Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Had fun playing this, very cool they had millions of players and it all seemed to work pretty well. Hope they announce a release date soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I want to play The Finals! Give it to me!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

today is going to be a good day~ going to get to see my friend geoff and then get to play the finals immediately afterwards

Can’t wait brother :cheers:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:sureboat:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

New map too (Vegas)

cna you destroy the sphere?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ive been trying the turret for quick cash and it would be a lot more useful if it was ready instantly

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

If you have some defensive tools it's possible to fort up hard enough to gain a huge defensive advantage. All you have to do is be hard enough to attack that the other teams dick each other over

You also don't need to defend the box itself so long as you can reach it in a pinch.

my experience has been if we get the box into the cashout and have some time to set up with extra walls, turrets, sonar grenades etc. we can get juuuust enough of a defensive advantage that it takes until the last 10 seconds to finally wipe us and steal the cashout

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

anyone know what counts as carriable damage for the weekly? I assumed it was anything you pick up in the level but damage from a green gas canister didn't register, so I think it's just the red explosive tanks

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

you can put a breaching charge on a canister then carry it with you for a airburst rocket launcher

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Triggs posted:

Quoting this so folks have one place to go to. I'm tired of getting stomped by 3-mans in casual so I'm more than ready to team up. There is absolutely SBMM in this game and I went basically the whole night only getting one win.

can the op edit this into the first post? or pick one of the existing discords to put in there

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

yeah that is the other issue with RAA, but that's usually considered cheating by most people so people usually don't comment on it.

a lot of people will also get a xim or w/e which you can buy at wal-mart and use hardware instead of software to try to avoid detection. these types of devices are so popular they sell hundreds of thousands and run out of stock.

idk if any company has ever banned people for it.

People have been banned for using those in Destiny, Fortnite, cod, and rainbow 6 siege so there’s definitely precedent

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

It seems like something like XIM would be very easy to detect when the game is registering controller input and the player is performing what can only be considered mouse inputs, but that would require manual checks which lol

I can't really comprehend why someone would do something so incredibly boring but I guess there's cheaters everywhere. Get that hollow validation, lads, in the dark of the night you know you didn't actually do anything interesting.

Xim and similar devices have a vested interest in their users not getting banned so they apply input smoothing and such to avoid detection, it’s a cat and mouse game like more traditional cheating

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Had my best round last night with a charge heavy with the hammer, I may be a convert

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Full destruction heavy is my favorite: Hammer, RPG, C4, Charge.

However it really is less about how well you play and more about is the enemy team stupid, because any good players will just range you to death because they can always out sprint your melee. MELEE HEAVY NEEDS A BUFF!

Oh yeah, the other teams were incredibly stupid, but it still felt great to obliterate a light with one good swing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Really wish there was a server browser or custom game function to make it possible to set up gimmick matches like all hammers, all cloak snipers etc.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

I assume there are no private matches? My friends just want to play just us.

It’s 2023, you’re not allowed to have more than two friends

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

Specifically we're having a LAN with even more than 12 people.

Quake 3 and/or unreal tournament 2k4 are for LAN parties, not this modern crap, and I think you can only buy one of those currently

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

somethings off here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

withoutclass posted:

Body blocking as a heavy is an important skill, is this something mediums/lights try to do too?

blocking with mediums riot shield is pretty effective, I’ve done it