Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mobby_6kl posted:

I think Z said he'd be willing to talk to Pooh. I'd take it as a good sign overall, even if their peace plan is useless, that they're talking directly and he isn't just getting Pootin's nonsense

Xi is just going to tell Z that he should want peace and therefore give massive concessions to Russia. Xi can then boast that he tried to broker peace and at the same time make Z look unreasonable for not making the kind of concessions that would enrage China.

It's really a no-win for Ukraine since the end result of talking to Xi or snubbing him is, "Ukraine is being unreasonable".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Maybe for April 1st, we just let the USAF go wild on Russian forces in Ukraine for 24 hours. When Russia brings it up at the UN everyone yells, "April Fools" and just laughs.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mobby_6kl posted:

They weren't referring to a disabled person, that was about Steven Seagal

Have you seen a highlight reel of the "action" scenes from his latest movies? I'm positive they put a sheet over a wheelchair and moved him around with cables like a Muppet.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait does he realize the defenders of Stalingrad won even though they were surrounded on three sides

It's ok. The Russian Airforce is going to supply their troops via airlift after Ukraine's offensive, then link up with Army group Samsung Washing machine after a spectacular breakout. Later they're going to attempt a massive push through the Kursk region, once and for all breaking the back of Ukraine's army.

All they have to do is kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will collapse.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The creases on the flags are really small, indicating that they were folded to fit inside the smallest package possible, different than any packaged flag I have seen. Maybe they're issued to spies/saboteurs so they're easy to hide? I imagine knowing how bloodthirsty and indiscriminate the Russian army is, I'd want to have something to identify myself as a friendly when they start "liberating" the area I am operating in.

That's my theory.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mobby_6kl posted:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/romania-unveils-plan-to-buy-f-35s

Goood. They have 17 F-16s now so I guess the fleet would be pretty small but probably bigger than russia's 5th-gen lol.

Russia's "5 Gen fighter" is the equivalent of a boomer buying the Ferrari body kit for his Pontiac Fiero.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1647478929777901568

Definitely something brewing. Hopefully they've got a good plan for the counterattack.

Hopefully it's something along the lines of, "riding a truck through hundreds of kms of abandoned Ukrainian territory because HIMARS, Leopards, Bradley's, and a host of other western armoured assets sent what remains of the Russian army on a full sprint to the border."

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

noam can chomk on my dick

noamsayin'

A Tshirt isn't enough to do this justice. Maybe a bronze plaque or carved into the side of a mountain?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Gejnor posted:

This has to be because they sincerely believe they can never actually really lose to Ukraine right?

"How could these mere untermenschen (insert the K word slur they use instead here if you want to be more accurate) possibly beat us? We won't lose, so let us waste tactical ammunition to commit warcrimes, which of course we do not see as warcrimes at all."

loving savages, demented fuckers.

Their PGMs are at best 2/3rds their name on a good day. There was an article outlining some of the intelligence bottlenecks and delays due to red tape/inefficiency in the Russian command structure. Time from identifying a target to launching a missile could be up to a few days, so artillery, vehicles and even depos/command posts were moving too fast/often to hit (when they actually knew where they were).

Their missiles are too inaccurate and slow to arrive to affect the situation tactically, and they don't have enough or the precision to affect the situation strategically.

All they can do is warcrime.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
My theory is that the drone attack was actually an assassination attempt on Putin. You see that giant dome is actually a storage tank for Putin's horse smoothies, and the guy seen climbing up to the top was Putin himself going to the faucet for a midnight snack.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Coworker mentioned today that NATO weapons being used in Russia is going to be just like 9/11, and Russia's going to retaliate. My reply was that the US was able to retaliate conventionally because they have the military and money to project power for upwards of 20 years. Russia has nearly spent themselves into oblivion trying to "project power" against a smaller nation right on their border. He mentioned the nuclear option Russia has, and my take was that opening that bottle would be the end. They either go all out and commit suicide or they try it on a tactical level and NATO just destroys them conventionally. No nukes needed.

Confirm/Deny?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mobby_6kl posted:

Is your coworker Glenn Greenwald?

He name-dropped Glenn, and that other US boomer-brained guy who was at one time respected.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Biden's Lambda Class shuttle spun in over the sea of Japan. There were no survivors.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Toxic Mental posted:

China, which is communist, is my friend. America must lose, because they are capitalist. It just makes sense.

I've known a few.

<lives off of parents' income>
<eats exclusively US junk/fast food>
<has never left home province/state>
<can't imagine living without 1st world conviences>
<super-hates his father>
<blames "the west" for not having a girlfriend>

Literally every tankie I knew in real life.

