Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
man battlepass xp is slooooow, no way i'm going to have time to grind that whole thing out every season

game is fun as hell though, it really strikes a good balance between competitive and casual, like even losing can be chaotic fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

Seeing a lot more teams missing players compared to the beta.

this is annoying yeah, i had like three matches in a row where i ended up on a team of two

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

apologies to my teammates for the next 50 matches, i need to grind damage with arena carriables

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

the incentive to being the one to slot the box is it's instant, and you don't have to sit completely vulnerable with a big flashing alarm going off over your head while you try to cap it

the pro strat is to initiate the cashout and then fall back, and then collapse back in on enemy teams as they try to cap it since one of their players will inevitably be laser focused on trying to steal

i think the gamemode fundamentally wouldn't work if you got points for just holding the cashout, the magic sauce to this game is even when you're losing it never feels hopeless, you're only ever one good play away from total victory

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

anyone know what counts as carriable damage for the weekly? I assumed it was anything you pick up in the level but damage from a green gas canister didn't register, so I think it's just the red explosive tanks

i think everything counts but it does seem very inconsistent, it took me ages to chip away at that one and i know for sure i got no credit a couple of matches where i should have

the thing that finally got me over the line was dropping a green canister on a team trying to steal a cashout and that got me 200 points right there

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

widespread posted:

As an aside, I was trying for the Block Damage weekly with Medium's Riot Shield and I think that weekly only counts goo blocks.

i got this one in one round with the heavy's mesh shield

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

explosivo posted:

Is there any way to get coins for free beyond the free paltry amount they send to you when you sign up for an account?

there are some coins on the free track of the battlepass, maybe 300 - 400 total i think?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

if i can get to level 37 before the end of the season i'll be able to afford pants

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's interesting, I can't think of the last time I played an FPS that didn't have some sort of holdout weapon alongside a primary. Even a terrible pistol. Here your secondary weapons are all the gadgets and grenades you have, but it is unusual to think "oh I'm actually out out of bullets til I reload".

it's really tightly balanced for the most part, i found a huge part of my early play was learning how to handle reloads in a way that doesn't get you killed

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

6v6 hammers only

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

this game is begging for a party playlist with a bunch of dumb unbalanced gimmick gamemodes

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

sorry i only play light invis sniper

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i do not understand how to use the hammer, it just seems to lose the dps fight with almost everything

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

explosivo posted:

I've had luck busting through walls near points where people are hiding to catch them offguard with it

yeah but also i can do that with the charge and auto shotgun and kill even faster at more range

I guess it just doesn't fit my playstyle

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

solo queue is fine, you just have to let go of all expectations of little things like "teamwork" "competence" and "winning"

embrace the chaos

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i just found out today if you double tap the ping button it leaves a red warning ping even if there's no enemy there which is very useful when you're trying to point enemy locations when you don't have line of sight

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

the battlefield series got chasing true dynamic destruction and eventually decided it was too difficult and wasn't worth it when all anyone ever wanted was more bad company 2

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

My only real gripe with the game is this inconsistent feeling with some of the damage. Sometimes pipes do less damage to people fighting me than they do to me.
Sometimes the light sawn-off one-shots me as a heavy. Sometimes the auto-shotgun 2 taps people, sometimes it takes 4+ shots to do half their health - hard to say if its weird hit reg or my aim being off but something just feels a LITTLE fucky sometimes.

i thought i was just bad at first but yeah it's definitely a bit inconsistent

playing with the light shotgun is especially noticeable because sometimes it just doesn't do the damage it should and it gets you killed

i assume it's a latency thing?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/reachthefinals/status/1737418932594597933?t=gBNSWiSkwNyT54t7m-0B8Q&s=19
https://twitter.com/reachthefinals/status/1737434810656698800?t=lhGw7l344LNP5EpTE3MrIA&s=19

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Does the cloak device have a cool down between uses? If not add it imo

it doesn't last forever but you can turn it on and off as much as you want as long as there is juice in the tank

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

playing against lobbies full of hackers like goku training at 100x gravity

when the banwave hits i'll be unstoppable

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

does the rpg start out unlocked for heavy? if not definitely grab that asap

also the sa1216 auto shotgun absolutely shreds

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Sab669 posted:

It does! But dang he moves so slow. I mean to be expected, but :(

i felt the same way when i first started playing heavy but then you solo tank an entire team and suddenly it doesn't bother you quite so much

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

the people love nintendo ip theft and until embark realises that this game is dead in the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Patch 1.7.0 is out

It's mostly just buffing XP but they call out nukes and canisters being overpowered and claim they're working on a fix.

Gotta say the responsiveness and speed of how they get patches out is pretty refreshing.