Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, previously dev's on other games have just said "gently caress you, deal with it" so its not a surprise people's faith wasn't high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I just really like the heavies ability to go "gently caress this" and leave with the slam thing. Playing a medium feels kinda slow and boring compared to chargey slam man.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've died enough times post revive before i've been able to do anything that I don't think its a massive issue, just annoying sometimes.

The two things I really want them to tackle are stun guns, mostly because they're unfun bullshit. I had a team with two lights who won us the game not by killing whoever went for the steal, but just by dashing into the dome, stungunning them and dashing off. Felt kinda bad for the other teams.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've done bodyblocking but you can just dash past that as a light so :shrug:

My years of playing tank in OW has kinda ingrained it into me.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Stun gun is annoying but maybe we should let lights have something.

Balance changes have been good, but I'd like to see some new content soon to help me understand their long term vision.

They can already unstealth and murder a medium before the average person has time to respond. They can also do the really annoying thing of getting the first capture, grabbing the vault and then spending the rest of the match just dashing and lobbing the vault, which i've seen multiple times now.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 25, 2024

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm a pro-overtime. Make it so if you stop capping game immediately ends and the holding team has it.

Gives you time for hero plays, makes me stop doing that thing where I look at the bar and go "even if i wipe everyone and get on it, i can't physically change the outcome" and then I just go take a piss while the game finishes up.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

give every class the grapple

But make it so if the heavy uses it, its more like a one time burst and he loving obliterates anything he hits.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Laserface posted:

- I dont give a blue gently caress about level destruction if all your loving buildings are grey empty cubes with stairs at one end of the building. There is ZERO visual cues as to where you are on the map - you can fix this with detailed environments or with a minimap. it would be good to have one or the other here. feels like im playing Halo 5 forge maps that looked like rear end.

This goes away after a couple of nights of playing. I thought the same thing, played for a few hours and then the knew the maps.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If they go "gently caress it" and stop C4 from being able to stick to throwables i'm gonna be laughing.

I actually kinda think that's the fix, really. It's not like the heavy doesn't already have enough "gently caress everyone in this general area" with the RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Spanish Matlock posted:

They specifically nerfed that recently, though, right? It doesn't even kill lights in one hit anymore.

140 or so damage is still a significant chunk of everyone's hp, especially as you don't really need to aim it.