Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

Clouds rolled in literally 20 minutes before the start time, haven't left. Can't even see the sun through the eclipse glasses. I'm really upset!!
:same:

With how the clouds are moving its gonna be totally thickly overcast at the best times. Admittedly I knew the risk since, y'know, upstate NY and I knew there was like a 10% at best chance. Still a bit sad though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

From here there was just enough breaks in the clouds that you could see the disc of the sun shining through for most of the experience. Everything slowly getting dimmer as totality approached, the seagulls uncreasingly and loudly panicking, the ever shrinking crescent until suddenly night time... it obviously wasn't perfect since it was too cloudy to see the corona but it was good enough to see a diamond or two and the faint ring. Even if it was imperfect that was still a heck of a thing, and having seen both I can definitely say a total eclipse through clouds is exponentially more interesting than a partial eclipse on a clear day.

Got drat lucky though, it started getting too overcast to see anything only a few minutes after totality.