Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

That’s money baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

What is the appeal of these things

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That’s money baby

no, its flavortown

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Karma Comedian posted:

What is the appeal of these things

they're for people who define their personalities by their media choices

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Grown men showing me their doll collections

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

steinrokkan posted:

That's the worst interpretation of Garfield I've ever seen

Like if I were Jim David I would sue them for what they did to my creation

One of my favorite party games is to get all of your friends just a little high and then everyone draw Garfield from memory. Nobody gets it right and its usually really hilarious bringing up actual Garfield on a screen and comparing everyone's horrible Garfields.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Fun? No! Plops!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
My girlfriend loves The Golden Girls, so I thought briefly about getting her the Golden Girls Funko pops. I think she might have liked them. I got her something better instead. I forget what, but definitionally better than a Funko pop.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
A swift kick in the butt is better then a Funko.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why would you keep your manchild toy in its packaging lmao that's even more pathetic

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I find it funny when somebody with 1000 anime figures goes "Funko pops are useless garbage!!" Yeah, like your anime figure collection isnt??

With that said, I own 0 anime figures, and a Dr. Frank N Furter Funkpop that somebody bought me. It's buried in my closet because I'm broke brained and don't put up any trinkets or anything. poo poo, I haven't even hung a poster or a picture on my walls in over 20 years.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The General posted:

I find it funny when somebody with 1000 anime figures goes "Funko pops are useless garbage!!" Yeah, like your anime figure collection isnt??

Believe it or not, it's possible to not be a collector of *any* weeaboo poo poo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Putting up a few movie/band posters and maybe a print or two of your favorite art (NOT wall scrolls) won't kill you

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Nocheez posted:

Believe it or not, it's possible to not be a collector of *any* weeaboo poo poo.

It's true, my living space is covered in trash like a real adult

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

egg_dog posted:

It's true, my living space is covered in trash like a real adult

Having a collection of piss bottles and old newspapers is probably more respectable than funko pops

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sorry you can't afford cool stuff OP :(

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

sorry you can't afford cool stuff OP :(

Always knew you were the funko pop type

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Did anyone post this yet

https://kotaku.com/funko-pops-golden-ticket-rare-100k-willy-wonka-collect-1848976688

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lmao, pro click

the youtube video is funny too. funco pop brought to the buy in like an armoured locked case.

quote:

Grailmonster is very aware that many people, probably a lot of you reading this right now, will call him an idiot or stupid. He explained to me that as he and others were counting all the cash in the store and preparing for the exchange, he joked that he would be “the village idiot” online after this. But there is also a feeling among him and many other Pop collectors that the community will soon experience a Pokémon-like explosion of money and popularity.

“I’m sure the first $100K Pokémon card purchase looked really stupid,” Grailmonster explained. “And the first $10K comic book buy, etc. It’s all relative.”

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

The General posted:

With that said, I own 0 anime figures, and a Dr. Frank N Furter Funkpop that somebody bought me. It's buried in my closet because I'm broke brained and don't put up any trinkets or anything. poo poo, I haven't even hung a poster or a picture on my walls in over 20 years.

stuff like anime figurines & gunpla/plamo & plushies are more respectable than funky pops

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
“I’m sure the first $100K Pokémon card purchase looked really stupid,” Grailmonster explained. “And the first $10K comic book buy, etc. It’s all relative.”

Yeah, it did, and nothing has changed since then

The General
Mar 4, 2007

OldAlias posted:

stuff like anime figurines & gunpla/plamo & plushies are more respectable than funky pops

[citation needed]

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

OldAlias posted:

no lol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

with models and even some anime figs you build and paint them yourself. if you want it to look good this requires some amount of skill with painting or airbrushes, and there’s lots that can go into modelling and diorama building. with soft plushes you’re more likely to interact with them in a way you can’t with funky pops. funky pops on the other hand is just something you buy and they don’t even look good

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Figmas can be pretty cool, tbh.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

if it's mostly manchildren collecting funkos, womenchildren tend to collect plushies. you're allowed to have a few if you're a parent I suppose but one per adult child at most.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

figma rear end

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Das Boo posted:

Ligmas can be pretty cool, tbh.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Squishmallows are fine and good when you have kids. Hurts a lot less when you accidently sit on one!

Hot Wheels on the other hand...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Figman. (Cough cough) FigMAN.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I collect bodies :hehe:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Das Boo posted:

Figmas can be pretty cool, tbh.

"FigJam works great for a brainstorm or a retrospective, or anything really. Having the results side-by-side with our Figma files is a great plus.”

“With Figma, it’s easier to maintain our design system. But the real success is seeing it spread across the entire organization from engineers to PMs.”

Ok :thunk:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Das Boo posted:

Figman. (Cough cough) FigMAN.

Fig Man

Inspired by the wondrous illustration Homme Figuier by Dali, Fig Man takes seemingly classic earthy notes subverting them to create a fanciful aroma that will titilate senses.

Fig Man by Carner Barcelona is a fragrance for women and men. Fig Man was launched in 2019. Top notes are Fig, Bergamot and Cardamom; middle notes are Sea Notes, Fig Tree and Violet; base notes are Guaiac Wood, Tonka Bean and Indonesian Patchouli Leaf.
???

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh, I was thinking of this guy:

I don't like Berserk, but this is one cool brain boy.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Always knew you were the funko pop type

sure, you laugh now, but someday I'll be able to sell them and buy a Tesla

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's a downgrade somehow

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why would you keep your manchild toy in its packaging lmao that's even more pathetic

without the box nobody would be able to tell what it's supposed to be

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Figma fuckin balls

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hold it over a lighter for more accurate results