Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sometimes the best available is still inadequate for the job. Like the best we can do is tell you to stop posting that stupid stuff and several of us pitched in for a bunch of those but it wasn't enough - you repeated your bad idea again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Telsa Cola posted:

Nah I didn't say that. What I said is that avenue of attack might not be beneficial for Ukraine in the long run because I don't think they come out better in the exchange.

Ok, so let's summarize your position:

You recognize Russia has been attacking Ukrainian energy infrastructure prior to anything Ukraine has done to elicit a response, and have increased these attacks in response to Ukraine attacking Russia's refineries and such in their territory. And you think this isn't a good exchange.

So Ukraine, who have had their territory invaded upon for years by said Russia, and are engaged in warfare with while having less resources and manpower, who know the repeated war-crimes already committed against them and their civilians, who have developed, tested, used, refined, and improved all sorts of various long range warfare strike capabilities with drones and such, who found an effective and efficient way to take pressure off the front lines to support their defense, are somehow not doing good enough for you.

........Like I'm sorry that sending some drones at distillation towers isn't fatally crippling the entire Russian war machine, but given the circumstances of all of the above it's really tone deaf to criticize what they are doing as "eh maybe they should reconsider because it's not a good enough exchange". The alternative of not doing this and slowly bleeding out sounds pretty bad too yea, so, the exchange is fine.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It‘s more likely Russia is doing more attacks because someone sold them some stuff or they found more somewhere.

In case you missed it, Russia is the side who can just go home to end this.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I understand what Tesla Cola is trying to say but I think that all of Russia's attacks follows a pattern of availability of resources than one of strategy.
When the three day special operation started to lose steam there were huge 50+ missile attacks every other day. It was loving grim but it eventually petered out due to dwindling Russian rocket supplies.
I think that the most recent uptick in attacks is just due to a build up of drones put aside for the summer attacks. Once the current stocks are depleted again russia will stop these huge bombing runs regardless of what Ukraine is doing.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Welp, that's it then. Kyiv in 3 days.
I sincerely doubt Ukraine can even last that lo—

It's only a question of time.
I mean, look at the size of that conv—

It's the second strongest military in the world!
If they can afford to spend 50+ rockets a day on civilian infrastructure
I shudder to think what they've planned for legitimate military tar—

Ukraine doesn't even have a na—

These meatwave tactics are sure to work.
Superiority in numbers. This was the plan all along.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Russia strategy all along was to push into Ukrainian territory, claim it as their own, lose 85% of their men in the process and stretch their lines thin enough to be snapped by a single ATACMS. It just makes sense.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Toxic Mental posted:

Russia strategy all along was to push into Ukrainian territory, claim it as their own, lose 85% of their men in the process and stretch their lines thin enough to be snapped by a single ATACMS. It just makes sense.

-Sun Tzu,
The Blyat of War

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Tafferling posted:

I understand what Tesla Cola is trying to say but I think that all of Russia's attacks follows a pattern of availability of resources than one of strategy.
When the three day special operation started to lose steam there were huge 50+ missile attacks every other day. It was loving grim but it eventually petered out due to dwindling Russian rocket supplies.
I think that the most recent uptick in attacks is just due to a build up of drones put aside for the summer attacks. Once the current stocks are depleted again russia will stop these huge bombing runs regardless of what Ukraine is doing.

I'm with you here. It is probably true that Russia either increased the missile count or moved up the schedule on trying to hit Ukrainian energy infrastructure in response to refinery strikes, and I guess I missed where that's wholly incompatible with what TC is actually committing to, or we might be jumping at shadows (although I agree with Eastern European goons about that not changing the imperative to provide lethal aid). It definitely isn't wholly new.
I don't agree with "Ukraine can't win that exchange", partially because spares don't necessarily have to be sourced from or already be present in Ukraine to get slotted in to replace destroyed equipment. I recall an article stating that the relatively good performance of the energy grid in the first year was largely down to spares, and don't see a reason to think that's different now.

Fog of war hey. :shrug:

Dandywalken posted:

I have all that information.

why u holding out on us dogg. I'll back you up on the warthunder forums come on man

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1785214909166305635

Squirm, coward. You psychos made your bed, now you can lie in it.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1785214909166305635

Squirm, coward. You psychos made your bed, now you can lie in it.

I've said it before, but I loving HATE how these guys write.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

do you think the bill is good or bad? it seems normal to me and the main objection seems to be it might stigmatize NGOs that have to disclose their sources of funding. this is a normal type of law also found in advanced locations like the EU.

I am deeply concerned that the CIA once again is pumping money into another event. The multiple untraceable and unverified billions that it has pumped into multiple colour revolutions and deomonstrations is worrying. What is more shocking is that you can't find anyone who has received that money. Where did it go? Who got it? Why do billions and billions of dollars flow out of the US for two decades and no one can point to any evidence. :iiam:

I fear that if the CIA keeps pumping billions of untraceable dollars into bribing people who have no knowledge of the thousands of dollars they recieve then it could get ugly. People might get unhappy with policies and the way that their government is run (influeneced?) might piss off the public and they kick out. gently caress the west, people deserve the right to be oppressed in peace!

Tai fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 30, 2024

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Tai posted:

I am deeply concerned that the CIA once again is pumping money into another event. The multiple untraceable and unverified billions that it has pumped into multiple colour revolutions and deomonstrations is worrying. What is more shocking is that you can't find anyone who has received that money. Where did it go? Who got it? Why do billions and billions of dollars flow out of the US for two decades and no one can point to any evidence. :iiam:

I fear that if the CIA keeps pumping billions of untraceable dollars into bribing people who have no knowledge of the thousands of dollars they recieve then it could get ugly. People might get unhappy with policies and the way that their government is run (influeneced?) might piss off the public and they kick out. gently caress the west, people deserve the right to be oppressed in peace!

