Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Only just noticed this exists.

Indycar had its leaders crash into each other before Sebring made it fashionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't think he was, he was shown first at that point.

But obviously he was nowhere near on pace and owed everyone a pitstop so it would never have actually worked.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

As much as anything they were probably just hoping to get some good sponsor shots and the pit release for the other was just a gently caress up.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Is the other Indy road course race also on a Sunday, because I thought it was about not racing on the Sunday because that keeps it a step down from the 500.

Sounds like the same stupid reasoning that makes Silverstone not use the good grandstands for non-F1 events.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Your cars are 4 of the last 5 and the only one guaranteed a start in the race is the 40 something Brit who hasn't run the race in a decade.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Look on the bright side, if they need a spare car for Katherine I know where they can find one...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wilson medically out of the race.

Presumably while Rahal's car is out he could in theory take a drive in Wilson's ride if offered. Legge doing her teammate a solid there if so.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Theris posted:

It's very likely he could not accept a seat from a Chevy team, even if the team was inclined to offer it to him. Expect JR Hildebrand.

Turns out apparently less likely than you thought but I hadn't even considered this and it's a drat good point.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

bennyfactor posted:

The only positive I can think of about it is, you know, AJ himself has had a rough year and hopefully that outcome puts some cheer back in him. Wish it were literally anyone else in the 14 car though.

Yeah I'd have been outright cheering for them to win otherwise.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And yet he has their best finish of the year and isn't exactly a million miles behind Veekay.

It kinda feels there's something else here, especially if they keep his personal sponsor...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sleeping with Ed's wife?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1st, 4th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd.

That's the kind of record that would have Lewis Hamilton claiming his domination is ruining the sport.

I do also love that Big John has two 2nd places and zero (0) other top 10s.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Getting the teams to spend money going abroad to where their sponsors aren't is risky. Does a Foyt or Coyne have that kind of spare.... coin.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, that'll do it. At least for a non-points race you could probably run a local too. For a points race that's harder.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

bennyfactor posted:

Was a fun race to watch in person. Got to see the Garage 56 Le Mans car on display too. Also an extremely drunk guy fell down the stairs of the pedestrian bridge over Hullman blvd on his way to the Nascar event tonight, 10/10 no notes.

Either they've done up some showcars or they've been moving the 2 real Garage 56 cars around a lot, both were at Goodwood last month.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iospace posted:

Fair enough.

The issue with F1 is really which team you manage to land on. SeaBass landed with Red Bull, great. He landed next to Vettel. Not so great.

Yeah to be fair to Michael, the car he scored points 3 times in only won 5 races that year. He never really had a chance.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Difficult to know, he got beaten by Santino Ferrucci in F3 so it probably doesn't matter the 13 other people that finished ahead of him in that championship, including Leclerc, Albon and de Vries.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yes but according to everyone who has watched Marco Andretti.

quote:

He's a garbageman

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Squiggle posted:

"proud of the successes"

What successes?

More podiums this season than future F1 superstar Colton Herta to be fair.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's a trade down, so I assume he's bringing money.

Should get the fire extinguisher company who seemed to back every bad driver for ages.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Isn't Large John still the last guy to cop a race ban in F1 for driving standards?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm not sure what possible context there is beyond what's already provided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

IOwnCalculus posted:

"It was the hybrids, honest" reeks a bit too much of "my dog ate my homework". Because that doesn't explain why both Scott and Josef used it, since they shouldn't have expected anything to happen.

Pruett's article removes just about all doubt in my mind about it being intentional. I just don't get how the series was so blind as to miss it.

Although Will, with the same software, did not.