Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I am beginning to take a liking to the mediums grenade launcher. It's pretty terrible in most circumstances, but I have been keeping it in my reserve for those situations where you need to go Full Goblin Mode (like there is 30 seconds left on the clock and you need to either steal a cash out, or cause as much drama as possible), and if you have a good team mate with a gun with you, you can obliterate everyone gathered around a cash box, or a bunch of people have a sword/sledgehammer fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Fried Watermelon posted:

The grenade launcher is not great for breaking walls, it takes a little more than an entire clip to break a wall in my experience. It will work but it's not going to level a place unless people ignore you.

Works well if you bring it out towards the end of an attack on a money box. Walls are usually busted up enough you can punch some holes in them with the grenade launcher.

But outside of that, it's pretty useless at knocking down walls. Just grab a red cylinder for that.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

grenade launchers basically require buy in from your team. they're pretty good overall but you are just so vulnerable to getting 1v1d. your teammates need to be adept at both covering you and picking off targets you've weakened.

I guess it fits with the Medium being support? Attach yourself to a heavy with a Lewis, and keep a heal beam on him occasionally switching to pop grenades and whatever the heavy is shooting?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Defensive jump pads are amazing.

Its a shame that mines won't one-shot a light any more because one of the funniest things I have ever seen was a light not seeing the gas mine and the explosive mine someone had placed on a launch pad, and running right into them. A giant flash of light and a puff of green smoke and the launch pad throws his wee statue to the otherside of the arena. Too bad he was my team mate and now I had now way to res him because god knows where that statue ended up.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
whenever people use the stun gun on me it seems very good, and whenever i use the stun gun it is very bad

so i guess its balanced?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I've only seen one person who was obviously using cheats of some kind, as they racked up 50+ kills in one of the Seoul maps, I got killed by them a few times as they stood on top of the crane and managed to instantly vapourise me through 2 buildings worth of rubble with the AK.

I have bumped into a few players who might be using rewasd or just a controller + AA on PC, as they just had absurdly good aim regardless of all the leaping around and ducking everyone was doing, consistently dropping heavies in less than a second with perfect headshots. They could just be extremely good, I know I have occasionally pulled off some bullshit that has probably caused people to think I'm cheating, or they could be using AA, neither would come as a surprise.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Triggs posted:

Or torching the aggressive, cocky little shits who think rushing a heavy with a flamethrower is a good idea

Some of the most fun I have had in The Finals is playing as a dash-light with the sword and getting into duals with sledgehammer heavies. Its just really great fun trying to dash in and out slashing at the heavy while avoiding the sledgehammer.

Also the most fun is playing as sledgehammer heavy and obliterating lights.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Ospuze has an exclusive contract for drinks-related promotions

Pop lights with a sledge
Pour fire onto mediums with the flamethrower
Perform emojis over the bodies of your enemies

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

dogstile posted:

But make it so if the heavy uses it, its more like a one time burst and he loving obliterates anything he hits.

Heavy fires a grappling hook at the wall of a building, and just pulls the loving wall down rather than flying through the air.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Too Many Birds posted:

pilot the goddamn eva, light.

or Scotty will have to do it again.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Horizon Burning posted:

lights ruin this game

as someone who plays light every now and then, I can confirm

mostly because I am awful so definitely ruin it for my team at least

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i am perplexed by the nuke meta

I haven't had the chance to play for about a week, whats the nuke meta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it's been around since day 1, but it's just people putting c4 on the canisters and launching at people for one shots in a large aoe

ahh ok, I thought maybe it was a new temp thing like the win heavy cosmetics event at the moment.

I honestly haven't seen too many people doing that, I might occasionally slap a gas mine to a fire cannister to try to drop into a crowd. I had someone on my team try the c4 nuke the last time I played, but they had lovely aim and achieved exactly gently caress all doing it. Can't remember the last time I saw it before then.