Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Scrolling GBS on my phone makes it look like this thread is talking about being FOR
KLIFT certified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what you can do for Klift, ask what Klift can do for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Klift is real and my friend. They showed me the proper way to use a counterbalance forklift.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Some triflin rear end bitches walking outside the yellow lined paths finna get their wigs split by these two man-sized forks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh great it's corporate walk through day GTFO there are some people tryna WORK around here

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I ended up becoming forklift certified because the previous forklift guy got fired for LUI (Lifting under the influence). I was apparently the most level-headed of the people they could spare for the 3 day course.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Soylent Yellow posted:

I ended up becoming forklift certified because the previous forklift guy got fired for LUI (Lifting under the influence). I was apparently the most level-headed of the people they could spare for the 3 day course.

I got certified while under the influence.Or CUI if you will.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Some triflin rear end bitches walking outside the yellow lined paths finna get their wigs split by these two man-sized forks

When you hear my horn beeping you best be checking your six. I’m on production and these pallets ain’t gonna lift themselves.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Only thing I'm under the influence of is Almighty God, more snizz than I shake a stick at, and a tallboy of Monster Zero Ultra

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

When you hear my horn beeping you best be checking your six. I’m on production and these pallets ain’t gonna lift themselves.

What's unreal is these twerps with pick carts not obeying the right of way. I'm on the forklift, I have the right of way, rear end in a top hat

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I tried to go to the forklift store and they said there is no forklift store, even though I could plainly see forklifts at the store

how do I get forklift

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I tried to go to the forklift store and they said there is no forklift store, even though I could plainly see forklifts at the store

how do I get forklift

If you have to ask you can't handle one pal :blastu::dogcited::blastback::smuggo:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKERS

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Only thing I'm under the influence of is Almighty God, more snizz than I shake a stick at, and a tallboy of Monster Zero Ultra

Fuckin PROfessional right here folks

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

how do I get forklift

The first rule of Caterpillar is that there’s no going direct with Caterpillar

Cultivate a relationship with your regional dealer… motherfucker

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

The Butcher posted:

After you get your forklift cert you can get ordained as well online for about $20.

This is basically a novelty but is really good for annoying your aunt who went to church school and runs a church and can be like "oh, I'm technically a minister too!"

it was in the wild wild west of the early internet when practically anything was possible,

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

istewart posted:

The first rule of Caterpillar is that there’s no going direct with Caterpillar

Cultivate a relationship with your regional dealer… motherfucker

Like the 🅾️perator Pro always says, you take care of your regional dealer and your regional dealer will take care of you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

how do I get forklift

like I said, I got some leads on an auction going up next month

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thinkin bout getting skid steer certified just to have something to putt around the yard in. Heard the test is open book, multiple choice, and you get points for spelling your name right :lol:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Smugworth posted:

Thinkin bout getting skid steer certified just to have something to putt around the yard in. Heard the test is open book, multiple choice, and you get points for spelling your name right :lol:
You can put forks on that poo poo, but it's not quite the same.

That being said, it took me about 20 minutes or so while drunk to get FORKLIFT CERTIFIED so you can probably get it done even faster if you're sober.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Coming up on a full week of being FORKLIFT CERTIFIED now, I gotta tell you my life has changed immensely. All for the better mind you.

You too can become a fuckin legend and certified badass by clicking on this link:

https://alison.com/course/forklift-...ASAAEgLHefD_BwE

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lol at all the losers in this thread hating on forklifts that got hand truck certified

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I was working at a place today that had a bunch of forklifts rolling around and was all like "gently caress yeah bro, I can do that poo poo cause I'm FORKLIFT CERTIFIED"!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had to use THIS BULLSHIT at work today!!

Don't they know I am Forklift CERTIFIED???

It's an insult, like handing davinci a goddam box of crayons!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

We used to race around the shop on those things. Pallet jacks are great fun.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Haven't touched a pallet jack since I was 10

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

there was this turn in the factory where you'd have to pallet jack drive pallets of drug that were 2-8c storage through a hallway loaded drat near to the airlock doors with stuff that was 30-60c storage, on the way to the 2-8c cooler right next to the locker with 30-60c samples and the logbook for them; and it was a 45 degree turn right into the pallets. I learned that one real fast but so many people would crash it and you'd just hear vials of drugs crack when they did it. It was very stupid, it was like a 2cm clearance at best. Newbies would just crash poo poo and just keep backing up and retrying the bad angle.

