Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
people in the finals reddit are posting screenshots of the game getting an update on their consoles. what could it meaaannn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1732795757454041345

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

this poo poo is so good it ain't even funny

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

there's an item for like 1150 store that gives you skins and stuff but also gives you back the same amount of multi bucks that it cost

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

does it only happen in tournament? i would guess

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

yeah matchmaking was having trouble last night. hopefully it's cleared up by now. last friday was having trouble too

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

only three thousand channels for all thirty members of the discord. can whoever is in charge of it please add more channels

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

poor battlefield

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

i got four skins at once on my akm at the at moment

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

accidentally read that as eight hand grenades at first

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

DarkDobe posted:

Ill be honest I don't know how many frags it takes to break walls.
The Medium pipe launcher takes 8
The Heavy 6-shot launcher takes 2 or 3 I think? Id have to test but it breaks walls far more easily than the medium's China Lake.

seems like it varies a lot with the hand grenade. two or three will do it i think. one for floors and sometimes two? who knows

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

it's friday, time for the servers to not work

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

that's right

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

doesn't seem like many people are aware of it but defibrillator revives with half health, regular revive revives with full health. seems like it happens pretty often that i get revived by someone carrying defibrillator and healing beam and they just go running off instead of healing me to full first

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Kwolok posted:

Game was fun. But now its just the Medium/Heavy show with mines and gas loving everywhere and I can't really give a poo poo. I don't want to have to take fire every game, or whatever. Giving players two mines (on top of being able to take multiple mines per loadout meaning in some cases 6 mines) was such a dumb choice.

Just too many frustrating balance choices. Hopefully they can sort it out next season or whatever.

what a newbie

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Kwolok posted:

I doubt they'll do anything. Console is there cash cow and console players don't want to be made aware of how bad they are at shooters without assistance

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

evidently there's a bug in this patch that hosed up the bloom and recoil patterns for some guns and also you can't queue with a group right now. how long until we get an embark version of :dice:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

everyone is playing bad games instead. as usual

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

very nice

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

I'd never even noticed the invulnerability so I'm curious to see how it might feel different now

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

GoldStandardConure posted:

Heavy fires a grappling hook at the wall of a building, and just pulls the loving wall down rather than flying through the air.

hahahahah

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

oh does tournament look different now? i haven't gotten to try the new patch yet. also haven't heard anyone else mention that

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

game is fun as gently caress. the season 2 soundtrack is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

wish they'd change ranked mode back to how it worked before. they previously showed you how many points you got (or lost) after a tournament and how many you needed until the next rank up. now there's zero indication of any of that. game is still super fun but ranked working this way is kind of discouraging