Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I'm glad this thread is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

War bad

There are several better card games to play

Also Russia should leave Ukraine.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

NATO better loving hurry up on the gay enslavement, I’m straight and free and it loving sucks.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

Having contingency plans for unexpected conflicts was and is a good idea for any military force, and can look kinda weird in hindsight. My favorite is the US plans drawn up for a potential conflict with the UK as recently as the 1930s-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

I loving love the rainbow war plans, just a bunch of midranking interwar officers justifying their existence with real life military fanfic.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Just sell Japan Shetland, bingo bongo Japan's in the north atlantic.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Heads up (pun not intended) that article has a Russian neo-nazi literally holding up a severed puppy's head by the ear. I couldn't come up with something more evil if you put a gun to my head.

How could NATO do this

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Vakal posted:

how many assholes do you have?

it looks like a lotus seed pod.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

NATO gets to grab Ukraine, so Russia gets to grab Belarus, it's only fair.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Russia continuing this war because there is a small chance they might be allowed to keep some captured territory is both idiotic and monstrous.

I will pay any number of other people’s lives to gain 3 square meters of Crimean swampland.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

zone posted:

So he believed in being a pedophile? yikes

I believe in him being a pedophile too

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

Kinzhal is pathetic when you realise it's stated joke range of 1900km includes being ferried 1500km by its launching aircraft.

I can run a marathon after being carried 42 kilometers.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

His existence is similar to an outer party member of Ingsoc.

Too complicated, explain to me in anime

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I’m a thread lurker, but I’d like a gang tag.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I am Hopeful I get to see a Russian capture one of those bradley specific M16s and try to use it

Oh, I love that thing. Doesn’t it use special bullets because regular bullets start tumbling the second they leave the barrel?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

What the gently caress does Hillary have to do with anything anyway?

Everything

why, triggered lib?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

First Benghazi, how this. Hillary must be stopped.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2VwFDV4-g

Talking dudes who can't understand that to throw a grenade you don't throw it directly at your target, you arc it.

So yeah, this is gonna be bleak.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Sashimi posted:

But you see there were nazis in G4.

I knew I hated that channel for a reason.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I am also curious how an Abrams handles mud because, on the one hand it’s a heavy bastard, but on the other it was designed for a WW3 European land war, so they had to consider this kind of terrain.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

spiritual bypass posted:

Isn't that a war crime?

It's a Special Military Operation crime, not a war crime.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

tiaz posted:

Similarly, the German CDU/Green coalition intends to bring the issue of Taurus deliveries to a vote tomorrow, so maybe those will finally get sent soon.

I know you don’t mean this, but the image of a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers opening up a crate full of Taurus Curves is hilarious to me.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

I watched an interview with the Bradley crew, the guy thanks video games for teaching him correct armoured warfare tactics and exactly where the weak points on a t-90 is.

Basically we can thank Warthunder for all this. Amazing. I actually notice Ukrainian soldiers thanking video games quite frequently in interviews. There was some Ukrainian special forces guy being interviewed about some deep behind enemy lines mission his team pulled off and he mostly mentioned his background playing STALKER airsoft. Or drone pilots thanking all the flight sim hours they've put in.

gamers rise up

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

You know that part of Metro 2033 where there’s ghost made from the ash silhouettes? That’s us, but shitposting.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Teatime posted:

Dumb guy question, at what point does a navy look at swarms of cheapo naval drones loving up their big expensive ships before sighing and starting to slap actual armour back on their ship designs?

My understanding with anti-ship missiles is that it's much easier to add a larger warhead to a missile than to add armor to a boat, so any arms race armor wise just favors the missile/drones. Intercepting the drones is the more cost effective method.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Trying to escape their burning tank only to be trapped by the net/fencing.

There's a certain Final Destination aspect to this that I find particularly horrifying for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I used to live in a population center, within 10 miles of a naval air field. Now I live within 5 miles of a functional Space launch site. A nuclear strike is a real thing I have to think about

how are your balls?