Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Edge Maverick... is not a good name. For anybody, but especially a bog-standard JRPG protagonist. Debatable if it's worse than Fayt Leingod, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

LJN92 posted:

I played Ephemeral Fantasia, I think I'm even higher than this game already. I think I'd have to really go dumpster diving to find something worse than Ephemeral Fantasia.

"Not as bad as Ephemeral Fantasia" is damning with extremely faint praise. Is this game really that bad? No spoilers, obviously, I can wait for the trainwreck to get started in earnest.

Sum Gai fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 5, 2023

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
"Forcefields work like Dune, everybody use archaic weapons" has some obvious precedent, at least. Mainly my question is where did bugs get powerful forcefields, anyway?

Sum Gai fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 7, 2023

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

This game really moves at a breakneck loving pace.

How many hours of gameplay is it between crash-landing on our first alien planet, meeting actual aliens and then leaving for another exoplanet?

Credit where it's due, this is something to praise- in previous Star Ocean games the planet would be quasi-medieval and we'd be stuck on it for most of the game*. Whatever else it does wrong, as I'm sure will become very apparent, we're out exploring planets in a working starship. This game actually makes use of the setting. It's a pretty big change!

*the last game even did it twice- first you crash on a medieval fantasy planet, get your ship working and escape, and then get shot down again over a different medieval fantasy planet where most of the game takes place.

Sum Gai fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 10, 2023

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
I'll say that while the writing hasn't really been great, or even adequate, it at least hasn't been scorching me like acid, yet. Curious to see how that'll change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Yeah, wow, everything about Meracle is terrible. I was waiting for it to get much worse and in that sense it did not disappoint.