Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Literal copium overdose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7reiN0f-Zkk

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1780690115368529936
It just keeps getting worse, huh?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Theyd better have planes loaded with gear as soon as the loving bill is passed. Russians likely will launch a new offensive in weeks of not days.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Europe needs to be able to stamp out one deadly, perfidious god-hating woke homo-nazi super soldier every 17 minutes.

We have tried but they keep punching members of parliament for unfathomable reasons

Clearly man was not meant to wield this power

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Burns posted:

Theyd better have planes loaded with gear as soon as the loving bill is passed. Russians likely will launch a new offensive in weeks of not days.

Hooray another ineffective human wave.

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009
Is there any sign of the US request for less bombing of oil facilities becoming another condition for this upcoming aid bill? As much as a massive amount of relief it will be for front line efforts, the strat-bombing campaign seems to be really moving the needle now. Would be a shame to move everything back to front-line stalemates that grind out more Ukrainian casualties when continuing both will ramp up the effectiveness of the oil shortage.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Gejnor posted:

I don't quite get this, the guy supposedly was probated for 11 years yet i swear ive seen this mealy mouthed bitch waltz into this thread over and over again.

Alt accounts?

He got off the 11 year probation and made 50 alt accounts to waltz into this thread with.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Afakasi posted:

Is there any sign of the US request for less bombing of oil facilities becoming another condition for this upcoming aid bill?

No, there is zero sign of that

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
helping those in need is fundamentally opposed to our base morals lmaooo

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

helping those in need is fundamentally opposed to our base morals lmaooo

But everyone in Ukraine are nazis I was told

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
someone should tell this Putin guy to stop it for reals.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The divine faith of Christian Nationalism will purge the continent of Satan! Glory to heroes. Glory to Tsar Putin.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Afakasi posted:

Is there any sign of the US request for less bombing of oil facilities becoming another condition for this upcoming aid bill? As much as a massive amount of relief it will be for front line efforts, the strat-bombing campaign seems to be really moving the needle now. Would be a shame to move everything back to front-line stalemates that grind out more Ukrainian casualties when continuing both will ramp up the effectiveness of the oil shortage.

even if they did, it would probably be like all our other restrictions which have been "don't use our weapons on Russian soil, yours are fair game". So you don't see ATACMS blatting refineries but you'd still see converted ultralights doing it.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

tiaz posted:

even if they did, it would probably be like all our other restrictions which have been "don't use our weapons on Russian soil, yours are fair game". So you don't see ATACMS blatting refineries but you'd still see converted ultralights doing it.

In addition, Ukrainian officials were basically saying "we're running short of supplies and you're having distribution issues, so we're going to target things bigger, more important, and critical to a sustained war effort even if it ends up hurting petroleum economies worldwide; we can't suffer the consequences of our actions later if we don't exist anymore."

tl;dr the impetus is on the U.S. to provide military aid to fight military targets and take economic war off the table.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

What is air defense doing

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Lol eat poo poo you nutjobs. Their whining is music to my ears.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/juliegraceb/status/1780746806692859936

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

loving lol

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Doesn't she represent the actual district squidbillies is set in?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Blistex posted:

Doesn't she represent the actual district squidbillies is set in?

My mind is still blown about how Early's VA in Squidbillies was a MAGA freak who didn't seem to understand that Squidbillies was basically mocking people like him.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

https://twitter.com/JaredEMoskowitz/status/1780766179881058352

:lol:

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 44 hours!)

Tai posted:

But everyone in Ukraine are nazis I was told

US piece of poo poo right wing politicans not wanting to support Ukraine is definite proof nazis are in some other country.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

That's not the dumbest amendment.

https://x.com/RepMTG/status/1780767303732199917

As a non-American, how does this work? Does any Rep get to tack on whatever they please? Does the House vote on each amendment separately? Surely the main bill and the amendments aren't all voted on as a package, that would be a trivial way to derail anything and everything.

Edit: Looked it up.

quote:

Under an open amendment process in the Committee of the Whole, measures are usually
considered for amendment one section or paragraph at a time. Members must offer their
amendments to the appropriate part of a bill when it has been read or designated. Each
amendment is debated under the five-minute rule, providing five minutes for the Member offering
the amendment and five minutes for a Members in opposition. After this first 10 minutes of
debate, Members may obtain additional time for debate by offering pro forma amendments in the
form of motions to strike the last word or the requisite number of words. Unless barred by the
terms of a special rule reported by the House Committee on Rules, each amendment in the
Committee of the Whole may be amended by a perfecting amendment, a substitute amendment,
or both. A substitute for an amendment is also amendable. After the Committee of the Whole
disposes of the last amendment to be offered to the bill, it rises and the House then votes again on
all the amendments the committee has approved. A recommittal motion usually offers a final
opportunity to amend a bill or joint resolution before the House votes on passing it.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/RL/98-995

beer_war fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 18, 2024

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
How broken is this woman's brain?

https://twitter.com/KareemRifai/status/1780773199325598194

Edit: I made the mistake of looking at what other amendments there were, they're pretty dumb.

https://rules.house.gov/bill/118/hr-8035

quote:

Prohibits funds directly or through other entities for abortion services.
Prohibits funds for Ukraine until illegal border crossings fall under 1,000 per day.
Prohibits the use of any funds for Ukraine until 90 days after the President has initiated peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine.

And my "favourite";

quote:

Strikes entire bill text.

