Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

So! I'm really sorry about the long delay here, between some personal stuff and BG3 I put off coming back to this. I was getting ready to start today and after looking at the last thread (and my saves) realized there actually isn't a Legit Caz save for Guns. In the interest of getting back to Lords though, I think a quick checklist of things you want Legit Caz to have done will be helpful. Remember that he is essentially the metagame success story, so I'm going to go through and get the most optimal possible result of those battles. The real question is which NPCs you all would prefer to try and make inroads with, which lieutenant(s) you'd prefer to directly mentor, and then which endgame scenario everyone would prefer.

So, two options:

We quickly run through Guns voting on those relevant things as we go

I put together a checklist of NPCs and accomplishments you want Legit Caz to have, and we vote on that directly

Again, I apologize for the big delay on this and really hope people are still up for another run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I put together a checklist of NPCs and accomplishments you want Legit Caz to have, and we vote on that directly

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Checklist of NPCs and accomplishments is nice and simple and lets us get back to the new stuff faster.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

AJ_Impy posted:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

AJ_Impy posted:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

AJ_Impy posted:

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

not sure if it's any help (or possibly you're already aware of it), but there is a third-party save editor/manager for Choice of Games on Steam that might help recreate the save faster than replaying the book.

possibly more relevantly, it also allows for manual saving/loading of playthroughs, because I guess Choice of Games changed their policy on storing import saves at some point and now doesn't allow it unless the next book is actually out already, so apparently Lords of Infinity currently doesn't actually create end-game saves like the previous books did? (ask me how I found that out (it's because the thread finishing finally got me to finish my own run and I realized something was missing a few seconds after hitting restart to do a second run)).

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Um... also a quick reminder of what Alaric did in Guns so that we can have a differing playthrough? It's been a while.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
The saves for the games are stored as a text file, it takes a bit of patience to decode some of the switches, but its very easy to modify just using word pad

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Um... also a quick reminder of what Alaric did in Guns so that we can have a differing playthrough? It's been a while.
Sabres:

Origin: Eastern Duchy of Cunaris
Starting age: 30
Boarding party: Did not lead.
Noringia: Lanzerel and Faith.
Kharan River: Won battle, Church Hussar got away.
Reserve duty: Won battle, didn't get runegun.
Patrol: Cooperated with Lefevbre without asking questions.
Antari camp: Supported Elson's plan, did a warcrime.
Blogia: Held the line with Cazarosta, got knighted.
Antari Language: Learned the basics.

Guns:

Family: Loved by dad, loved by mom, had two siblings.
Hunter's Martyrdom: Pledged support.
Garing: 518 crowns invested, no suggestions.
Forlorn Hope: Volunteered to lead alone.
Lieutenants: Fully supported.
Cassius: Befriended despite hating elves.
Lewes: Saved and befriended.
Welles: Maximum feminism and friendship.
Katarina: Fell in love, never confessed.
Final mission: Field battle, sacrificed Hartigan.

Apart from that one warcrime and complicity in another, Alaric has been a consistently decent, if not always competent, person.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 27, 2023

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Nick Buntline posted:

not sure if it's any help (or possibly you're already aware of it), but there is a third-party save editor/manager for Choice of Games on Steam that might help recreate the save faster than replaying the book.

possibly more relevantly, it also allows for manual saving/loading of playthroughs, because I guess Choice of Games changed their policy on storing import saves at some point and now doesn't allow it unless the next book is actually out already, so apparently Lords of Infinity currently doesn't actually create end-game saves like the previous books did? (ask me how I found that out (it's because the thread finishing finally got me to finish my own run and I realized something was missing a few seconds after hitting restart to do a second run)).

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Sabres:

Origin: Eastern Duchy of Cunaris
Starting age: 30
Boarding party: Did not lead.
Noringia: Lanzerel and Faith.
Kharan River: Won battle, Church Hussar got away.
Reserve duty: Won battle, didn't get runegun.
Patrol: Cooperated with Lefevbre without asking questions.
Antari camp: Supported Elson's plan, did a warcrime.
Blogia: Held the line with Cazarosta, got knighted.
Antari Language: Learned the basics.

Guns:

Family: Loved by dad, loved by mom, had two siblings.
Hunter's Martyrdom: Pledged support.
Garing: 518 crowns invested, no suggestions.
Forlorn Hope: Volunteered to lead alone.
Lieutenants: Fully supported.
Cassius: Befriended despite hating elves.
Lewes: Saved and befriended.
Welles: Maximum feminism and friendship.
Katarina: Fell in love, never confessed.
Final mission: Field battle, sacrificed Hartigan.

Apart from that one warcrime and complicity in another, Alaric has been a consistently decent, if not always competent, person.

This is really great, thanks! I'm going to add it to the OP if you don't have a problem with that? It's also a good format for our next vote, on the life and times of Legitmate Caz:

Sabres:

Origin: Aetorian, a city boy
Starting age: 18
Boarding party: Lead it and earned the Cross of St. Jerome
Noringia: Lanzerel and Thunderer
Kharan River: Won battle, Church Hussar captured.
Reserve duty: Won battle, got runegun.
Patrol: Cooperated with Lefevbre without asking questions (this was a bit of a surprise, looking back).
Antari camp: Presented his own plan, won the Meritorious Service Order
Blogia: Survived charging with Elson, knighted. It also looks like Lanzarel died doing this
Antari Language: Didn't start learning.

