Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jeremy Orbin'

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lumpentroll posted:

richard scarry forging a swastika

i had a Busy Town game as a kid that came on a CD, and it had fully voiced dialogue, it was pretty cool for the time

i don't remember much about it except that little worm guy in the apple helicopter, and that there was a nurse that was an anthropomorphic lioness. specifically i remember this because every time you would reach her clinic in the game it would crash, and since we're talking about 1992 or whatever the crashes would bring down your entire computer

so, obviously every time i tried to play that game you couldn't progress past that point. as a result there was a cartoon lion saying "put a bandage on it" in a horrible fran drescher imitation voice, looping endlessly, until you pulled the plug on the computer

anyway, gently caress richard scarry and gently caress you lumpentroll for making me remember this. i will probably hear that line on my death bed

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i had a Busy Town game as a kid that came on a CD, and it had fully voiced dialogue, it was pretty cool for the time

i don't remember much about it except that little worm guy in the apple helicopter, and that there was a nurse that was an anthropomorphic lioness. specifically i remember this because every time you would reach her clinic in the game it would crash, and since we're talking about 1992 or whatever the crashes would bring down your entire computer

so, obviously every time i tried to play that game you couldn't progress past that point. as a result there was a cartoon lion saying "put a bandage on it" in a horrible fran drescher imitation voice, looping endlessly, until you pulled the plug on the computer

anyway, gently caress richard scarry and gently caress you lumpentroll for making me remember this. i will probably hear that line on my death bed

My brother in Christ, you're going goblin mode and showing your whole rear end.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

My brother in Christ, you're going goblin mode and showing your whole rear end.

:whitewater:

it's meant to be funny

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I liked it. Exact kinda energy we need to manifest Madam Presidente

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
she seems like a suburban druid you could have a beer with, you know?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I am a witch. I am everything you've heard.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
the star mother looks kindly on goblin mode rear end gremlins

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

erosion posted:

Too bad I'll never vote D again

What if that D... stands for Dore!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Sorry but Vermin Supreme is my president.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
President Jimmy Dore of the United States of Jimmy Dore presents President Jimmy Dore in: The Jimmy Dore Administration

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Doreitos hijack a thread about a strong woman politician, they're more sexist than the Talibern it seems.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
message received and lesson loving learned :stonk:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
placeholder

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
After leaving Texas, she went to New York City, intending to pursue a career as a cabaret singer, but got distracted by "bad boys and good dope."[8]

Just wanted to say Marianne: I’m sorry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
reserved

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
reserved

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gas

Weka
May 5, 2019

Smythe posted:

The message is we should use witchcraft to elect the orb queen.

Turtle Watch posted:

After leaving Texas, she went to New York City, intending to pursue a career as a cabaret singer, but got distracted by "bad boys and good dope."[8]

Oh, buddy, you're not a dope.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Weka posted:

The message is we should use witchcraft to elect the orb queen.

Oh, buddy, you're not a dope.

thank you 😊

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Smythe posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Turtle Watch posted:

Queen

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I mean, it isn’t like I’m going to vote for a rapist

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

erosion posted:

Too bad I'll never vote D again

that really is too bad you're right

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Smythe posted:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

white house press person dunking on marianne's orbs

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lumpentroll posted:

nice toxx, welcome

hoist by my own petard!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1632842420982259713?s=20

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
got my mind on my orb queen, and my orb queen on my mind

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1143497336385134594
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1143512532658864128

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1632839140180914176

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lock her up

www.americanbar.org posted:

Q: Does freedom of religion require respect for other religions? Amina from Washington, D.C.

A: The First Amendment to the United States Constitution states, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” In other words, the government cannot endorse or denigrate religion and neither can it deprive any individual of their right to religious freedom .
. . .
In order to ensure that there is government respects all religions and favors none, the First Amendment also, through the Establishment Clause, prohibits government endorsement or denigration of religion . By doing so, the founders of the Constitution intended to keep the government away from influencing people’s choices about religion.

The founders have created both the Establishment Clause as well as the Free Exercise Clause within the First Amendment to ensure that this liberty is preserved and respected. Taken together, these clauses encompass the often-cited principle of separation of church and state.

The Establishment Clause, in short, prohibits the government from playing favorites based on what people do or don’t believe.”
. . .
Q: What religious expression is protected by law? Amina from Washington, D.C.

A: The First Amendment to the Constitution protects Americans’ right to religious freedom through two provisions: the Establishment of Religion clause and the Free-Exercise clause.

This first Clause basically prevents the government from preferring a particular house of worship or religion or proclaiming a particular religion to be the “official” religion. It also prevents the government from legally declaring any religion to be false, even if the majority of people don’t believe in it.

The second Clause constitutionally protect the ability of individuals, including as part of a religious community, to exercise their own religious practices in a fashion that is consistent with the rights of others. (There is a lot of debate as to where that line should be drawn!) .

So what is religion, then? Courts have generally considered a lot of things to count as religion. In fact, religious beliefs are protected even when they don’t match up to the rules or ideas expressed by a rules or ideas expressed by the leaders of a particular religion. This means you don’t even technically have to belong to an organized religious group to receive protection for your religious beliefs!

Beliefs are considered religious, and therefore protected by the First Amendment as long as they play “the role of a religion and function as a religion” in your life. That means you don’t even actually have to believe in a God or a higher power in order to classify your own actions as religious.

. . .Bearing in mind that we are talking here about public schools and other government officials (since the First Amendment only protects against government action), here are some kinds of sincerely held beliefs and activities that may be protected:
    . . .
  • You are free to operate a church dedicated to worshipping the Roman pantheon without any interference from the government, even if your beliefs are shared by just a handful of other people. And you're free to use public property to wave signs and hand out leaflets and otherwise promote your polytheistic beliefs. (But you should probably do that ONLY if you’re confident that if you were put to the test, a jury would decide that you are a sincere and true believer.)

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Weka
May 5, 2019

Wrong bitch, love did win the battle of Stalingrad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Weka posted:

Wrong bitch, love did win the battle of Stalingrad.