Bertha the Toaster fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 18, 2024

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Mistle posted:

In addition, Ukrainian officials were basically saying "we're running short of supplies and you're having distribution issues, so we're going to target things bigger, more important, and critical to a sustained war effort even if it ends up hurting petroleum economies worldwide; we can't suffer the consequences of our actions later if we don't exist anymore."

tl;dr the impetus is on the U.S. to provide military aid to fight military targets and take economic war off the table.
I feel like Ukraine is justified in doing this and should be doing this even if they were getting all the help they could. It's clearly putting pressure on Russia, and hurting their economy significantly, which is kind of insane for something so cheap. For a strategic bombing campaign it also kills very few people. And while Russia can repair the damage, it takes time, and Ukraine can just repeat the strikes until they figure out a defense.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Edit: I made the mistake of looking at what other amendments there were, they're pretty dumb.

And my "favourite";

Republican

Enough said

If USA was attacked tomorrow there would be some GOP memebers still fighting to make sure all abortion is banned while their home town is being flattened. They are that stupid that society has to slow down for them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

the funniest thing is the senate bill had all the poo poo they wanted with the border and more and they had a decent amount of popular support for it because the GOP managed to switch immigration narrative, but because trump and psycho purity chuds, they hosed it up. lol.

And my "favourite";

because she is terminal chud brain.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the funniest thing is the senate bill had all the poo poo they wanted with the border and more and they had a decent amount of popular support for it because the GOP managed to switch immigration narrative, but because trump and psycho purity chuds, they hosed it up. lol.

They can't inch towards a goal, it's all now or nothing.

Even though I disagree, I can see the ideological argument for cutting funding to Ukraine. However they are saying it's what their consistents demand feels really disingenuous. Outside of places like PW and the chuddiest inner circles of Twitter I haven't seen any support for leaving Ukraine out to dry. How many people actually want this, because for most Americans they wouldn't be able to tell if we send them aid or not during their daily lives.

That's why my suspicion senses are tingling about who the Freedom Caucus members are really answering to.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah this was always a weird thing. Ukraine aid was popular among the GOP and most GOP voters seemed pro or ambivalent about it. It was Johnson stopping it from being voted on and a handful of under developed people like MTG or Gaetz making noise about it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

beer_war posted:

That's not the dumbest amendment.

https://x.com/RepMTG/status/1780767303732199917

As a non-American, how does this work? Does any Rep get to tack on whatever they please? Does the House vote on each amendment separately? Surely the main bill and the amendments aren't all voted on as a package, that would be a trivial way to derail anything and everything.

Edit: Looked it up.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/RL/98-995

Ffs MTG going on about Jewish Space lasers again

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

There's more now. It's the legislative equivalent of shitposting.

Just from MTG:

- Reduces every dollar amount in the bill to zero.
- Strikes the entire bill and replaces it with H.R. 2.
- Redirects funding in the bill to build The Wall.
- Redirects funding to families of individuals who die from fentanyl.
- Prohibits funding until Ukraine's Corruption Perceptions Index reaches a level commensurate to that of its NATO-member neighbors.
- Prohibits funding until Ukraine bans abortion.
- Prohibits funding until Ukraine turns over all information related to Hunter Biden and Burisma.
- Directs the president to withdraw the U.S. from NATO.
- Funds made available by this Act shall be offset by the salaries of Members who vote in favor of it.
- Prohibits funding until Zelensky resigns.
- Requires any country that receives U.S. financial aid to provide the U.S. with funds to build a wall on the southern border.

Other highlights:

- Prohibiting funds to be dispersed until Zelenskyy certifies in writing to Congress that President Trump did not seek Zelenskyy's assistance in influencing the 2020 election. (Good, R-VA)
- Ensure that none of the Funds in this act are sent to Gaza. (McClintock, R-CA)
- None of the funds made available by this Act may be dispersed or otherwise allocated until the Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine submits all documents related to any investigation of Burisma Holdings Ltd. to Congress. (Roy, R-TX)
- This amendment will ensure that America's NATO allies are paying their fair share for security. It mandates that before any funds for Ukraine can be spent, the President must certify that NATO allies are meeting their Wales Summit Declaration commitment to spend 2% of their GDP on defense. (Waltz, R-FL)
- Prohibits funding to conceal or classify records regarding the detention of Gonzalo Lira. (Gosar, R-AZ)

beer_war fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 18, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I know why it's happening - Russian actions - but it's sad to see much of the world re-arm after so long, much of Europe and Asia was disarmed for the most part after WW2, and seemed to like it. I wonder if this represents some of the reluctance of Europe to respond to Russian actions now, that it was a good period of time and they don't want to see it go away.

But sadly, I don't think we have much choice.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ffs MTG going on about Jewish Space lasers again

I don't understand. What? Space lasers? What drugs does this woman use?

:cripes:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

DiomedesGodshill posted:

What drugs does this woman use?

Yes.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I am selfishly excited to get to use the term “fortress Europe”in my lifetime. But also “gleaming rebuilt Ukraine” and “the peaceful, inert, somewhat smaller nation of Russia that stands on the very cusp of universal indoor flush toilet adoption”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DiomedesGodshill posted:

I don't understand. What? Space lasers? What drugs does this woman use?

:cripes:

Perfectly natural idiocy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Any more news on the czech/estonia shell deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

She thinks the SW Border is in space based on how that is worded.