Only certain people were allowed to move pallets with jacks through the facility to the loading dock/cooler when we did cytotoxic lyo drugs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Re pallet jacks if you’re a badass you drive one of these bad boys:

If you’re an exceptionally gifted toddler maybe you can work your way up to one of these for dorks

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Re pallet jacks if you’re a badass you drive one of these bad boys:

If you’re an exceptionally gifted toddler maybe you can work your way up to one of these for dorks

we had one at the drug factory but it literally couldn't get through the hallways because it was a modified office building that they turned into an aseptic core lol, the hallways were literally 2 pallets wide at most

just insane poo poo, and that plant is still validated and will always find a buyer

the warehouse dudes loved unloading the cooler and the dock with that thing, though, always asked production why we were so pissed about moving pallets

edit: moving and lifting pallets is serious business

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 11, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

we had one at the drug factory but it literally couldn't get through the hallways because it was a modified office building that they turned into an aseptic core lol, the hallways were literally 2 pallets wide at most

just insane poo poo, and that plant is still validated and will always find a buyer

the warehouse dudes loved unloading the cooler and the dock with that thing, though, always asked production why we were so pissed about moving pallets

edit: moving and lifting pallets is serious business

During my time as a warehouse worker I think I spent time in nearly every department and used pretty much every different truck we had. Pallet jacks, reach trucks, cherry pickers, tuggers (lol). Best time though was probably when I worked in receiving. We had this sit-down late-model Hyster with a joystick instead of levers that was fast as hell. Loved offloading trailers with that thing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

During my time as a warehouse worker I think I spent time in nearly every department and used pretty much every different truck we had. Pallet jacks, reach trucks, cherry pickers, tuggers (lol). Best time though was probably when I worked in receiving. We had this sit-down late-model Hyster with a joystick instead of levers that was fast as hell. Loved offloading trailers with that thing.

there were capouts we did with TORs of like 80 minutes so you'd throw a pallet down then run it into the 2-8c with a pallet jack on the industrial lift outside that room almost directly into the cooler, and watching those guys take all 7-8 pallets out of the cooler into the 2-8c refrigerator truck the next day with one of those electric pallet jacks while not changing shoe covers, in street clothes and just signing logbooks was just like :mad: I just had to gown out of a cleanroom, wrap this fucker by hand and throw it in a cooler and you get to use THAT :mad:

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 11, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Only real forklift operators will get these posts

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Smugworth posted:

Only real forklift operators will get these posts

So few understand this.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Nooner posted:

I had to use THIS BULLSHIT at work today!!

Don't they know I am Forklift CERTIFIED???

It's an insult, like handing davinci a goddam box of crayons!

Bro, that's a fuckin humans rights violation right there .

I'm currently at the pub.

Hoping to get drunker than I did last Friday night and then see how many tries it takes me to get FORKLIFT CERTIFIED this time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

there were capouts we did with TORs of like 80 minutes so you'd throw a pallet down then run it into the 2-8c with a pallet jack on the industrial lift outside that room almost directly into the cooler, and watching those guys take all 7-8 pallets out of the cooler into the 2-8c refrigerator truck the next day with one of those electric pallet jacks while not changing shoe covers, in street clothes and just signing logbooks was just like :mad: I just had to gown out of a cleanroom, wrap this fucker by hand and throw it in a cooler and you get to use THAT :mad:

We had this bay of rowed racks that we used for FIFO perishables because they were accessible only from the front and back of the row. Receiving would put product in from the back and production would bulk pick from the front. We primarily used it for pallets of bottled water that were about 4200lbs and even I would get a little nervous lifting those things up with the reach trucks. They were right at the max capacity of the truck and you could feel the back end wanting to tip while you had it in the air.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

We had this bay of rowed racks that we used for FIFO perishables because they were accessible only from the front and back of the row. Receiving would put product in from the back and production would bulk pick from the front. We primarily used it for pallets of bottled water that were about 4200lbs and even I would get a little nervous lifting those things up with the reach trucks. They were right at the max capacity of the truck and you could feel the back end wanting to tip while you had it in the air.
But you're a real FORKLIFT CERTIFIED OPERATOR, so you weren't scared right?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

wesleywillis posted:

Of course not. Full confidence in my ability. You think they give certification to just anyone?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Keep it on the rails, guys

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Yeah yeah, we all do coke here. We're fuckin FORKLIFT CERTIFIED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
https://imgur.io/UaIghDG