Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

having a good time playing quick cash matches with randoms, but holy hell there's a lot of drop in/out going on. I had a round where I was thrown in mid-match and then cycled through another four teammates, at one point the only member of my team. I haven't played a squad type game in a long time, is this common? Also I keep running into weird bugs, in one round I respawned with no right stick response, I could only walk back and forth and strafe until someone killed me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got filled into an empty team mid-game and accepted my mission to make the other two teams as miserable as possible :hai:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

lmao we've been able to put zipline anchors on throwable items?! can't believe I never thought to try. sounds like they've just erased the ability to one shot a Light with a mine

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Give everyone the grapple hook. And wall run. Also add a mode where you call in a Titan drop

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

isndl posted:

overtime for the duration of a steal seems fine

this would be perfect imo, I've had too many would-be steals denied by just getting there a skosh late

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

dogstile posted:

I'm a pro-overtime. Make it so if you stop capping game immediately ends and the holding team has it.

Gives you time for hero plays, makes me stop doing that thing where I look at the bar and go "even if i wipe everyone and get on it, i can't physically change the outcome" and then I just go take a piss while the game finishes up.

yeah if the overtime lasts only as long as the stealer has their hand on the box and immediately cashes out if they stop after the timer would have expired, then I'm not really seeing a downside to this change. it's not adding time per se, it's just letting a player action resolve. and since you already can't capture as a team it just reinforces the mechanic of protecting the stealer at the box, amps it even.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

give every class the grapple

and a mech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

the new event was exactly fun enough to get through all of the contracts for fun cosmetics, except the mask I wasn't interested in. I get the appeal of the heavy now though as someone who's played medium exclusively.