Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I’m in Toronto, which is only getting a partial eclipse but I’m thinking of driving down to catch the totality. Odds are high that it will be cloudy though, so I’m not sure how much want to commit to it.

It’d be about an hour and a half drive on a good day, who knows on eclipse day. I would look at booking a place to stay, but it’s a coin toss at best whether the sky will be clear enough to see anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

Comedy option: steal a boat and beeline straight south through the lake. Other comedy option, we finally have a use for the fast ferry now, too bad it was scrapped a decade ago!

Surprised I haven’t heard of any eclipse cruises considering you wouldn’t have to go very far on the lake to get under the totality, but maybe all those booze cruise boats aren’t seaworthy enough to go out of the harbour.

I’m looking at trains now. Could catch the GO to like St Catherines maybe and not have to worry about traffic.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I've settled on Kingston, Ontario and bought a train ticket. It's a bit more off centre than Niagara-Buffalo but probably a lot less crazy, and there's several same day return options.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

Any recommendations for southern Ontario? I was planning on driving to dunneville for a RASC gathering but there's risk of clouds and I don't really see any place better.

Odds of clouds will be pretty high anywhere in Ontario, Dunnville’s as good a place as any. I’ve got a train ticket to Kingston, don’t want to deal with traffic and hoping that it’s a little less mobbed than any place nearer the GTA.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Clouds starting to break up on the train to Kingston, Ontario.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

That was incredible. Pure awe. And the flare was super cool, makes me want to fire up the NES emulator and play Life Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Great shot