Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

New Perun today:

https://youtu.be/wXKUNc9yI2A

Also an update on the situation in Bakhmut:

https://youtu.be/abKJ4X1uewA

As always, this channel has annoying clickbait thumbnails, but the information in the video is reasonably presented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/skazal_on/status/1632839925195325443

New deranged Russian flag dropped

"NOVORUSSIA
to each what he deserves"

How could the Sims 3 do this?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It appears there is something of a revolution happening right now in Georgia

https://twitter.com/mari_nikuradze/status/1633203179729895424

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/mari_nikuradze/status/1633207949379219462

https://twitter.com/kshoshiashvili/status/1633163548330192916

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Not another CoLoR rEvOlUtIoN

I can't believe the CIA has done this

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Truly beyond the pale

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Randarkman posted:

Well, Nordstream 1 and pipe B of NS 2 are still around.

Are you sure? IIRC 3 out of 4 lines are inoperable.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

DiomedesGodshill posted:

So we're just going to ignore the Liechtenstein in the room?

Yes. Nobody cares about those rich assholes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

For all the Nordstream chat, if they wanted to keep using it, couldn’t they just, like, repair it?

As I understand it the biggest issue with that is seawater ingress into the pipelines due to there being, yknow a giant gaping hole in them. As you can imagine the sea water causes major corrosive damage so the sections of pipe that were affected need to be replaced.

As far as how long the affected sections are, I don't know. I don't know if there are any shutoff valves and at what intervals they're situated. Maybe the entire pipeline is affected and it all needs to be replaced?

The Russians have a pipe laying vessel (Fortuna) and a pipe production plant in Chelyabinsk so they might be able to do a lot of the work themselves, but remember that Nord Stream is a large part made using western technology, which they've lost access to. So they very likely won't be able to without outside help.

Also, if you remember when Russia was still using """Maintenance""" of NS1 as an excuse to blackmail Germany into opening NS2 by starving them of gas, they had a whole bit about a compressor that they couldn't get due to sanctions. You know, the compressor that was made by German company Siemens and was being serviced in Canada. My point being that they simply don't have the required domestic capability to support the pipelines.

As long as there are sanctions, they can't do anything to fix NS. And even if by some miracle they were to be lifted, Germany isn't ever trusting Russia with their energy security ever again, so Nord stream is dead and buried.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Putin literally has an FSO dude with a briefcase following him around everywhere he goes whose job is to collect his poo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've noticed before that they seem to have a LOT of those anti-tank mines and are using them for other purposes. This is an interesting example.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I already got probed once for this joke in the other thread I highly doubt the mods would churn out another.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mistle posted:

If you've ever seen a Caucasus white person have to endure some equatorial sun exposure, the "screaming red face with a blister-looking texture" is only slightly exaggerated.

Also, while a cool duck, it's not on my list of coolest ducks :colbert:

:lol:

Post the list coward

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A couple of days ago the French-German public broadcaster Arte released a documentary on Dozhd:

https://youtu.be/Qz7-Gobl65E

I thought it was an interesting watch.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cheburator 2 hahahah that's too good.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bounty should be you get to keep his wealth. Isn’t he supposed to be worth like 2T?

That money was all stolen from Russian citizens, so a 10% finder's fee and then set up a fund for the rebuilding of Ukraine and denazification of Russia.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kishida-san, release the mechas!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I don't know how to grab/embed Reddit videos, but my second fav today is the attempted Russian water crossing with one of those amphibious APC's, and they forgot to close all the hatches, so it just drives into the water.....and sinks.

Please Oscar, that BMP had a family

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The previous thread being closed is what happened.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

They're right in that everyone else is already in NATO and/or EU *

*offer doesn't apply to Moldova, sorry

Moldova is likely to he absorbed into Romania and become a member of both

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

alcatraz gently caress boy posted:

nato rules! suck my dick!

:yeah:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

EasilyConfused posted:

I doubt this. A lot of people expected that would happen when the Soviet Union broke up. Seems unlikely that it would happen after more than 30 years of independence if it didn't then.
Give it 5-10 years it'll happen. It depends on how the transnistria situation is resolved.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Brokebrained concern trolls don't need russian intelligence to run them, they can shitpost pro-russian garbage all on their own

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jimlit posted:

given how critical he was of the putin regime's handling of the war this is a very convenient terror attack.

