Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just let Poland bomb Belarus, as a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Tigey posted:

Good News!

https://tass.com/politics/1755521

As they did with their 'politics free' gas exports, Russia will lead the way in creating a politics free payment system! And on the blockchain!

Now, who'll be the first to sign up? Anyone?

Can't wait for Russia doing a a rug pull. :allears:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
BRICcoin going to liberate us from statists

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lol and lmao reading twitter tankies calling NAFO US foreign policy utterly missing the point of why it started. Holy poo poo is it cringe but it sure has done its job.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Ukraine preemptively droning Belarusian refineries would potentially open up Kyiv to invasion. Lukashenko is/was propped up by Russian troops as it is, seems likey he'd give Russia the deal of the century, until Russia gets tired of paying for gas and simply takes the refineries for themselves. They've made noises about invading Belarus already.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Ukraine should keep hitting Russia and then get someone to whisper into Lukashenko's ear that he could totally take Putin out and rule Russia as well

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

freelop posted:

Ukraine should keep hitting Russia and then get someone to whisper into Lukashenko's ear that he could totally take Putin out and rule Russia as well

Id pieman was anything to go by, luka could roll over russia without resistance as long as he promised to genocide all ukranians and war even harder.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

haddedam posted:

Id pieman was anything to go by, luka could roll over russia without resistance as long as he promised to genocide all ukranians and war even harder.

Whoever the next Russian leader is, they will make the same promise... absolutely bonkers. :ughh:

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Apparently a Su-35 has gone down over Crimea in a friendly fire incident.

Edit:

https://i.imgur.com/Ohf8ztM.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ybtJHmQ.mp4

What a strange trick

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I didn't know planes could autorotate down like helicopters.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Ronwayne posted:

A spin is a common enough way for airplanes to crash, and it's probably a bit harder to recover from a spin when your entire airplane is currently on fire and most of the critically important bits of the plane and/or your body suddenly have a lot more holes in them than they're supposed to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ronwayne posted:

Any plane can do it, albeit only once.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"I wish you to spend the upcoming Easter holidays the way you like the most. Maybe with your head in the clouds."

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

"I wish you to spend the upcoming Easter holidays the way you like the most. Maybe with your head in the clouds."

:drat:

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Tai posted:

Lol and lmao reading twitter tankies calling NAFO US foreign policy utterly missing the point of why it started. Holy poo poo is it cringe but it sure has done its job.

NAFO really REALLY makes some people mad.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Air defense gave that SU-35 VTOL capability.

Vatnik Terminated Operational Life

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

weg posted:

Air defense gave that SU-35 VTOL capability.

Vatnik Terminated Operational Life

It’s VTOL, but without the TO

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Samovar posted:

This seems very... Callous? Very... Banal in the face of the political reality of the moment.

Or maybe I just find it to be stupidly cringe.

Why? They play an orchestral song (but not an anthem) when raising a flag. For a lot of people, John Williams or Jerry Goldsmith are the main sources of such music. My only issue is that the theme from "The Undiscovered Country" would have been more appropriate.

Cringe would have been the theme from Home Alone or Star Wars.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

haddedam posted:

Why doesn't Russia just give up on Ukraine who clearly don't want them there and just take over Belarus, who seem into it.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
so is the reason for these friendly fire incidents over russian controlled territory that the aa guys can't tell the difference between a jet and a missile/drone, or do they think the ukranians are seriously flying fighter jets over sevastopol?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LordArgh posted:

so is the reason for these friendly fire incidents over russian controlled territory that the aa guys can't tell the difference between a jet and a missile/drone, or do they think the ukranians are seriously flying fighter jets over sevastopol?

They're not friendly fire incidents :ssh:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
god i wish the x-32 was real and out there secretly fighting the good fight

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
will it into existence

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

They poured the cumulative skills and talent of the Ghost of Kyiv and every fighter bomber drone operator ever recorded into a machine learned artificial intelligence and then gave that resultant AI an X-32 no one was using for much of anything. The Grinning Bastard has been a great success.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

LordArgh posted:

poo poo training and commanders threatening to beat you if you don’t stop a Ukrainian attack.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

LordArgh posted:

Your AA is supposed to be able to detect friendly aircraft and will refuse to lock into it in flight so I don't know wtf is going on with so many friendy fire incidents. Same goes for the manned units. The equipment will tell you that it's friendly. Maybe it doesn't have the tech built into it. Nothing surprises me anymore in regards to Russian equipment. Everything is all about cutting corners to skim off more cash.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't understand why they even entered that thing. Like, it was obvious to anyone that this fat gently caress of a plane wouldn't ever be selected.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Tai posted:

Your AA is supposed to be able to detect friendly aircraft and will refuse to lock into it in flight so I don't know wtf is going on with so many friendy fire incidents. Same goes for the manned units. The equipment will tell you that it's friendly. Maybe it doesn't have the tech built into it. Nothing surprises me anymore in regards to Russian equipment. Everything is all about cutting corners to skim off more cash.

This is what the was delivered to the guy responsible for installing the transponder

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I suppose "The Joker" would have been a good nickname for the plane. :shrug:

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1773667127758623123

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bohemian Nights posted:

even if they were the worst army in the world, they would still cost ammunition, artillery and manpower that ukraine just doesn't have to spare

Wow I guess they should just surrender and let themselves get ethnically cleansed

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Well in any case hopefully the Czech million shells will make it to the front ASAP, but haven't heard anything about more guns through.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1773724727388852680
:dafuq:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So Russia says Ukraine special forces and tankies are saying the CIA funded ISIS to do this.

ok......

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Ukraine is CIA

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ick: Ukraine is CIA
Sick: CIA is CIA

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Everyone is CIA. Even Putin.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Say what you want about the CIA, but those guys sure accomplish a lot based on how much I hear people talking about them being responsible for significant world events. I want to be on whatever they're taking, I'd probably get more housework done haha!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The CIA is the reason I'm over the age of 30 and live with my parents, can't keep a job, and can't take anxiety meds (Too worried about Ukraine killing all those people)

Maybe all this posting online all day will salve these maladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Toxic Mental posted:

Ick: Ukraine is CIA
Sick: CIA is CIA

If Ukraine is CIA, and CIA is USA, then Russia has attacked USA. Why have we not flattened Russia by now?