Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m so cool I don’t even know who that person is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Artie Lange was on the Howard Stern show for years, a stand up comedian, actor, wrote multiple books including a NY Times #1 best seller.

He is way more famous than you’re making him out to be just because you don’t know who he is.

And I’m fairly certain he is a party legend for all the wrong reasons .

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023
as a fan of CKY back in the day i hope bam can actually overcome his addictions for the sake of his kids, my dad is in a care home from alcohol dementia and it hurts me to see him suffering

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Lmao Bam’s tour has just been cancelled

just like that brexit might be on the up and up

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I would say Bam and Artie are about equally famous but with different age groups/demographics.

Artie has been through even worse poo poo than bam and it’s impressive he is still alive. And sober at that, iirc.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m so cool I don’t even know who that person is.

I dont even know who nirvana or thr beatles is im so cool. Sry. R u mad??

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Saying Artie Lange is not a party legend is just wild.

When he was on MadTV, Nicole Sullivan lent him her car and he scratched up all her CDs doing coke off them, presumably while wearing a pig suit.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm noticing a trend where you draw conclusions about people you admit to knowing nothing about but fwiw

he did so much cocaine the cartilage in his nose disintegrated entirely and he looks like this now

It wasn’t even the coke that did that to his nose. He got that from snorting heroin.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Artie also eventually learned how not to be a petulant rear end in a top hat.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I just found out that a coworker of mine grew up in the same hometown as me, just fourteen years later. I mentioned that Bam was from there too and they looked at me confused like “who the gently caress is that?”

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Considering his last Instagram post was him getting on the plane, wonder if Bam got so hosed up during the trip Immigration took one look at him and said lol nope

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
artie was a great howard stern cohost

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
MadTV and Howard Stern are super US-centric entertainment icons so don't be surprised people don't know Lange

It's like us Australians saying that Lee Lin Chin is a fashion icon and fffUCK YOU FOR NOT KNOWING THAT, IDIOT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Don't forget the critically acclaimed Norm Macdonald movie, Dirty Work costarring Artie Lange.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Or the massive box office hit Beer League.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lt. Cock posted:

I just found out that a coworker of mine grew up in the same hometown as me, just fourteen years later. I mentioned that Bam was from there too and they looked at me confused like “who the gently caress is that?”

202 buddy

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Internet Old One posted:

If you told me random people don't offer drugs to Snoop Dogg I'd be pretty surprised.

Why would people offer drugs to Snoop? If anything, they should be asking to bum a blunt off of him instead.

Ralph Hurley posted:

It wasn’t even the coke that did that to his nose. He got that from snorting heroin.

Well, if his story is accurate, then technically he got that from snorting glass.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

I, Butthole posted:

MadTV and Howard Stern are super US-centric entertainment icons so don't be surprised people don't know Lange

It's like us Australians saying that Lee Lin Chin is a fashion icon and fffUCK YOU FOR NOT KNOWING THAT, IDIOT

I don’t care so much about the not knowing who Artie Lange is, it’s the being smug about how he must be a nobody because OP wasnt aware of them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Why would people offer drugs to Snoop? If anything, they should be asking to bum a blunt off of him instead.

lol this reminds me of the Mojang story

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I, Butthole posted:

But the USA is more important than everyone else. :confused:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don't forget the critically acclaimed Norm Macdonald movie, Dirty Work costarring Artie Lange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G_Jf3vGPK8

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
bam looks like when he falls off his skateboard it makes that Sonic sound and rings go flying out of him

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Artie is in Elf and Old School, surely they have those movies abroad!

(Please don’t look up the roles)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

I, Butthole posted:

Yeah I was sitting here like oh no, idk who Artie Lange is either :ohdear:

I know who bam margera is so I have that going for me. I actually used to do youth work in Australia, and this thread reminds me I had a 15 year old client who was obsessed with bam margera

I hope she has better taste now!!

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 24, 2024

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

MAD TV was hilarious

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Poohs Packin posted:

MAD TV was hilarious

MAD TV was better than SNL

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They werent constrained by the woke mind virus

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

*Mike Meyers does yellowface, again*

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

TK8325 posted:

MAD TV was better than SNL

Yes, and its really stupid that if you get picked by SNL and absolutely bomb in it, you still get at least one movie and sitcom deals until eternity out of it. Even if you did great in MAD TV you get only in bit parts in support cast and do voice acting until eternity.

Bam's tour got cancelled because the only interesting part of it would be to see how messed up the guy is this time and how badly it bombs. Bam overperformed and got the tour cancelled even before the first show.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Archer666 posted:

Considering his last Instagram post was him getting on the plane, wonder if Bam got so hosed up during the trip Immigration took one look at him and said lol nope

Or he's just loose in Scotland now. Bam, rewilding in the Trossachs. Nature is healing

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Peanut Butter posted:

Or he's just loose in Scotland now. Bam, rewilding in the Trossachs. Nature is healing

Don't celebrate an invasive species settling. Recapture and return it to its native woods.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

some article posted:

Bam’s team has said the man in the video with whom Bam was fighting was the aggressor.
Bam said in a statement about the incident: “I’m not going to be threatened or attacked without defending myself and my friends or people trying to just walk by this idiot, I aimed only to neutralise the threat and ensure the safety of my crew.”

Lol ok

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Bam only thinks about one thing and that's Bam

Okay maybe there is another thing Bam thinks about

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Chewbecca posted:

Bam only thinks about one thing and that's Bam

Okay maybe there is another thing Bam thinks about

Neutralizing threats and ensuring the safety of his crew of course.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Bam gave him an ocular pat down and deemed he was a threat

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

TK8325 posted:

Bam gave him an ocular pat down and deemed he was a threat

Soon we will have a Fat Bam Arc....oh wait

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Soon we will have a Fat Bam Arc....oh wait

Sadly, bam doesn't have the discipline to do the consequent unhealthy body build regime. Neither will he ever learn to dance.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Bam would look dope af in a duster

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Is Ville Valo his Dennis Reynolds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MrQwerty posted:

*Mike Meyers does yellowface, again*

I see you and raise you Alex Borstein as Ms. Kwan Swan.