Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I am here for IndyCar.

I should probably go back to RA this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Good strategy race and Indy being hesitant to throw the flags.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ScooterMcTiny posted:

I’m going to try and ~ just post ~ more this year. The race yesterday was boring. Why was it on a Saturday? Give them an extra day for 500 quals?

It's been on Saturday since the start (except for 2020). I think it's more so they have more time to get the track set up for Monday as opposed to being rushed post race to switch it over.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stopping in to say LOL RAHAL

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Indycar 2023: "Cummin and Poppin and Lookin"

Mods?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

holy poo poo :stonk:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That tire launched into orbit. That was loving bizarre how that happened, but hopefully it'll lead to a review of the tethers.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kammat posted:

That has to be a hell of an insurance claim to file. "Bombed by tire at Indy"

The only saving grace is "it was on camera".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

As much as I hated how it happened, I can jive with a JNew win.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, I can NOT hate that celebration at all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

99 times out of 100, those tethers do the job.

Completely lucky that that 100th time that the flying wheel only hit a car. I'm sure they're gonna review the whole system, but the way Kirkwood hit the front wing of Rosenqvist's and the speed combined was probably the biggest factor. I mean, given how the tires would stay attached in a more traditional smack into the wall, I don't really anticipate much of a change if any to them.

It's a testament and a half to the safety improvements that Kyle walked away from that wreck, as well as Stefan being able to walk after as well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It goes to show how sturdy those cars are.

I was totally expecting the camera to be destroyed.

Still :magical:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sashimi posted:

That was some Gilles Villeneuve stuff from Palou, finishing on the podium with a hosed up front wing.

Dude can drive, holy poo poo. His points lead is nuts.

Also the fact Dixon is in second with no wins is also a treatment to his ability as well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wonder how big of a fine Robb's crew is getting, that is inexcusable.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CodFishBalls posted:

This weekend, we should get more news about the changing 2024 schedule.

Major changes

-Laguna moved up to be between St.Pete and Texas, filling in the month gap we previously had.

-Nashville getting reconfigured, but still using the comedy bridge. Also, season finale.This will go splendid I'm sure

-Second Indy GP race dropped. Either going to be replaced with Milwaukee, or Milwaukee will come back in the old Nashville date (this weekend). Race CANNOT be during the state fair, so that limits it to later in August. (2024 State Fair is 1st to 11th it seems?)
-NASCAR related, yee haw, they're going back to the Brickyard 400 which totally won't be bad.

-International Race/Argentina, might be non-points post season (think 2008 Surfers Paradise), then a points race for 2025.

Would expect the dominoes to start falling once Nashville announces the flipping around.

As it stands right now, NASCAR has a truck date for the last weekend in August in Milwaukee, so I can see them splitting that. Would also spread it from RA enough.

Also right now that weekend is the Gateway race, so who knows what will happen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Linus Lindqvist is gonna be someone to watch, holy poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That graphic they showed of results through 62 starts was super loving telling. With maybe the exception of Michael Andretti, those are names you want to be mentioned with.

Holy poo poo Palou is insane.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

Michael Andretti was one of the best drivers CART produced.

Fair enough.

Furious George posted:

ok but his F1 season was Stroll-worthy so I don't know if that says much

The issue with F1 is really which team you manage to land on. SeaBass landed with Red Bull, great. He landed next to Vettel. Not so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Double header in Milwaukee?

:getin: