Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

hello and thanks again to all the folks who made taskmaster happen this year! that includes our amazing guest judges as well as the participants and even the people who watched along.

this iteration of taskmaster was kind of an experiment. it's been a little while since byob did a competition like this, and we wanted to try some things and see what worked and what didn't, with an eye towards the future in case we ever attempt this kind of thing again. your comments are welcome! if you'd rather provide feedback privately, drop me a PM or send your feedback to manyfisted at gmail.

this time around we tried doing more shorter tasks, with the hope that people could jump in even if they had not done the other tasks. however I feel like the pace may have been a bit hectic. do people prefer shorter tasks, longer ones (over one or multiple nights), some combination? also do people favor getting tasks on weekdays or weekends? I note we had much more participation during the first weekday that the competition started than on the concluding weekend, I feel like while there's more time on the weekend people tend to be out doing their own things and not focusing on online stuff (hopefully). picking the time of day was truly challenging, we had contingents on the U.S. west coast and in europe, and the overlap between those working days is limited . . . to say nothing of our antipodean friends, who got shortchanged this time around, I'm sorry.

we can certainly structure things differently. one possibility would be to do taskmaster over the course of a few weeks, with just one or two tasks presented at predictable times during the week. or it could be a very short competition, just a few tasks total. input about the types of tasks and what you might like to see more of is also helpful. THANK YOU by the way to everyone who submitted task ideas, a lot of them were incorporated into the competition in a modified form, or we had waiting but just didn't get around to.

anyway, whatever your thoughts, all constructive feedback is welcome. also if anyone feels that forewarning/instructions/guidance was not enough, please chime in about what would have been a better way to announce things.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

thank you everyone for the feedback! I'll leave this thread up a little bit longer in case anyone else has input.

ty nesamdoom!