:wtc:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

It’s parody, of this kind of person: :beck:

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

Tai posted:

Is this some ChatGPT generated nonsense?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're trying to be sarcastic about a topic that's presumably bugged them in the past (accusations that all pro-democracy protests are CIA funded), now that it's tangentially relevant, but it perhaps misfired for some readers due to the lack of guarantee that their audience would have the same internal context.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Tai posted:

There's no way to double down on a sarcastic post without coming across as someone with terminal conspiracy brain. Poe's law and all that.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1785220939661058295
:sickos:

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

I've said it before, but I loving HATE how these guys write.

I've often wondered, is this just how Russian/Slavic languages are? Or are they all just insufferable fart huffing assholes?

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023
The CIA are funneling money into the American equivalent of a Dacha

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Markovnikov posted:

I've often wondered, is this just how Russian/Slavic languages are? Or are they all just insufferable fart huffing assholes?

It does seem to be a trend in Russian media, yes.

god please help me fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 30, 2024

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Markovnikov posted:

It's partly how they write (in an attempt to get by FSB and police censorship) and that same flowery style of writing not jelling well with automated translators

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
While we are on weird writing styles. Why do those translation bots (or what ever they are) post text in the same paragraph in different sizes?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Jippa posted:

While we are on weird writing styles. Why do those translation bots (or what ever they are) post text in the same paragraph in different sizes?

I think they’re using google translate on screen capped images for convenience, which just randomly throws up words in various sizes to kind of squeeze in all the information. It’s very obvious if you try to translate labelling on foodstuffs or whatever (which is what I use it for) but I guess it also gives up and dies with cyrillic chat messages

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

I think they’re using google translate on screen capped images for convenience, which just randomly throws up words in various sizes to kind of squeeze in all the information. It’s very obvious if you try to translate labelling on foodstuffs or whatever (which is what I use it for) but I guess it also gives up and dies with cyrillic chat messages

Gotcha.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
The smaller victim of violence being choked out is REALLY gonna be choked out now that they tried to poke the attacker in the eye while they tried not to die.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Markovnikov posted:

I do know that I find Trotsky's writing to be quite, quite annoyingly verbose, and I have often wondered if it is a phenomenon of translating Russian to English... But then again, I've read some Lenin, and it was miles more straightforward.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
alcoholism and depression makes you write novels about assfucking

quote:

To make the captured Leopard-2A6 look "humiliated", the Russians broke its gun and stabilizer drive
https://packaged-media.redd.it/ewq8...0020d0cbba1#t=0

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Expired Mongolian copium obr. 2024

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
May 9 parade is probably just captured stuff on lorries

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Runa posted:

They're trying to be sarcastic about a topic that's presumably bugged them in the past (accusations that all pro-democracy protests are CIA funded), now that it's tangentially relevant, but it perhaps misfired for some readers due to the lack of guarantee that their audience would have the same internal context.

I figured it was sarcasm by the second half, it's written more how it would be spoken but missing all the nuance of speech. But you never know with how bad some people's section bias can be how it will be interpreted.

Of course it could only be outside influence causing unrest and not payment plans on bread or the fish brick shortages.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Arzachel posted:

There's no way to double down on a sarcastic post without coming across as someone with terminal conspiracy brain. Poe's law and all that.

Yea this is what got me. I chuckled at the first post but with the second I was no longer sure, lmao. Well played.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

To be fair... posted:

The smaller victim of violence being choked out is REALLY gonna be choked out now that they tried to poke the attacker in the eye while they tried not to die.

Yeah, if Russian is reacting to Ukraine's attacks by doing things differently, then Ukraine must be doing something right. Russia would either be doing the same thing or some other action they would consider to be more optimal. They aren't holding back.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

alcoholism and depression makes you write novels about assfucking

https://packaged-media.redd.it/ewq8...0020d0cbba1#t=0

:lol: pathetic, neo-Russian Empire threatened by an erect tank gun

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
if only we sent A-10s

then Russia could display the Dying Gau

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1785277948750090415

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Given recent developments this video takes an extremely dark turn at the very end....

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/blyskavka_ua/status/1785298461492965792
Every bit helps

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://mil.in.ua/en/news/german-officer-spied-for-russia-due-to-fear-of-nuclear-war/

quote:

A German officer accused of spying for Russia explained his actions by fear of nuclear war.

Spiegel reported on this.

At the trial in Düsseldorf, the 54-year-old Bundeswehr captain admitted that he had passed military information to the Russians.

The man said he took this step allegedly out of fear that the war in Ukraine would lead to nuclear escalation.

German media do not name the soldier, but note that the captain was responsible for electronic warfare systems.

The federal prosecutor’s office, while reading out the indictment, said that the officer’s goal was to “give the Russian armed forces an advantage against the background of the current political situation.”

The defendant claims that he hoped to find out in advance “when it will explode” through contacts with the Russian side in order to get his family to a safe place in case of a nuclear attack.

The officer says that he now regrets his actions and realizes that it was a mistake, but at the time, he was in a very bad psychological state.
muh nooks :dumb:

Burns
May 10, 2008

Someone needs to remind Russia who the only country to use nuclear weapons in anger is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Presented without comment.