Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
explosive mine does do destruction, people use them as worse breach charges by shooting their own mines

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

the heavy grenade launcher does some destruction iirc

yeah the medium one does too, it just takes even longer than the heavy's

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i had no time to ever use mines in that way though because i was too busy strapping them to gas canisters because that is the funnest trick in the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

every explosive does a small amount of building damage. like i said buildings/walls just have 'hp,' a single frag isnt gonna destroy a wall on its own. if a walls already been hit with a rocket launcher and its fallen apart a grenade will make it crumble a bit more

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Ah that might explain it. I would always test gadgets against walls and a single one would never do anything in its own .

Though I did use two full clips on the grenade launcher on a wall and it did nothing...

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I really enjoyed this, and I only won one tournament. Had nobody to play with but the randoms were usually ok and occasionally wonderful. In most games it felt like I was in it the whole time, and that smarts and decent gamesense could beat the facerolling guy with the cracked aim. Really good game, tons of potential here.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
I played this for one evening. Feels pretty good, looking forward to it.

But Embark Studios has a second game coming soon, "Arc Raiders". I don't know how to feel about a studio which has only two titles (according to Steam), both of which are "coming soon".

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i miss the finals :'(

https://twitter.com/reachthefinals/status/1724524420239069376
at least the bad AI can keep me company when i watch this highlight reel 😭

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I will die on the hill that the AI voices are actually pretty alright. Not speaking to the ethical side of it at all but hopefully it opens up a future for the game where the AI can get incredibly specific in terms of describing in game actions.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Ah. I rather regret missing this beta from the looks of it. Any idea if there'll be another one?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Ah. I rather regret missing this beta from the looks of it. Any idea if there'll be another one?

Probably not but the game's supposed to release sometime this year

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I want to play The Finals! Give it to me!

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
My wife and I are absolutely hanging to play again after the beta. It was such the perfect game for us to play together. It wasn't perfect, but it was so drat fun.

Looks like it'll release late December. Hopefully we'll get a nice Christmas present.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I really wish they could have kept the open beta going, especially what with this year's Call of Duty being poorly received. It would have been some pretty nice timing to have this available as a substitute!

I'm sure The Finals will do just fine when it does release, but it'd be nice to have that as an option while the new CoD is hot off the presses y'know.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
people in the finals reddit are posting screenshots of the game getting an update on their consoles. what could it meaaannn

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so probably a game awards release then

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
God I hope so. I'm very excited to play this again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'd like to play this with friends, the beta seemed neat but chaotic because of pubs. And I couldn't explain to my friends what the game was in a sufficiently exciting manner to get them to install a beta. Hopefully it gets some publicity so they actually know what it is!

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Seems like launch is imminent...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
today is going to be a good day~ going to get to see my friend geoff and then get to play the finals immediately afterwards

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

the promise has been made

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

today is going to be a good day~ going to get to see my friend geoff and then get to play the finals immediately afterwards

Can’t wait brother :cheers:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1732795757454041345

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Data miners have also found a korean ad for the game which states "Play now" and is set to be displayed on twitch today. So yup, we gettin the finals boys!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This and a Tribes playtest? My lord

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i love this stupid dork

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its out

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:sureboat:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New map too (Vegas)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

New map too (Vegas)

cna you destroy the sphere?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I don't think they were expecting this many people to boot up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Not even going to try this tonight, I'll be happy if I can play tomorrow night.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Looks like servers are stable.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tried out a match and everyone except one team and myself left

Vegas looked fun to play

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

game's still fun, voices are still ai, quick cash has a pretty bad leaver/disconnect problem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im also randomly getting kicked from the server lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

a cool high ttk fps game w/o RAA?! :monocle:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
What is raa?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I had never heard of this. I stumbled into seeing someone I trust online saying it's good, so I gave it a crack.

So we're trying to steal a cashout, yeah? Dude on my team who's full of cosmetics (read: has played before, knows what's up) leads us into a big building BELOW the cashout. Starts pinging the ceiling.

Since I was clueless and just doing what he wanted, I fired my RPG at the ceiling above.

Cashout falls to the floor, along with enemy team near dead. We wipe 'em and steal the cashout.

And if you're new and wondering what weapon is fun to spam, I bought the grenade launcher for heavy. It's awesome to be able to spam grenades all over a bunch of rubble, in and around where people are taking cover, etc. It allowed me to win a cashout alone. And I don't mean my teammates were dead, I mean they had disconnected!

Anyway game is super fun.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Kwolok posted:

What is raa?
rotational aim assist like in apex/cod

it looks like they're trying something different for attempting input parity which is refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite weapon is flamethrower, if you get a half decent flank people just die instantly.