Three of them were cured by travelling to another country. Nobody cared about their US hate, they shut up long enough for a girl to talk to them, and the instant they went on a date, were cured. The joke being that getting laid cures tankies, but I think it's a symptom of being alone, which is a catch 22. Because who wants to be around a tankie?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Drone_Fragger posted:

Look out! Putins gonna to really poo poo his pants over this one!!

So this is what the RT talking heads meant by, "holding back". All his previous poo poo's were him showing restraint.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

HonorableTB posted:

I didn't say it was preventing it. I said the opposite actually. I said the US wasn't getting that regardless but that it enables Europeans to have those things because they can spend the money on that instead of defense because of American defense subsidies.

I don't think that they can spend money on healthcare because they were skimping on their militaries, it's just that the US will never spend money on proper healthcare. The US spends more on their health -grifting system and has a big military, and the two are unrelated, just as European nations were skimping on their militaries and had proper healthcare and the two were unrelated.

It's just political rhetoric saying you can have one or the other. I think it's more accurate to say that nations that want massive military spending are more likely to not want to spend on proper healthcare.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Is RFK Jr. a republican plant to siphon votes away from a less insane democrat?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Putin is a huge piece of poo poo.

Putin holds the record for the human containing the most poo poo and horse semen (simultaneously). Easily stripping Kenneth Pinyan of the title, and finally bringing the trophy back to Russia.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Willo567 posted:

Have we actually seen any indications that Ukraine is preparing a mass scale attack on Moscow, or is it just speculative for now?

My friend at Langley said that Ukraine might try something that could potentially result in a Russian nuclear response. It did involve Moscow and many drones...

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Round two is "Hunter Shock".

(Hunter Biden in BioShock gear)

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

zone posted:

es bleiben in Raum, Shoigu, Gerasimov, Patrushev, und Mishustin

Shoigu: "The enemy has broken through in the southern front."

Putin: "Lukashenko's assault will bring it under control."

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

HonorableTB posted:

now now,. thats an entry level hilldawg. in accordance with our strong and established neolib principles GABA must work their way up the posting org chart and bootstrap themselves to a means-tested 10 fingered hillary

I know what you are talking about, but I think we need thread rules about these two words being in such close proximity to each other.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The Locator posted:

While I guess it's possible that they would scrounge up some of these and try to deploy them in Ukraine, I have my doubts if for no other reason than they changed the main gun caliber when the T-54 was introduced so there probably isn't a whole lot of 122mm ammunition laying around to use in these things.

picturing some Russian soldiers being sent to a long abandoned storage facility with a metal detector to try and find ammo for them.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Karate Bastard posted:

Does it have to be Russian nukes? Can we not nuke Elon's ball sack with US nukes?

Drop his balls in the demon core and slap the top on so it goes critical.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I really don't know where Russia goes from this point. And I've said that a few times, I didn't know it feels like I'm at a breath saying it but the war is not getting any better for them. I mean Putin just openly admitted that the war is loving crippling their economy. I mean I don't know that there's any way that they can just kind of call it good other than abandoning the donbass in its entirety.

If I were Putin, I'd abandon all occupied territory and fall back to Crimea. Fortify the poo poo out of it, and put every free SAM along its coast, and hope that Western support wanes, and people start telling Ukraine to just forget about Crimea and sign something. Then declare victory and have a fatal poop related fall.

What I think Putin will do is bleed his military dry and Ukraine will take Crimea at a heavy cost instead of an abhorrent cost.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Budzilla posted:

Putin annexed several oblasts last year into Russia proper. If he abandons them he is basically seceding Russian territory and that would be a bad look, to say the least.

I was roleplaying a more reasonable Putin. There's no way they're holding on to those oblasts.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

fatherboxx posted:

When you think of yourself as Snake from Escape from LA but actually you are more like Steve-O trying to ignite farts underwater

Steve-O's voice coincidentally enough sounds exactly like a switching station burning out due to an emp strike.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Imagine the Russian equipment as a bowl of water that is constantly being filled.

But you keep drilling holes in it.

Eventually the water coming from the holes will be so much that the flow of water out of the bowl causes the water level to go down instead of maintain.

We are juuuuust about at the "the holes are larger than the spigot", point.

To clarify, destroying 50 arty pieces today might be 4% of Russia's units in Ukraine. 5 months ago those same 50 units might have been only 2%, and a year ago maybe only 0.25%. Like mentioned above, the more units that are destroyed (at the same numbers) are now accounting for a higher percentage of what's left.