Was he though?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Been reading reports on telegram saying that multiple copies of The Sims 3 were found on her person.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A Festivus Miracle posted:

NATO Intel agencies have been running hog wild in Russia this whole time.
Have they? What are you basing this on?

quote:

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this assisination was a NATO Intel agency aiming at low hanging fruit just to show that they could.

Explain. Why would a NATO intel agency blow up a cafe with some low rate Z blogger?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

https://twitter.com/GonzaloLira1968/status/1642960297190379520?s=20

IDK who that wiener is but this tweet made me irrationally angry, because he's stupid, wrong and missed the point of the tweeter he's trying to dunk on: Many English films are renamed other, still very much English titles, for the French market - it's not a translation of a different title in French.

Get this, they call it a Royale with Cheese isn't that WILD??????!!!??!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

zone posted:

That's nice. Now try liberating Chasiv Yar, Konstantynivka, and Ivanivske nearby and tell everyone how many months that's going to take. Average it out for a month for each village, and maybe the Russians might be able to reach Sloviansk and Kramatorsk in a few years.

This legitimately seems to be the plan for the Russians. Keep inching forward until the West gets bored and stops supporting Ukraine.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

They cannot sustain that at all, and are barely sustaining this advance.

I never said it was a good plan. :v:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Youtube suggested I watch a new Jordan Peterson, so I clicked it,and he started whining about the west spending too much ramping up a horrible war with ever more terrifying weaponry with no clear vision of victory in sight, so I clicked off. Good hearing from you Jorps!

e: here it is jorps. Someone with more patience than I could watch it and see if I misjudged him.

You do not, under any circumstance, have to give jordan peterson the benefit of the doubt.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

I've been caught off guard by surprise terrible people before, like people who I mistakenly had good opinions of suddenly pulling super weird "facts" out of their rear end to defend surprisingly bad opinions that I was just plain flabbergasted that they apparently held, and being caught off guard I felt kind of dumb not having any easily demonstrable facts or arguments on hand to back up any counterclaims. Apparently, they got these opinions and nonfacts from somewhere before they ended up inside their arse hole, and had I been more open to dumb poo poo ahead of time, I would have been better prepared for this particular encounter, and might have been able to more easily show this person the poo poo coming out of their mouth for what it was, because I would have had the counter arguments on hand.

Yeah sure don't self-flagellate, that's useless. I'm arming myself.

But again. Jordan Peterson.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/arictoler/status/1644464614850035714

This stupid rear end timeline

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Anybody following the story of supposedly hundreds of confidential documents on Ukraine, including top secret CIA stuff, being leaked through a Minecraft discord?

It's sad, other places get cool data leaks, we get the same two trolls posting the same thing over and over :negative:

Tell me you haven't read the last couple of pages of the thread without telling me you haven't read the last couple pages of the thread.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Or, you could just stop giving a poo poo about anybody, cause Fuckem! Then it makes sense to hand wring about supplying Ukraine, because Fuckem! It's really expensive, and won't anybody think about meeeee abloo abloo abloo. And gently caress territorial integrity, and gently caress human rights, and gently caress democracy, and while we're at it, gently caress democrats, right? Am I close motherfucker?

Other side of the horseshoe.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It hit a pothole and couldn't get out because all the Kontakt-1 bricks made it too heavy

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Play posted:

Those leaked documents are alleged to have been altered, for what it's worth. Although I haven't seen and am unlikely to see proof of that

Just the one document was altered. Just one.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got him.

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1646585400088035339

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Play posted:

Also pretty funny that apparently the enormous US intelligence apparatus was too busy circle jerking itself and needed Bellingcat's help to find this guy.

Bellingcat which effectively started on this very forum, lol that owns

Otoh, so did 4chan

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Locator posted:

Don't read too many of the replies to this on Twitter if you want to retain any kind of hope for the future of the United States.

Yeah that account seems to have a following of crazy people.

I already lost all hope for the future of the United States years ago though so no change there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Only greyzone reading tankie morons seriously think he's MI5 or CIA.