Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Timby posted:

There are a few decent steakhouses around Green Bay / Ashwaubenon / Allouez, but, yeah, Green Bay (and its surrounding aforementioned communities) is pretty poor when it comes to exceptional food. One place I recall was called A'Bravo Bistro--my ex-wife and I ate there once on our way up to her family cabin in Marinette County--and they did an incredible tenderloin with a crazy-good mushroom sauce ... but, again, that's something you can get anywhere in the country that isn't a town with a population of 55 people. And I have no idea if that place is even still open, as I haven't been through Green Bay in nearly two years, when I went through there with an ex-girlfriend on a trip to see her family in Shawano.

Still exists. Plae bistro is also good. Chefusion as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Kirk will leave the Vikings just in time for Aaron to get one last year in purple.

I want the Niners to trade for Kirk so the thread title can be changed to Kirk & Aaron Gone

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

Lambeau is beautiful, it's Green Bay writ.large that's a dump that smells like piss. Except it doesn't smell like piss. It smells like that weird smell you get in a bowling alley. Because it's Green Bay and outside of football/Lambeau convention stuff what you have are bowling alleys.

I won't hear this slander!

You've confused Kaukauna with Green Bay. Easy mistake to make, it's just down the highway.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

The first time I looked at that I thought the S stood for Shart. Felt very appropriate.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Alan Williams killed people

Non zero chance this is true

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Maybe he said he didn't care for that Mr. Rogers fellow.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Gentelmen. You can't fight in here. This is the NFC North thread!

Save it for the old people in slacks.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Are you ready for some Clownball?

It's a Thursday night party!

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The 2023 Packers - neither the fastest, nor the strongest, neither a finesse team nor a power team. Just a nothing team. Outmatched physically at every position.

This is the team Gutey built. loving fire Gutey.

I mean LaFleur has to go too.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

ZombieCrew posted:

oh no...they sold all the tickets to people that wanted to attend. Gimme a break. Were cranky old pack fans up in arms over this?

I know plenty of old Packer fans rooting for the team to suck. All of them, every one, thinks this will mean a return to the good ol days (the 70s and 80s, of course) when all the packer fans trudged together to the stadium for a loss and everyone cheered and lost together. Losing brings people together, shared suffering is a gift!

There's always idiots who think they can turn pack the clock for their imaginary past, and these clowns selling their tickets to the other team are keeping us from paradise! Plenty of these old farts (hi) don't get that there's other things to do nowadays, even in little ol Green Bay. The old world ain't coming back.

Anyway, just wanted to point that delusion out - lots of these folks keep it to themselves, but get em talking and the bullshit will start oozing out. Or don't. I'm not your dad.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What the bears need is new owners and a culture change (like the Lions). I’d argue Ben would be better suited going to a team with an existing and good culture but lacking in creative play calling

Ben is going to Green Bay?

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’d like to think Ben would stay as an OC for the lions if that was the choice lol

I'd say 'if you can't beat em, join em' but welp

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Cut him and move on.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

There's a Jet's Pizza in Green Bay and for like two years after opening in 2021 they were advertising that they were hiring for $11/hour. Everywhere else had already moved to $13-15 by then, and especially nowadays. I'm surprised they apparently managed to staff up. I haven't tried them and probably won't since there's a Glass Nickel just down the street.

Glass nickel for life!

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I'm just glad the Packers are finally done with their rebuild.

It was a rough few months of uncertainty but the universe is back in order.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Velius posted:

Please reassure me that Love isn’t a horrible human being because we’re probably going to have him for a while now.

https://apnews.com/article/jordan-love-car-stuck-snow-1bb737349e57e4c9462971794fc0b052

He stops to help people, so that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Sataere posted:

Yes and no. Some guys are safer than others. I think MHJ and Odunze are the safest picks in this draft.

There is no such thing as safe in the NFL draft.