Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oof, that was very nearly ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gonna be hard for Hiromu to defend the belt after that decapitation

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Goddamit yoh you useless gently caress

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

All the lower card matches are done, it's time for BIG MATCH YUJ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was hoping that the return to cheering crowds would generate enough money that Pieter could afford some pants, but alas... :sigh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good on you Pieter, making history

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Those happy squeals!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
He's pretty over with kids this fellow

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yuj calmly and methodically strips his opponent

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Nothing will remind you of pandemic crowds more than a Yujiro Takahashi match" :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Shooter just clobbered him in 5 minutes and won it would be the absolute best use of Big Yuj

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I liked that, it was good. Shota kept the crowd way more than he did last time

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Thankfully shota got past yuj

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay, now remove Yujiro from the G1!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh. Okay.

Edit: Gedo goddammit you had a perfectly good Perfect Son and now look at you! LOOK AT YOU!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well I guess that answers that

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will be okay with this as long as Finlay doesn't go the EVIL/SHO route of immediately getting a lot worse at wrestling

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I don't like this for finlays character lol

I don't even mind him in bullet club but he shouldn't be with gedo. A gedo wrestler is supposed to be the hand picked golden guy because the fans understand the meta booking

Wasn't his whole complaint that he wasn't a wrestler a gedo would pick. How is he a rebel with gedo ???

Gedo should vanish and return with a uemura or something not be weakening finlay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"You're so strong!"

Accurate!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I don't even mind him in bullet club but he shouldn't be with gedo. A gedo wrestler is supposed to be the hand picked golden guy because the fans understand the meta booking

Wasn't his whole complaint that he wasn't a wrestler a gedo would pick. How is he a rebel with gedo ???

Gedo should vanish and return with a uemura or something not be weakening finlay

Actually legit hoping Ishii beats him, and he and Gedo blame each other and the whole thing self-destructs just so they can do something different.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah I definitely would have liked it a lot better if he were a wandering shithead without a crew, a rebel in direct defiance of New Japan's stable-heavy booking. Can only hope this is one of the promised twists in the BC Civil war, with a cohort led by Kenta or ELP saying "who the gently caress is this guy Gedo? You want us to work with him just because you brought him in" and their being a couple of guys more loyal to Gedo than the idea of 'Bullet Club'

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a gnarly Blue Thunder Bomb

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

POUNCEEEEE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, Ishii is so awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

up for last matches. we all saw this coming but when did finolay join bullet club? i assumed he was going to officially turn in one of the later dates since he was booked with hontai all tour

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Second best spear I've seen today behind Ricky Starks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

up for last matches. we all saw this coming but when did finolay join bullet club? i assumed he was going to officially turn in one of the later dates since he was booked with hontai all tour

We all (crowd included) found out when the BC music logo came up on his entrance to this match and he came out with Gedo!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thauros posted:

When his entrance video said Rebel Club and he came out with Gedo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

finlay needed a change and a heel turn could do him wonders. but yes, in addition to this it's just "hey here's another white guy with long brown hair and a beard playing a slight variation on the same sleazeball heel gimmick in bc". they need some new unit concepts, just four guys has been been even if it's just half of suzuki-gun and they're not getting pushed so far

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

loving hell, an Osaka Street Cutter :stare:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ishii is pulling out all the stops to make Dave's redebut a sucess

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ishii.....

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

I will be okay with this as long as Finlay doesn't go the EVIL/SHO route of immediately getting a lot worse at wrestling

phew, glad these fears were assuaged. That was rad, and it wasn't all on Tom

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"This guy's a rebel, that's why I - head booker of the biggest wrestling promotion in Japan - am working hand-in-hand with him!"

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Great match but him looking so blatantly like Jay is very strange indeed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

And his entrance theme keeps yelling Switchblade at me

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1632645890770087937

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah it just makes it come off not as "here's a new dangerous heel" but "uh who can we throw in there". they need to get some new unit concepts without kidani getting pissed at lack of merchandising rights and/or contracts depending on which version you want to believe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okada: Oh hang, now I remember, they're my beloved friends who I adore...... I am going to take everything from them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Time for Okada to put Goto & Yoshi Hashi in their place.