Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

holodprmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

New Perun today:

https://youtu.be/wXKUNc9yI2A

Also an update on the situation in Bakhmut:

https://youtu.be/abKJ4X1uewA

As always, this channel has annoying clickbait thumbnails, but the information in the video is reasonably presented.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Oh my, a thread about war in gbs. I'm not sure we can handle this, guys. Someone should pm the mods.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Why would FSB want to kill Kadyrov, though. He is an important state asset. Anyway, I'm afraid the sources reporting the supposed poisoning are dubious at best

A few weeks ago he was talking about wanting to form his own PMC, so I guess it's conceivable Moscow thought he was getting too big for his britches? But this again seems like it would more likely point to a rival rather than his boss (assuming the whole thing isn't made up.)

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Tai posted:

Just an aside, some people might find NAFO cringe. Sure sure. But NAFO came about to troll russian disinformation on twitter for example I'm fairly sure and not to make light of war.

True.
Nafo-memeing is all about countertrolling pro-russian trolls.

Please release the doges of war.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nooner posted:

Was kadyrov causing enough trouble to get the ole spicy tea?

It seemed like he was just a mostly harmless (for Putin) dumbass that was keeping Chechnya in line

The was speculation he and Prigozhin were considering an attempt to oust Shoigu, but I don't think it's been substantiated. Kadyrov has nothing to gain from rocking the boat, he's already a total ruler of his kingdom, and the beneficiary of a very generous Muscovite tribute.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

They didn't want to be there, raping and looting and murdering civilians. They were FORCED to. So have some empathy!

I, for one, hope they pack it up and go home.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Bleh. I hope this thread works.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 5, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I can't think of any reason but poison for why a fat 44 year old alcoholics kidneys might be shutting down

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

bad_fmr posted:

Putin pooped his pants

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

the holy poopacy posted:

A few weeks ago he was talking about wanting to form his own PMC, so I guess it's conceivable Moscow thought he was getting too big for his britches? But this again seems like it would more likely point to a rival rather than his boss (assuming the whole thing isn't made up.)

I mean he already has a personal PMC in all but name, in the form of Chechen forces, and it's even funded by Russian budget. Yes, if he has enemies trying to kill him, I think it's safe to say they aren't working for Putin.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I'm glad this thread is back.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Looking forward to a civil discussion and reading some funny posts :)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is death to putin considered lusting?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its considered Reddit

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

I mean he already has a personal PMC in all but name, in the form of Chechen forces, and it's even funded by Russian budget. Yes, if he has enemies trying to kill him, I think it's safe to say they aren't working for Putin.

The statement he made specifically talks about wanting to compete with Wagner, while in the same breath effusively praising Wagner's results. Which, from a :tinfoil: perspective, could be interpreted as him being aware he was talking about a dangerous subject and trying to tread carefully.

All just rampant speculation though, nothing to do now except wait and see.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1632013180749639681
:downsrim:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
New thread, new morning

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Pander posted:

They didn't want to be there, raping and looting and murdering civilians. They were FORCED to. So have some empathy!

I can't believe America forced innocent Russian soldiers to do this...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

KazigluBey posted:

I can't believe America forced innocent Russian soldiers to do this...

Just ask Sergey Lavrov, he definitely thinks Ukraine attacked them first when he came to India and got laughed at for his pains.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My Bundeswehr friends tell me this is a good summary

https://twitter.com/HeliosRunner/status/1632378097960988672

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Paging Kit for map updates

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope all the euro nerds flourish

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
This thread should never have been closed in the first place. When will Hand Knit apologize?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

I can't think of any reason but poison for why a fat 44 year old alcoholics kidneys might be shutting down

I'm only 36 actually

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1632337547392155650
Imagine burning ambulances.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

In pre-collapse Russia, Air Defense ask "What do you?!"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I personally find Russia, under the leadership of Vladimir Putin, attacking Ukraine for an imperialistic land grab with the sole excuse of "it used to be ruled by a version of my home country I am currently LARPing" very alarming, from a viewpoint of a militarily non-aligned neighboring country, which also used to be a part of the Russian Empire some 105 years ago.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The rules are the rules and they will not be litigated, and this thread is not exactly in a position to negotiate terms.

Stop arguing about them, follow them and this thread lives

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Also if you want discussion about how admins hosed it up forever or how things should be different, please come to the feedback forum here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=686 You can make a new thread in there for issues. Use that space so we can fix things and hear you out and this thread can stay on topic.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, similar offences here means „setting random poo poo on fire”, not “anti-Ukrainian terrorism”. Dude was caught sitting on a bus stop, watching the fire. He was known locally to set random piles of garbage and abandoned buildings on fire before.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

HonorableTB posted:

excuse me he is a devout religious man and alcohol is strictly haram

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
If that was directed at me, point taken. No sass intended at all.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
so whose balls are getting nuked this Tuesday?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

happy new thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzDsfluUFKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLoIaHwKfE

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 5, 2023

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

Why would FSB want to kill Kadyrov, though. He is an important state asset. Anyway, I'm afraid the sources reporting the supposed poisoning are dubious at best
Yeah, I can't recall any example in the recent past where speculations about someone's death or serious illness was later confirmed. This kind of news appears every time a dictator disappears for a few weeks after having plastic surgery or something.

Also Hello new thread/Welcome back old thread :wave:

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 5, 2023

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Welcome back thread, please don't die again.

Dear President Putin. Please go visit the front lines for a bit, your troops will be happy to see you offering moral support when the HIMARs lands. This is the best thing you can do for your country.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Also if you want discussion about how admins hosed it up forever or how things should be different, please come to the feedback forum here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=686 You can make a new thread in there for issues. Use that space so we can fix things and hear you out and this thread can stay on topic.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The rules are the rules and they will not be litigated, and this thread is not exactly in a position to negotiate terms.

Stop arguing about them, follow them and this thread lives

Like at these mods doing drive by posts talking sense. Wtf is this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
I can't find it right now but there is longer video than this, but it doesn't really show much more - anyway, some partisans landed a drone on the radome of an A-50 (Russian AWACS) parked in Belarus and then blew up its satcom antenna pod.

https://twitter.com/AlexBondODUA/status/1631303676043165696

NATO has had its share of base security embarrassments too but jeez. Apparently Russia only has 9 8 of these.