Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

how is it a forklift thread got to 2 pages without this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJdCJMyBi5I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I had a 5'0 Chinese guy working on the warehouse that was probably the best person on a fork lift I've ever seen. Dude would do things insanely fast and whip around like it was a prius while listening to country music.

Man was a legend and sang Alan jackson the entire day.

He didn't smoke weed at all but the one time we finally egged him into it he was unbelievably hilarious and basically lost his perfect american accent and went into broken English / half chinese. Whenever he's high he claims he loses his Americanization it's a lol

The man left to live in hawaii because weed opened his eyes to wanting to be a beach bum and traveling singer...

I hope he is doing well

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I had a 5'0 Chinese guy working on the warehouse that was probably the best person on a fork lift I've ever seen. Dude would do things insanely fast and whip around like it was a prius while listening to country music.

Man was a legend and sang Alan jackson the entire day.

He didn't smoke weed at all but the one time we finally egged him into it he was unbelievably hilarious and basically lost his perfect american accent and went into broken English / half chinese. Whenever he's high he claims he loses his Americanization it's a lol

The man left to live in hawaii because weed opened his eyes to wanting to be a beach bum and traveling singer...

I hope he is doing well

an operator success story

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Does a skid steer trump a forklift

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
In my mind a forklift, and the people drive them, are Killdozer wannabes

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lord Awkward posted:

also "how not to tip over or drive off a dock" and "how to maximize your chance of survival should you gently caress up the aforementioned"

One of the questions on my exam to get FORKLIFT CERTIFIED was something like "most forklift deaths occur because of"........ Correct answer was trying to jump out of a forklift as it's tipping over

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

more like dorklift certified

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Treecko posted:

In my mind a forklift, and the people drive them, are Killdozer wannabes

Hey there pal, gently caress you! I don't see nobody bragging about being killdozer certified.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ah, gently caress

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

more like porklift certified

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Buce posted:

more like porklift certified

Is that the one used to lift the giant pig balls?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
At shift start you gotta run to get the good forklift otherwise you're gonna get the one with the lovely battery and hosed up back tire.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Full Metal Jackass posted:

At shift start you gotta run to get the good forklift otherwise you're gonna get the one with the lovely battery and hosed up back tire.

What happens when you have to get off to go to the can?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

What happens when you have to get off to go to the can?

You leave your gloves in the seat. Nobody has the sack to violate the glove-holding rule.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Honor among forkfucklers.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

My old place had assigned machines to stop this bullshit. #519 baby.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

*Tim "the Toolman" noises*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol I remember there was a pretty serious accident on day shift once so they turned on the speed limiters on all the trucks.

Lasted about 2 weeks because production dropped like 40% lmao

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol I remember there was a pretty serious accident on day shift once so they turned on the speed limiters on all the trucks.

Lasted about 2 weeks because production dropped like 40% lmao

Production above all else. Looking back at it now death was only narrowly avoided daily lol.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

God bless America!!!!:911::911::911::911::911::911:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Weighs as much as the killdozer before adding armor to it. You'll be fine on level road. Hills and anything else, well, that was a short trip

wesleywillis posted:

Lol @ a goon that doesn't think a forklift is powerful

Depends on the engine size and trans, really.
We have a 24,000 pound forklift at work for lugging around 14k pound coils with a v-6 and handles poo poo like a champ
We also have a 32,000 pound forklift with a v-8 and it stalls out on small bumps when loaded with material

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 5, 2023

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm gonna assume most of the forklift certification involves "don't run into stuff" and "don't drop poo poo on people's brains" right?

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJdrQXyfhnk

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I drove a hyster no one at work liked because it had a governor, and since I was the new guy in the union, I got it. I figured out the trick was you stomp the pedal and get up to speed (5mph) then let the pedal up about a quarter of the way and it would bypass the governor and take off. 18 mph on a forklift was fun as a youngster. Dunno if I'd be as daring now.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i drove a front end loader and occasionally used the forks. i was more of a grappler than a forker

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I got forklift certified once as a job requirement, had to show up to work at 4AM to do the course and got to go home at noon. I then never once drove a loving forklift for the remainder of my time on the job and then went to go work someone else eventually.

Good times.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

20 Blunts posted:

i drove a front end loader and occasionally used the forks. i was more of a grappler than a forker

Did a stint at that too except the loader was a dedicated forklift, with a rotator. Used to enjoy lounging in AC in July while everyone else was sweating balls working in the yard

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

*puts down pint of beer at the bar*

What's my job you ask? ...Heh...

*flips out forklift certification*

I'm a forklift driver...forklift certified....

Gets them every time.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Nelson Mandingo posted:

*puts down pint of beer at the bar*

What's my job you ask? ...Heh...

*flips out forklift certification*

I'm a forklift driver...forklift certified....

Gets them every time.

Bro, you must have to beat them bitches off of you like every night and every day.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Don't have to beat them off if you turn the steering wheel and nick them in the shin

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Weighs as much as the killdozer before adding armor to it. You'll be fine on level road. Hills and anything else, well, that was a short trip

Depends on the engine size and trans, really.
We have a 24,000 pound forklift at work for lugging around 14k pound coils with a v-6 and handles poo poo like a champ
We also have a 32,000 pound forklift with a v-8 and it stalls out on small bumps when loaded with material

This reminds me that solid wheels can eat poo poo, got a little standup reach truck at work for 2500 lb stuff and if there's so much as a splinter on the floor, loaded or not, you're driving nowhere

might as well be a pallet jack

e.

Treecko posted:

Don't have to beat them off if you turn the steering wheel and nick them in the shin

coworkers that run between the forklift and the wall while you're working can eat poo poo too

Lord Awkward fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 5, 2023

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Coworkers that go anywhere near the hilo while working can eat poo poo. Never fails, any time I gotta work in a specific area everyone has to be there for no damned reason

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I bought a brand new lexus certified forklift at the The Lexus December to Remember Suck and gently caress Sales Event

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've never worked a forklift but I've been around them enough to know there's always one like that. Then it breaks down and everything gets backed up waiting for it to get fixed.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Yeah I'm forklift certified, need one to carry my HUGE BALLS

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Waffle! posted:

That sounds like a serious medical condition and you should go get some high fives from doctors.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Waffle! posted:

This problem will fix itself soon.

Might want to get your OFA 3.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me