Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This game is cool and stylish but alas I am terrible at any sort of shooty games and keep dying before i can do anything neat stunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm mildly annoying you can't try out guns in the pratice range to figure out what you want to unlock first.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It turns out my issues with "aiming" and "skill" are fixed by just running up to people and hitting them with melee weapons

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
alert, alert, multiple free halloween clothing packs have dropped in the store. you can give your people witch hats.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kaveman posted:

The starting weapons are god awful though

Sledgehammer would like to talk to you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
flamethrower just needs the visibility turn down, it should be annoying to play against its a flamethrower.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im going to be really sad that i probably won't be able to get all the clothes i did for my ladies i was able to immediatly :(

Mordja posted:

Hope they use those millions of players to hire some dang VAs...

i ran into one voiceline where the male AI announcer did a weird inhuman laugh and it was so scary it felt like a jumpscare

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the idea of the announcers is fun and really adds to the virtual death game vibes but like what i like about announcers when i watch stuff is how they are humans because i like humans

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like it when people get paid money

Kwolok posted:

I think if no one talked about it being AI no one would have ever given it any thought.

how does that make any sense?

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 6, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
explosive mine does do destruction, people use them as worse breach charges by shooting their own mines

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

the heavy grenade launcher does some destruction iirc

yeah the medium one does too, it just takes even longer than the heavy's

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 7, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i had no time to ever use mines in that way though because i was too busy strapping them to gas canisters because that is the funnest trick in the game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i miss the finals :'(

https://twitter.com/reachthefinals/status/1724524420239069376
at least the bad AI can keep me company when i watch this highlight reel 😭

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so probably a game awards release then

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
today is going to be a good day~ going to get to see my friend geoff and then get to play the finals immediately afterwards

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i love this stupid dork

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New map too (Vegas)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Seeing a lot more teams missing players compared to the beta.

Also yeah the FOV thing is really funny, when I tried playing last night I was super confused while the game suddenly felt way more sluggish lmao.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The tournament version of cashout at the very least gives you money for activating the objective. The teamwipe penalty helps too I feel.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah dress up is really on point in this game. Its funny to compare to other game cosmetics which often feel way less nifty.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look, its surprising how often people will just walk into a mine you plop down in panic when you run out of ammo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why would you put it on the explosive thing and not a garbage can..?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if i join the discord and play games with other people you have to be ok with the fact that i am really bad at shooting and video games and will drag the team down greatly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also you can put explosive mines on things and throw them at people which is fun. i mean you can do that with gas mines as well i guess but its less fun because there isn't an explosion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I AM ELVIS NOW

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like it when a jump pad gets position perfectly where the cashout just bounces for infinity

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
keep the stun gun but make my fun explosives one shots on lights again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i feel like every class has some weapons where people who are bad at shooting like me can help but light has like nothing like that. medium and heavy both have grenade launchers where i can help my team mates get assists and be a general nuisance. The one time i got 10+ kills in this game was the sledgehammer. I really like medium's riot shield, probably less utility than the sledgehammer overall but I can just also use the shield and be a target and support my team mates that way.

Light has two melee options but neither really click with me. I mostly just end up going throwing knives which seem like they totally suck but its also just inherently funny to run around with them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this seems like nerd stuff to care about i am just here to hit things with a sledgehammer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shuka posted:

I can appreciate this is how you enjoy the game, have fun sister.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they can also put mines directly on them and then throw them at you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
fun fact, you can light gas on fire

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh that is ambiguous wording because it sounds like taking fire as in taking damage
sorry for da misread~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao what the gently caress is this opening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post