Guns:

Family:
Dad: Love, Hate or Distant?
Mom: Close, Distant or Dead?
Siblings: Both, Just Sister, or None?

Hunter's Martyrdom: Support, Yea or Nay?

Garing: Legit Caz is smart enough to suggest the improvements, so Light or Heavy investment?

Forlorn Hope: I assume this is a forgone conclusion (can't miss out on another medal), but Lead it alone or with Cazarosta?

Lieutenants: I'll be getting their mentor levels up as high as possible, but do you want Renard (Cunaris's nepo baby), Blaylock (brash Soldiering officer) or Sandoral (reserved & smart officer) as your main lieutenant?

Cazarosta: Caz was already his friend does want to maintain that? Yea or Nay
If he is friends with Cazarosta, will he go on his partisan hunt? Yea or Nay. If he does, Caz will not be able to fully mentor Blaylock.

Cassius: Friends or no?

Lewes (common born rifleman): Caz will save him, but befriend him or not?

Welles: Friends, attempted romance or enemies?

Katarina: Friends, romance or enemies?

Feminism: I'm assuming support for it, but I'll allow a vote, Yea or Nay?

Final mission: Secret Mission or Second Kharangia?

If Second Kharangia, does Caz sacrifice: Welles, The Experimentals (including Lewes), Hartigan (an officer you meet a few times) or Marcus (Younger brother of the Duke of Havenport)?

That should be most relevant things, just go through and bold each of your preferences and I'll add up what everyone wants. If there are any questions on who some of these people are or you want more detail on these events, just post them and I'll answer as quickly as possible.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
befriend everyone.
Romance Katarina
(unless we all agree to be gay)

Forlon's hope : together.
partisan hunt : nay
(I don't think there's a major story difference in lords, and I'm not sure this is the best way to raise stats?)
Note about Second Kharangia (should we choose to): you forgot about "sacrifice your own NCOs" instead of these random officers.
And lastly (pure number crunch, not worth voting on) I think it's best to send your family all your income during guns? I mean, it's just going from "money sitting in my war chest doing nothing" to "money used to pay my debts, thus reducing them".

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

"ooh, just ONE massacre and they call you a war criminal. What about all these times I didn't butcher people?"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Family:
Dad: Distant
Mom: Close
Siblings: Just Sister
We're playing Caz, come on.

quote:

Hunter's Martyrdom: Yea

Garing: Heavy investment

Forlorn Hope: Cazarosta

Lieutenants: It Renard

Cazarosta: Yea
If he is friends with Cazarosta, will he go on his partisan hunt? Nay

Cassius: Friends

Lewes: befriend

Welles: attempted romance

Katarina: romance

Feminism: Yea

Final mission: [b]Secret Mission]/b]
If we have to choose between Katarina and Welles, it's Katarina, but as long as we don't have to choose...

Secret mission - head into the keep.

Gun Jam posted:

And lastly (pure number crunch, not worth voting on) I think it's best to send your family all your income during guns? I mean, it's just going from "money sitting in my war chest doing nothing" to "money used to pay my debts, thus reducing them".
I mean, it could also be "money invested in pew pew"

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 29, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

This is really great, thanks! I'm going to add it to the OP if you don't have a problem with that?
No problem at all! Glad to be of help.

Guns:

Dad: Love
Mom: Dead
Basically a mirror of our illegitimate counterpart's situation.

Hunter's Martyrdom: Support, Yea
We like Saints and think that there should be more of them.

Garing: Heavy investment.
"Sow gold and reap bullets." - Joshua of Rendower, allegedly.

Forlorn Hope: Lead it with Cazarosta.
Caz Solidarity.

Lieutenants: Renard, even though he is ultimately useless.

Cazarosta: Friendship - Yea, Partisan Hunt - Yea.
More Caz Solidarity.

Cassius: Befriend.
Lewes: Befriend.
Welles: Befriend.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Katarina: Maximum romance.
Leoniscourt is ours by right, and so it shall be by fact.

Feminism: Hell Yea.

Final mission: Secret Mission, preferrably where we maximize our ransom, even if that means making Renard our sworn enemy.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 25, 2023

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Guns:

Caz Solidarity.

Lieutenants: Sandoral if we go for Secret Mission, Renard if we do Second Kharangia.

More Caz Solidarity.

Final mission: Secret Mission, preferrably where we maximize our ransom without making Renard our sworn enemy.
Seconding this.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Guns:

Caz Solidarity.

Lieutenants: Sandoral if we go for Secret Mission, Renard if we do Second Kharangia.

More Caz Solidarity.

Final mission: Secret Mission, preferrably where we maximize our ransom without making Renard our sworn enemy.

Works for me.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Guns:

Caz Solidarity.

More Caz Solidarity.

this

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Yeah that all sounds good except for this part, I say we maximize and turn Renard into our sworn enemy, after all he's nothing but useless

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

sullat posted:

Yeah that all sounds good except for this part, I say we maximize and turn Renard into our sworn enemy, after all he's nothing but useless

Renard is the spiritual successor to Elson, who as we know was diametrically opposed to Caz. Therefore it's only fitting that we continue the tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

sullat posted:

You know what, fair. Updated my recommendation.