Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game actually looks really cool, but I suspect it will fail pretty quickly and shut down. Its coming into a super saturated market, and competitive FPS gamers are super picky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Uriah Heep posted:

I've been hyped for this game since they dropped the first info, haven't managed to get into any alphas though. Fingers crossed I make it into the beta.

I think the game has a very valuable niche that gives it good odds of success, the destruction. I have heard from playtesters that the destruction is incredible and really delivers. That's a huge selling point because there's no game really doing that. BF really ain't it anymore for that itch.

That said we'll see when it comes out!

How does the destruction compare to Rainbow Six Siege? Cause that is what this really reminds me of because of the small team competitive stuff. Battlefield probably couldn't do destruction on the same level as this game just on account of needing to optimize for multiple consoles, and 64+ players. 2042 had to scale destruction way back in order to achieve 128 player matches, and then :dice: basically got rid of 128 player matches lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordja posted:

From what I played, the destruction isn't the same as R6. You're not really shooting holes in walls, you're blowing up the walls with RPGs and C4. Entire buildings can be collapsed in a fun, albeit still janky fashion. So more destruction, but not as granular. It's also small in terms of player numbers but the maps are comparatively big so there are a bunch of movement abilities.

That is a good explanation! In R6, you can blow up walls with C4 and stuff like that. I liked how you could blow up the floor above another floor, and enter a room that way. It had some really neat and creative ways to play, but UBISoft being UBISoft slowly strangled the community to death. But yeah, nothing like leveling an entire building.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The character designs remind me more of Valorant. Which is a positive in my opinion. Valorant screams personality and identity in my opinion. Something that turned me off games like Counter-Strike was that it was so bland looking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

now that I think about it, this game does give me heavy Brink vibes...

hopefully it will avoid a similar fate

NO DONT THINK LIKE THAT LETS JUST FORGET THAT EVER HAPPENED :gonk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching people play on Twitch, and this isn't having the environmental destruction that I was hoping for. Players are not really engaging with this mechanic at all actually.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

widespread posted:

Well there's your problem: you're probably watching a competitive streamer that doesn't wanna have fun when- and I think I'm using this phrase correctly- "going for the W". Or are they leveling buildings for the gently caress of it?

Either way, I might get in to the beta... for about two days. Family trip. Any word on when the beta goes until?

Fair point! In future updates of the game during beta, I hope there will be more encouragement to level buildings to the ground in order to win. In this regard Fortnite does environment destruction better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

the game gives players infinite ammo for their weapons and gadgets. the objectives also spawn in buildings and are affected by physics. I dont see how they can encourage ppl any more than they already are. Players just need to git gud and start blowing poo poo up

I would take out anything that uses bullets, and only give players weapons like rocket launchers that eject mini-nuclear bombs.