Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Russian Peter Griffin is very lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

all I can think of when looking at that third video in that tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

chewie is that you?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

orange juche posted:

all I can think of when looking at that third video in that tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

I wouldn't want to drive through or under that plume at speed with the vents closed, let alone at 10km/h.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Budzilla posted:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024...-bribery-a84941

https://t.me/moscowcourts/3089?single

It is interesting what is happening it is probably a mixture between political infighting and he was too noticed with his wealth on a salary like his.

https://twitter.com/k_sonin/status/1782857533683822982

LMAO I remember someone theorizing that Putin was going to clean up the military and win this war.....and welp, that's not happening.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

CommieGIR posted:

LMAO I remember someone theorizing that Putin was going to clean up the military and win this war.....and welp, that's not happening.

Getting all the soldiers and vehicles destroyed or captured so you can start from scratch would count as cleaning, technically speaking.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EorayMel posted:

Getting all the soldiers and vehicles destroyed or captured so you can start from scratch would count as cleaning, technically speaking.

I guess having your high command bombed helps too, touche.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Senate passed the Ukraine aide bill. Had Biden signed it?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Yes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

That would have been Commander, USEUCOM in his brief to the House Armed Services Committee a couple weeks ago. He put the fear of God into some of those reps, and they managed to pass the funding request because of it. He was talking on the timeline of years of course, working forward from the point of "what happens if the US cuts off lethal aid to Ukraine" and he posited that within 2 years Russia would have enough new production online to either win the fight outright or force Ukraine to the negotiating table, and then in the tradition of expansionist dictators with imperialistic dreams, he would probably turn his eyes to ex-Warsaw Pact nations and start planning to carve them up. (In this theoretical scenario, Trump wins 2024 and permanently kills Ukraine aid, and enforces his "Russia can do what the gently caress ever they want to NATO, I don't give a gently caress" claims)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Senate passed the Ukraine aide bill. Had Biden signed it?

Yes. First 1bn in aid already on the way if not partially there I believe from what I've read.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Locator posted:

Yes. First 1bn in aid already on the way if not partially there I believe from what I've read.

https://i.imgur.com/Vs6yZI1.mp4

Rzeszow, Poland, 50 km west of Ukraine.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Orca Skabeyeva sounds like some type of whale mange

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

McGavin posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Vs6yZI1.mp4

Rzeszow, Poland, 50 km west of Ukraine.

Just to be real for a second that clip shows about 10 vehicles in total. It's not exactly an obvious sea of military aid or anything.

Or actually maybe just the same 5 or 6 vehicles twice.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Just to be real for a second that clip shows about 10 vehicles in total. It's not exactly an obvious sea of military aid or anything.

I think the point is that they already have something there waiting, not that it's billions waiting.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Sedgr posted:

Russia and the meatwave mobiks

This is a pretty hosed up band name :mods:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Seems like it would be a bad idea to make an Instagram reel of all your weapons but what do I know I never played war thunder

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

zone posted:

The price of bread in the superpower Russia is now up by 30% in large cities. Economy booming hard, thank you

That is pretty much in line with the increase in the USA since 2022. However, it did occur in just the first quarter of 2024!

mawarannahr fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 25, 2024

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

grumplestiltzkin posted:

This is a pretty hosed up band name :mods:

Dead Yevghenys

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Spring, Purge, Summer, Autumn, Winter the 5 seasons in Russia

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Turns out that trying to wage war in inhospitable rural countryside loving sucks rear end

Rural countryside as opposed to ??? countryside?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's loving terrible. Forced to fight, try to not, get sent back. Presumably they are just treated worse, whatever that means for an army that makes torture pits for its own soldiers.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Khanstant posted:

That's loving terrible. Forced to fight, try to not, get sent back. Presumably they are just treated worse, whatever that means for an army that makes torture pits for its own soldiers.

There have been more and more reports from the Krynky direction of mobiks refusing to attack Ukrainian positions, in almost all cases they got beaten up severely or otherwise dreadfully punished. Their commanders don't care, you follow their orders however suicidal or torture is the least of their worries.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Imaging stalks on the second set don't match the first, that's two sets.

Khanstant posted:

Seems like it would be a bad idea to make an Instagram reel of all your weapons but what do I know I never played war thunder

It's within "technically still Article 5" Poland, and even if Russia has the people to surveil the presence of military equipment, they don't have the force projection to do anything about it that far away from any friendly fronts.

zone posted:

There have been more and more reports from the Krynky direction of mobiks refusing to attack Ukrainian positions, in almost all cases they got beaten up severely or otherwise dreadfully punished. Their commanders don't care, you follow their orders however suicidal or torture is the least of their worries.

I'm sure the commanders are avoiding that fate for themselves when they inflict it on others. Not excusing it, just explaining it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Oh, I know, not that long ago monke severely punished the entire regiment responsible for air defense in Crimea and sent even the officers to the front line.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mistle posted:

Imaging stalks on the second set don't match the first, that's two sets.

It's within "technically still Article 5" Poland, and even if Russia has the people to surveil the presence of military equipment, they don't have the force projection to do anything about it that far away from any friendly fronts.

I'm sure the commanders are avoiding that fate for themselves when they inflict it on others. Not excusing it, just explaining it.

I didn't mean that picture, I meant the person who seemed to expect 1 billion worth of things lined up .

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I didn't expect that at all. It's just, tempter expectations there's not a war winning flood of arms coming into Ukraine just across the border. Hopefully enough that they can weather all the poo poo the Russian's are throwing at them right now while the bulk of it is shipped over the coming weeks and months.

But to your other point yeah you do. There's still a massive psychological element to war and frightening the enemy with the might of your arms is something all armies try to do. Ever seen a military parade? An air show?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

zone posted:

It really makes one (or at least, me) when the breaking point is reached, i.e. the abused soldiers use their arms to strike back at the immediate source of oppression instead of being sent into a meat grinder.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
More Russian assets and positions are getting blown up thanks to us aid and I'm all for it

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1783397343229776159
The cope sheds are back, and seemingly in some number.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1783394867512557675
And a misplaced cigarette again did its job well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

fondue posted:

The first bot looks like it's armed with two blunderbuss.

I know it's the rear of an RPG tube, but it definitely reminds me of the Killa Kan I built from plasticard and bitz.

(It kills me every time I see the photo that I didn't use a bigger base)

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Red makes it go faster!

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1783476484557897734
https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1783466525657063522

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I have 10bux on her saying war is bad

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Brand new cope dropped. Beaded curtains being used as screens.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zone posted:

A Russian abacus. :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

zone posted:

they have Cum and See on VHS back there

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zone posted:

So the explosive goes off prematurely, turning the curtain into an impromptu claymore sending beads to every nearby mobik?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Is it a safe bet to assume at least some of those mobile dog pens don't open from the inside ?