Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm placing curses on DEA agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!!!" lol yu guys remember that southpark episode where the kids were all on adderall?? haha

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

MrQwerty posted:

I don't do amphetamines or pretend I need amphetamines to function normally OP

Well I do!

So gently caress Will Smith and gently caress u 2

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you can’t make your own self-control, store-bought is fine

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's an artificial shortage so they can double their prices OP. And I will tell you how I really feel about it. Oh pretty flowers.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Astrochicken posted:

good thing i lost my job and insurance last august so i don't have to worry about it.

You don’t have insurance? Is the squad on this?

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Amphetamines work for like 1.5 weeks then you are just getting back to baseline just like most other drugs.

Because some dumbass doctor wrote a note for it people think "oh yeah lemme take this everyday for 10 years"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can I interest you in a 100% organic non-addictive fidget spinner in these trying times

naem
May 29, 2011

does sugar free monster energy drink count

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
heroin maybe? :shrug:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just sucking a tremendous amount of dick.

Wait uh what was the topic?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

MrQwerty posted:

I don't do amphetamines or pretend I need amphetamines to function normally OP

:same:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jose posted:

In march 2021 I asked my gp to get assessed for ADHD. That happened October last year and I have it. Still waiting to be given any medication lol

They don't use Adderall in the UK at all afaik

its a shithole country probably worse than the us hth

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
I just chug coffee.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you cant drink coffe and then beat up your dick for 16 hours straight this is why we need amphetamines

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Only way to deal with anything is prayers up toes down iirc

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

You can make amphetamine from a glass of piss and bleach in as little as 2h. How is there a shortage?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Achieving self actualization as I know longer feel like a robot.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
By getting shunted to a medication that works a lot worse and isn't covered by insurance :shepicide:

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Deki posted:

By getting shunted to a medication that works a lot worse and isn't covered by insurance :shepicide:

Thank you squad! Thank you Dems! Thank you B!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
at least the meth is cheap and pure

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
meth causes psychosis and marriage failure. but it lets you jerk off for six times as long as adderall

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

still love that the myth that getting high on speed totally does something special and different to your brain if you have ADHD is alive and well and it's not just a tool to use to nudge your behavior

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
And all psychiatric drugs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Private Cumshoe posted:

And all psychiatric drugs

ya I was on SSRIs for a while and they hosed me up worse, and then I was on carbamazepine for a while and that really helped me out but eugh gently caress that poo poo. I don't take any meds anymore because they are not long-term solutions. Still talk to my therapist every Thursday morning, tho.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

But yeah it's been a major pain in the rear end and I had some wild mood swings after I ran out and had to skip over a month.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

But yeah it's been a major pain in the rear end and I had some wild mood swings after I ran out and had to skip over a month.

that's called an "amphetamine withdrawal"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

that's called an "amphetamine withdrawal"

Yeah it was bad

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Might I interest you in the science of Dianetics, maybe you saw our super bowl ads.....

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I'd rather have diamorphine

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
I don't really get withdrawal for more than a day, and once I'm off my days feel much more emotionally rich. poo poo flattens me out, especially by the end of the day I'm a zombie and it affects my relationships, but I still take it. Also I'm on Dexmethylphenidate and haven't had issues refilling.

Been thinking about trying Wellbutrin tho, sick of all the poo poo that comes with amphetamines.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

MrQwerty posted:

still love that the myth that getting high on speed totally does something special and different to your brain if you have ADHD is alive and well and it's not just a tool to use to nudge your behavior

It does lol

Or do you mean the underlying mechanism

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My goon have you tried lsd?!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

nom epique posted:

Thank you squad! Thank you Dems! Thank you B!

who let you out of your cage

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buce posted:

who let you out of your cage

Baha Men. :hmmyes:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i'm still able to get mine with delays but the cost has gone up fourfold. i used to pay about a buck a pill and it's now up to about four. thankfully i can afford the 120ish a month it costs and it's still worth it to me (because i'll get fired pretty quickly if i have to go an extended period without it). it sucks because you can only get 30 days at a time and you can't request a refill until you have five days left. so you have that window to put in the request and if there are any hiccups in the process (there are always hiccups) then congrats you get to go back to the bad brain until they get their poo poo sorted out

had to go about a week without it two weeks ago and by the end of the week my boss was getting pretty testy with me because i was having so much trouble following through on things we'd discussed the previous day or even in the current discussion. it's cool that this is something i'm going to have to deal with about once a month until this situation finally stabilizes or i get fired. love to be treated like a criminal for trying to function in a society that will similarly toss my rear end out the moment i stop trying to function by its rules. it's real cool and good, op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

stockpiling. i got a lot of extra, i could break you off a chunk if you need.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

you cant drink coffe and then beat up your dick for 16 hours straight this is why we need amphetamines

You can’t? :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe every child really just needs their own barista in school. :thunkin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i'm starting to stash pills in case of delays just so i don't fall behind in my job. it really sucks because i need these things not just to be a productive little worker bee but also to be able to enjoy my own life. so this bullshit is causing me to sacrifice my personal time just so i can stay functional in my job. it really fuckin sucks