Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I think the way it is in quick cash isn't completely ideal but its also supposed to be pretty simple to understand. Tournaments are the 'real game', and the dynamics of cashout fights in tournaments are a lot different and more interesting. Getting wiped loses you 30% of your cash, and you get small amounts of cash for even the little victories like kills, opening vaults, and running the cash. So both fighting and objectives is more dangerous and more impactful.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the heavy grenade launcher does some destruction iirc

frankly poo poo can get destroyed so fast in this game, it doesnt need to be faster... sucks to be medium if you wanna break poo poo though.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I find the turrets main value is to occupy attention so that you can then pop out and murder people. Even if all it does is empty someones magazine its valuable, but for that it needs to be placed on approaches, *not* on the objectives themselves. If they see you and the turret there they are just gonna shoot you. They need to see the turret first.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

If you have some defensive tools it's possible to fort up hard enough to gain a huge defensive advantage. All you have to do is be hard enough to attack that the other teams dick each other over

You also don't need to defend the box itself so long as you can reach it in a pinch.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 10, 2023

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Dropping the cashout is great, but if you don't have a plan for after the drop then the defending team just shoots you to death from above with basically every advantage in the world. Literally asking to be chargeslammed off the cashout.

The APS tool can also make it real hard to drop cashouts, the anti-explosive effect goes through walls (and notably, floors). The radius is very small, but...

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This game is a lot of fun. I've been playing Quickplay Cashout with two friends.

I think it should be 3 caps instead of 2, there is no room for comebacks with only 2 and the games are already so short that it shouldn't really matter.

Been playing mainly light, flying around with my grappling hook and shotgun.

if u have 3 players, try playing tournaments, the scoring system is much better.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 11, 2023

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

with the sledgehammer is best to treat players like cash boxes

smack the floor out from under them and deliver them to your fun party house

protip use RMB when you wanna break walls n stuff. LMB isnt nearly as good at it.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the sonar grenade nerf was intense, and it kinda sucks because invisible lights are everywhere in quick cash

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

P sure it gives you cash for kills

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Counterintuitively, you don't necessarily want hammer heavies to be the first to engage. You want the enemy slight distracted with half-full magazines, then the hammer heavy goes in and seals the deal. Not having to faff about with reloading and stressing out the enemy players by being in their face is a lethal advantage.

I've noticed after an initial spurt of usage i hardly see any flamethrowers any more. probably because every flamethrower player has experienced the impotence of being barely able to outdamage a heal beam or just losing a straight DPS fight even with a couple seconds of advantage.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The flamethrower was nerfed into the ground on release; compared to beta it lost range, damage, rate of fire, and they changed the graphics so it wasnt as blinding. its pretty much garbo atm. it can barely outdamage a heal beam

IMO they should make the flamethrower the alt fire of the goo gun

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Valve's recent documentary on Half Life had an interesting bit where at one point they had to define what fun was, and the definition they settled on was interactivity - the game responds to your actions. In 1998 that included things we regard as the default today, like bullet hole decals being left on a wall when you shoot it. But the principle is the same. Battlefield for some reason really decided to lean into big visual set pieces instead.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

^Basically how the tourney rules work

Well not exactly but they are way better. You need team discipline tho.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

grenade launchers basically require buy in from your team. they're pretty good overall but you are just so vulnerable to getting 1v1d. your teammates need to be adept at both covering you and picking off targets you've weakened.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The amusing thing is that lights hard counter mine spam with glitch grenades

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

saw a video claiming that all the top players and streamers use a $50 software that enables Aim Assist and controls gun recoil via script, evidenced by supposed membership in the software's discord. The video author didn't actually provide a screenshot of that discord. But they did put the software through its paces, and it seems to work just fine.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

It is kind of funny when the people with elite aim (assist) lise anyway because they suck at point control or don't know how to deal with heavies charging through walls etc

Anyone know how aim assist interacts with invisibility?

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 9, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ospuze has an exclusive contract for drinks-related promotions

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Sab669 posted:

Do the Vaults / Deposit Boxes always only spawn in the same locations?

And what are they grayed out Letters on the UI? Where a Deposit Box might spawn?

Cashouts are always spawned, and are always referred to with letters. Vaults only spawn when needed and are referred to by number. This does mean you can camp a cashout rather than fight over the vault, though in Quick Cash you only have a 50% chance of getting it right.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Kwolok posted:

A lot of people still don't know this: In tournments when there are two vaults, you can deposit both into a single cashout to make its cashout reward be the total of both vaults that were slotted into it.

this is actually fantastic if you pull it off. if you have a good defensive position and a medic its basically gg as the other 3 teams dick eachother over trying to get in.

last tournament i was following behind a light, we both had cash boxes. When we get to the cashout I tossed my cash box over their head and into the cashout before they reach it. they stop for a second, befuddled, then turn around before i blast em. funniest thing in gaming

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 17, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i think the big duration reduction is fine. it is annoying having bullets bounce off newly rezzed folks, but getting killed literally before you can humanly react would be dumb. And defibs are already risky and make you vulnerable to use and eat a gadget slot, with gadgets being impossibly tight on a medium. The game already askes me to choose between my two most precious children, jump pad and APS.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 24, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

imo either stungun shouldn't block captures or cashouts shouldn't finish if someone is capping. im fine with either but the combo is aggravating.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

they should totally rework or remove recon senses, its just kinda lame as is. when i first saw that i was like 'ah cool, like Blacklight back in the day' but it really just kinda sucks. Medium Dude with AR, Recon Senses, and maybe an aimbot who just stands in place murdering people is the worst thing to fight.

rework would be like a sonar wave forward that marks targets for your team for 8 seconds or something, informing enemies they're detected like how sonar grenades do. Maybe glitches lights that are invisible.

on that note sonar grenades are still such hot garbage i refuse to use them even when i have a contract

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the real issue with the ai announcers is that if they don't have to pay voice actors, why don't we have like 30 team names and associated chatter

or multiple sets of announcers. different announcers for different arenas? battlepass team names.

i love the new tournament ui though, its fantastic

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the game would be better without propane nukes

but it would suck to lose c4 as a trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

honestly, looks awesome.

gateway grenade :eyes: