Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

my buttcheeks is warm

drone comin in with the vasalin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

XeeD posted:

Whatever happened to that Russian band that sang about mustaches? Are they safe? Both in the alive sense and in the are they still okay to listen to sense? Cause I really like that mustache song.

They do good work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMYBfF7-hE

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

You got Bakhmuted

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Russian nesting dolls are so full of themselves.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just conscript all the Olympian discus throwers to toss the AT mines from a distance.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

just look at it lol

look at this piece of poo poo lmao

it looks like a boonie hat and i cant unsee it

That poor concrete floor.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mokotow posted:

Why the gently caress does the Massachusetts Air National Guard need to have a full intelligence brief on every aspect of the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Apparently the entire US military just uses Windows public folders with names like "Top Secret CIA Documents Do Not Look"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tai posted:

Dunno why NATO doesn't just turn to Canada and let them sort out everything now and forever more.

Because it turns out that "budgets balance themselves" may not be a good long term strategy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
poo poo, the USA wasted its only drone on such a long shot attempt. Might as well surrender now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

the popes toes posted:

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has got a bunch of them. Including ISW. Not saying they're wrong, but it's not corroborated.

how many assholes do you have?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

William Bear posted:

I laughed at him saying that Russia never had easy times. What does it do to a national psyche to never have a golden age to look back on, even just an imagined golden age?

Russia is depressing.

Richard Ayoade (IT Crowd, Darkplace) used to have a travel show where he and other British comedians would go to various capital cities and just wander around looking at the sights and culture.

The episode on Moscow was by far the dreariest of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsXNY0pwJxA

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm looking at my Canadian geography text book from 1995 and this Nunavut thing is bullshit.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

I'm not a missile technician tho

not with that attitude.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

madeintaipei posted:

More of a salvage yard. Those T-62s are parked in fairly neat lines, tampions fitted on the end of the barrels, hatches closed, and turrets facing the same direction (presumably to allow easy access to maintenance hatches and to save space).

The T-62 was produced in huge numbers and used for a very long time. At a certain point new production of parts wasn't needed because so many of them already existed. Rotate older tanks to storage yards, sort them by variant, and start stripping components to keep newer tanks running. This can be done on an as-needed basis or as part of an ongoing program.

Take radiators and coolers. They are relatively fragile and placed close to the outside of the compartment for airflow reasons. While not exactly a wear item, the radiator is prone to damage and will eventually get clogged up and need replacement and/or refurbishment. Depending on the design they can be rebuilt with new cores and end tanks, further extending their lifetime. It makes sense to recycle them back into service.

I prefer to believe that the two men in the picture are just going to build a fort.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

So up at my cottage in rural Canada. It is right on the highway between CFB Petawawa and CFB Trenton where our big airbase is. Been seeing a lot of military hardware, especially vehicles been going towards Trenton from Petawawa. Wonder where it's going

Probably wildfire stuff.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I'm sure he would get a fair trial.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

naem posted:

will they then immediately draft those arrested to the front line

The navy calls dibs on anyone with leg shorter than the other.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

look, actually caring about the money when theres a fuckin war on is an anglo and maybe dutch affectation. even other western euros didnt do it. they invented both specie and fiat money to do war better, dont flip the relation. they'll just beggar the entire society. fuckin w the money hasnt moved putin an inch for a quarter century, why would it work now

Wasn't one of the reasons for America getting involved in WWI was the realization that "oh poo poo, the British have borrowed so much loving money from us to fight this war, we better help them win so they can live to pay us back"?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

"Heroes of the Special Military Operation" sounds like a terrible game you'd find on Steam.

It's right up there with "The First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence"

Vakal
May 11, 2008
RIP Prigozhin, you were great as the villain in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The Langoliers ate the plane. Case closed.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Putin is absolutely a CIA plant hell bent on destroying Russia and cementing US global hegemony forever!!!!!!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

https://twitter.com/maria_avdv/status/1702391642089538038?t=BqH-SRe1dx2UH08fMVK5Ug&s=19

A war of extermination means everyone is called to defend their home and that means women too. Ukraine understands this and the Ukrainian military is supplying equipment to reflect that

But is that body armor anti Al Franken grade?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If I was a coyote that would just make me want to eat it more.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I've seen more complicated setups posted in the weed thread in GBS.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Just saw an article Estonia found a bunch more shells

I bet they were in the pockets of a bunch of old coats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

boofhead posted:

I get America knowing they're untouchable for the next couple centuries and laughing all the way to the bank but Europe watching their neighbour get slowly genocided by a two bit petrostate and saying "sorry, we can't afford to help, but don't worry it won't happen to us!" is Manchurian Candidate level bullshit

"If you want to make a fortune, help Europeans kill each other quicker, since that's what they want to do."