Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Bank It is a pretty good for a more casual game mode, I feel like. Between the added chaos of a 4th team and the rewards scaling up over time, it never feels like you're completely out of the game (unless the matchmaking puts you against a full stack who knows what they're doing :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

the sniper rifle seems really useless with the destructible environments and how aks/pistols dont have much bullet falloff either. you can countersnipe with your ak, or just use an rpg or c4 to blow up their perch. itd be one thing if snipers could bring a sidearm, but as is theyre basically screwed.

I played a match of Bank It on Monaco against a team that would have a sniper pick off people in transit and a pair of lights with grapple to yoink the coins. Hard to say if that was actually more effective than doing literally anything else with a premade though

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Kwolok posted:

I think if no one talked about it being AI no one would have ever given it any thought.

It's leading this way eventually, all announcer type voice overs will soon be AI because it's a thousand times easier and cheaper to get them to say a million different and dynamic lines.

I imagine they'll eventually have the announcers voicing specific actions which is why players have auto generated "safe names".

Personally I think that's neat.

I disabled announcer audio after a couple matches because it sucked poo poo and only found out it was AI gen afterwards.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Anyone have thoughts on the Light class? I didn’t try it but I felt running 2 medium / 1 heavy or vice versa worked very well. I’m thinking Light needs some of its unlocks and really good team comm to be effective, more so than M and H

The silenced pistol felt a little too busted and the starting SMG too anemic. You get a decent set of utility, the taser seems strong although I was mostly on the receiving end. Both the grapple and dash felt useful but giving up vertical mobility is rough.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

the heavy grenade launcher does some destruction iirc

frankly poo poo can get destroyed so fast in this game, it doesnt need to be faster... sucks to be medium if you wanna break poo poo though.

I didn't try it but double explosive mine might work for going through a wall. There's always propane tanks and explosive barrels though!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Ah. I rather regret missing this beta from the looks of it. Any idea if there'll be another one?

Probably not but the game's supposed to release sometime this year