Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I played the first beta and had a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
From what I played, the destruction isn't the same as R6. You're not really shooting holes in walls, you're blowing up the walls with RPGs and C4. Entire buildings can be collapsed in a fun, albeit still janky fashion. So more destruction, but not as granular. It's also small in terms of player numbers but the maps are comparatively big so there are a bunch of movement abilities.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I use nothing but the China Lake tbh

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hope they use those millions of players to hire some dang VAs...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Do frag grenades/medium's grenade launcher blow up buildings? For my own limited testing I shot a wall with the china lake a few times and it didn't seem to do anything.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You know the stuff the announcers say now? Just hire someone to say that exact same stuff but this time without emphasizing words and syllables in insane ways like the bot does.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Too Many Birds posted:

they should add in some vehicles too, some more guns, maybe a map that is more natural terrain, some sort of game mode where you capture and hold territory for points..

Maybe some giant, bipedal robots while we're at it...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
As a med player I just want something that can blow up walls. Never used recon sense.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Imo they really should just make it so you can't shoot while using it. Anyone remember Blacklight Retribution? That whole game was built around the wallhack but you also couldn't switch from it directly into shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

So what the post said was that they’re temporarily rotating out bank it and unranked tournaments because they have the fewest players. They will be back in the future but Embark wants to experiment with other game modes without splitting the player base too much.

Regarding playing light in 5v5, I have actually tried that. If the opposing team knows what they’re doing (bubbles, and barricaded APS turrets mainly) what you need is heavies with sledgehammers and charge&slam, glitch grenades don’t really help.

Oh, what? Unranked Tournament is pretty much the only way I play! D:

I greatly prefer it to Quick Cash and don't want to deal with the stress and meta-obsessives that I assume populate Ranked.