace Eberflus with. The team doesn't even have a defensive coordinator at the moment.

Did we ever get the story on why he quit/was fired, and what the FBI had to do with it all?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Horny
In
The office?
Sacked!

Hey, this is the NFC North thread, not the Michigan State football thread

(I say as a MSU fan :( )

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoJlztc_YA

We will be stronger than the curse!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Bears screwing up their #1/2 draft pick combo potential

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

LOL Minnestoa what a sad last play

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

MJeff posted:

49ers just ran our trick play lol.

Plagarizing bastards

https://twitter.com/highlightheaven/status/1711189779818090859?s=46&t=6aHKvNe4x2gdRTdjpjXKlA

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Yeah, the Ravens are still a legitimate threat.

The bucs ravens and cowboys are the real standouts for the rest of the season

Cowboys looked beatable tonight

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Quack quack on that Fields throw

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Let's go Lions!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/1713656511153508786

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Goddamn what a block by Reynolds!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

It's so nice to have a solid defense finally

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So that Jameson Williams guy.....seems pretty good

50% TD rate on his career NFL catches

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1713694167958732896

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Seeing them host and win a playoff game would be dope but honestly it's been almost as long since the Lions have won a division so that's what I'm hoping for at the moment. Literally have never won the NFC North!

Every game i brace myself for the collapse even though I know I should have more faith in this team. I know the thoughts of playoff wins or a Super Bowl appearance are fun to talk about, just winning the division will be a huge step and what I consider to be a successful season. Anything last that will be an awesome bonus

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

One of the highest honors any celebrity could wish for

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

C-Euro posted:

In my mind, Brian Hoyer has been in the league since Dubya was in office. I know that's wrong but I can't shake it.

Nearly though. I started college in 2008 and remember chanting Brian Hoyer in the student section at MSU games during his senior year

I also learned today his full name is Alex Edward Brian Hoyer, and that he has started for 7 different NFL teams which is the second most in league history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Can’t wait the game right now, is it just Lamar being Lamar?