So those 50 units in a few more months might be 10% of what Russia has fielded in Ukraine at that point in time.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

We should also talk about the fact that Russia lost a thousand troops today. Which is the most in like 3 months.

Russia seems to be a bit slow to pull their hand off the stove. If other hot messes are any indication they're not going to let up until other sectors are bleed dry. They might have been able to gently caress a local hornet's nest well past the 50th sting earlier in the war, but every source that's been posted here and other places seems to indicate that manpower and equipment is getting precarious.

I'm imagining that the Kremlin's got a very similar vibe to the Fuhrer Bunker in 1944/45, where remnants of units are being flung into the meat grinder because the boss needs a win, and nobody is going to tell him it's a bad idea. By summer Putin might be hoping that Steiner Yuri is going to tip the balance.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

jaete posted:

I went to the USA once and I mean... the tip of, you know, my dick, was like 2 mm from the goddamn water when I was sitting down. It was incredibly uncomfortable! Not to mention the splashes of poo poo water on my buttocks as well, it was like a mini-storm

Was able to drop my putins fine in the end but gently caress me, I don't know what the designers of those toilet bowls were thinking

The toilets I installed in my home have adjustable water levels. Nothing worse that getting a wet tip in the morning.

If you want to go down a frightening rabbit hole, Google "fat people toilets", which is a thing in the US.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

gay picnic defence posted:

There's probably a lot of work going into jammers given the high level of reliance on GPS guided munitions. The logical response would be some really modern, high end inertial guidance (as opposed to the 1980s tech in the pre-GPS ATACMS varients) that supplements the GPS, or maybe acts as a baseline so the missile can tell if it is being jammed and make corrections.

New jamming technology relies on creating fake road signs and landmarks so the missile doesn't know where it isn't.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Strategic Tea posted:

The assassination of Vladimir Putin by the coward Hunter Biden

Hunter uses "cocaine". It's super effective.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

Still scratching my head about the concept of a my little pony mod for a war game.

It's so people can empathize more.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

FMguru posted:

"The Canadians heard us making fun of them, and got all hosed up on hockey" is such a wonderful sentence. Kate Beaton is a treasure.

Wasn't she basically run out of here by creepy goons? Or was that a GBS myth?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Sashimi posted:

LBJ would have approved.

Would have complained that "jumbo" wasn't to scale.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok here is my nightmare:

We are really doing the best we can, and this is what it amounts to.

That is literally the same nightmare scenario I'm sure the russians see, given their media and biases.

I'm sure we could do better, as I'm sure the russians also think, given their media and biases.

Dear god

I think the Navy is in the process of retiring a few thousand Tomahawk cruise missiles. The Air Force probably has something similar they're getting rid of. The Army has literal thousands of tanks they don't want and can't use.

I'm repeating, but we're not even giving Ukraine the "good" scraps.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

naem posted:

can we please just give Ukraine enough to stuff to win and end this war already

let’s just get it done for fucks sake we need to stop dragging our feet on aid

The US navy has thousands of cruise missiles that they are retiring. A ground launched system could be rigged up within months if the will was there. The skies could look like a Japanese cartoon with their contrails streaking to Russian targets in Ukraine.

Every known Russian SAM, airbase, HQ, artillery battery, marshalling yard, depot, and strong point could be obliterated inside a week. Those bridges could be taken out, and the naval base in Crimea flattened. But decorum and republican contrarianism are making sure Ukraine suffering is going to last for years.

Assuming that the tap isn't turned off next election.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Anyone have a rough ratio of Russian vs. Ukrainian gains currently? By the sounds of things it would appear that Russia is once again ahead, but what they're taking seems to be what Ukraine is willing to cede for massive piles of Russian dead. Ukraine on the other hand seems to be taking property that might be useful for future offensives.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Tai posted:

Terriotorial gains, Russia is up. Not really sure you can call it up though as it's a few square KM over the last month for an insane amount of tank/IFV losses. Probably been one of the worst 4 weeks for Russian losses since the start of the war.

That's what I figured. I have a co-worker who's a little on the alt-news side of things, but he's also the only person who has any sort of interest in the topic. His take is that Ukraine has essentially run out of gas and that from now on it's going to be Russia pushing ahead. I countered that Ukraine is ceding territory to avoid taking massive losses themselves while allowing Russia to waste troops and material. The point being is that Ukraine is not pulling a "not one step back" and is instead allowing Russia to throw more meat into the grinder so that they can exploit that at a later date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Agreed. Also, the production model was going to look very different