Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Talorat posted:

Just started playing this game on game pass and it's really fun so far. Can someone tell me what exactly the various towers "activating their defenses" actually does? I've had to let the timer expire a few times and it's unclear to me what it actually changes.

I never quite figured this out either, I had multiple of those missions where it running out didn't seem to do anything and then much later in the game I let it expire and all my characters got stress broken at once which is a lot worse than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Maybe it’s random? Sometimes nothing happens, one time I had a bunch of mooks appear out of nowhere next to the tower.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Ahhhhg! This game just crashed twice on me, both when I was about to win a very intense fight that I've been struggling with. Why!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Kind of seems like Paradox is a kiss of death to work for.

I mean Triumph seems to be doing well with them
Unless Gerblyn knows otherwise

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Finally finished this game (had to finish it out on PC). Ending was a little underwhelming but the game itself was excellent and I really enjoyed it. I agree with whomever said that the game gets so overwhelming by the end that you need to use kinda exploity tactics to beat it. My version of this was putting The Leach on Eddie, and the relic that lets you get AP whenever you get health. He consistently hit a fuckload of enemies every turn, put bleed on all of them and got himself two extra actions, so he was effectively working with 4AP the whole game, not to mention extra AP from his own abilities on some crits. One interesting thing about this game is that abilities that trigger when attacking an enemy with a debuff also apply when you are applying that debuff, so for example putting a +Blind weapon mod on Leteef, means he will get an evade stack for attacking a blinded enemy on every single attack.