Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just for the record, alprazolam is the generic name for Xanax.

And I'm sorry you're dealing with that - good luck with the titration. There are a few non-benzo drugs that could be tried aside from propanolol - hydroxyzine has become popular, clonidine sees a fair amount of use, and buspirone has been around forever.

Ngl, clonidine is pretty great for panic attacks, I keep a stash for just that circumstance.

My only problem is it makes me sleepy as hell about four hours in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur

Pontificating rear end posted:

Is Vyvanse the one with real shortage rn? I thought about trying to get some since I cant' tolerate adderall any more

I'm having 0 problems getting brand Vyvanse, but the generic is impossible to find. It's super cool because now that the generic exists, my insurance won't cover the brand, and it's like $460/mo.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Pour it from the shaking hand
Generic form alprazolam
Perforated for every milligram

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

awesomekittens posted:

I'm having 0 problems getting brand Vyvanse, but the generic is impossible to find. It's super cool because now that the generic exists, my insurance won't cover the brand, and it's like $460/mo.

Same, no issues finding brand name Concerta due to the release mechanism costing $$$. Costs me $210 month after coupon. Gotta love insurance not covering it. :911:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

awesomekittens posted:

Hi, brand new to this world and this is exactly our problem with the exact same drug.

Doctor tried switching to Azstarys because it looked like our insurance covered it based on their website but it wasn't properly handled or something and we paid full price at the register

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

I'm currently getting the generic form of Adderall instead of the real thing. doing okay so far :thumbsup:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I would love to try adderall sometime. When I was a kid I was diagnosed with ADHD and got ritalin. The Ritalin made me queasy and sick so I wouldn't take it. My parents started taking it instead until I was like 20 I found out that my mom had been going to the doctor on my behalf to get a scrip. She asked me to go to the doctor and talk to her to continue the prescription. I had the doctor stop giving it, they were very upset, my mom moreso.

I probably have ADHD still but I've developed mental strategies for coping with it over the years. Not perfect strategies but strategies nonetheless.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I finally got out of my weed induced stupor after being off it for a while, starting to actually get closer to a full 12 hours of useful difference on vyvanse, upping from 40 to 50. Also been titrating up on zoloft at the same time and starting to realize the way i was living was not normal or good in any way lol. Probably should have kept at it when i tried five years ago.

Thank you for reading my diary

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Adderall was the first ADHD med I tried, and it was awful. Muscle tension all over my body, teeth grinding, headache, rapid heartbeat, etc. But the worst was that it made me hyperfocus so much it was frightening. I'd get so fixated on a task that even when the task was over I kept going over it in my head for hours later, because I couldn't switch my focus to something else. And I'm talking about things like household chores, where the chores are done but I'm still visualizing the steps of doing them for hours afterwards. Crazy.

It killed any kind of creative thinking, too. It's like every part of me, even my mind, was rigid and unbending.

It was such a miserable experience, I can't imagine why anyone would use it recreationally, except that it must have a different effect on them.

And I was only taking (IIRC) 20 mg XR. Now I'm on 70 mg Vyvanse and it barely works anymore. Focalin gave me anxiety and Strattera didn't seem to do anything at all. :sigh:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh my God my doctor is a loving idiot. :bang:

I called his office on Wednesday to refill my two Adderall prescriptions (I take regular and XR). Checked with the pharmacy to make sure they had them both in stock, talked to his secretary and was told he'd send them in. Ever since COVID he is only in his office Monday through Wednesday, so this was the last day of the week I could talk to him but still early enough to send in both scrips. I can text him, but the texts go to his computer which he doesn't always check every day; at most he might check it once or twice a day.

On Thursday, I went back to the pharmacy to clarify they had the generic Adderalls in stock, which they did, and made sure they got both prescriptions. They told me they got the prescription for the XR, but not for the regular Adderall. What the gently caress? So I texted my doc to send the prescription for the regular Adderall since he apparently forgot.

Fast forward to today, I still haven't gotten a notice that he ever sent the regular scrip, AND the scrip for my XR Adderall has suddenly vanished. WHAT THE gently caress??? So I just called the pharmacy and was told that the XR prescription my doc sent was for name-brand only, which they didn't have in stock.

I HAVE NEVER TAKEN NAME-BRAND ADDERALL IN MY LIFE!! MY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER NAME-BRAND!! I HAVE ONLY EVER TAKEN GENERIC, AND I'VE BEEN WITH THIS DOC FOR YEARS AND I AM PRETTY loving CERTAIN HE SHOULD KNOW ALL OF THIS poo poo BY NOW!!

GOD loving DAMNIT!!! I am ALMOST wondering if my doctor is loving with me on purpose! :bang:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

I. M. Gei posted:

Oh my God my doctor is a loving idiot. :bang:

I called his office on Wednesday to refill my two Adderall prescriptions (I take regular and XR). Checked with the pharmacy to make sure they had them both in stock, talked to his secretary and was told he'd send them in. Ever since COVID he is only in his office Monday through Wednesday, so this was the last day of the week I could talk to him but still early enough to send in both scrips. I can text him, but the texts go to his computer which he doesn't always check every day; at most he might check it once or twice a day.

On Thursday, I went back to the pharmacy to clarify they had the generic Adderalls in stock, which they did, and made sure they got both prescriptions. They told me they got the prescription for the XR, but not for the regular Adderall. What the gently caress? So I texted my doc to send the prescription for the regular Adderall since he apparently forgot.

Fast forward to today, I still haven't gotten a notice that he ever sent the regular scrip, AND the scrip for my XR Adderall has suddenly vanished. WHAT THE gently caress??? So I just called the pharmacy and was told that the XR prescription my doc sent was for name-brand only, which they didn't have in stock.

I HAVE NEVER TAKEN NAME-BRAND ADDERALL IN MY LIFE!! MY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER NAME-BRAND!! I HAVE ONLY EVER TAKEN GENERIC, AND I'VE BEEN WITH THIS DOC FOR YEARS AND I AM PRETTY loving CERTAIN HE SHOULD KNOW ALL OF THIS poo poo BY NOW!!

GOD loving DAMNIT!!! I am ALMOST wondering if my doctor is loving with me on purpose! :bang:

I think your doctor has ADHD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
In all honesty if you can use a hospital pharmacy do it, I literally cannot get vyvanse right now for me or my wife at any pharmacy that's a retail. My hospital pharmacy can't get generic, but they can get name brand and because of the shortage it's covered by insurance (thankfully). CVS had the loving balls to tell us that as soon as the generic was about to come out, every prescription was changed immediately and all scripts were stopped and switched over. Even though the eta on getting the generic was "will be determined". Not the pharmacist fault but a massive gently caress you to everyone. Doc called it in to the hospital pharmacy and they had it next day available.