Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Everything is bigger in Texas, even the clouds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

YoursTruly posted:

I'll be staying at an Airbnb in Vermont on a mountain with trees. Wherever the sun is in the sky on the day of the eclipse, it should be around that same spot on the day prior, right? I need to find out if we'll be able to see totality from the porch as anticipated, or if we're going to have to make last minute plans to go around/scale the mountain.

Pretty much, yeah. It will be within two degrees of the same place.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Reposting this slick page: https://www.pivotalweather.com/eclipse2024/

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Inshallah the Canadian model has the right of it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SirPablo posted:

Made it to Herrin. Evaluating if maybe I'll end up being two counties too far south.

What has you spooked?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rare Maine ‘w’.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cthulu Carl posted:

I guess I could drive a couple minutes west and get the totality, but as it is I'm supposed to get like 99.8% totality, and I don't think 0.2% is worth dealing with Ohio drivers trying to do the same thing.

This is against the forum rules either as trolling or as self-harm.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bawfuls posted:

now that’s a telescope :drat:

She’ll be like “Your profile said that your aperture was much bigger.” :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

There was the tiniest sliver of a waxing crescent moon this evening at sunset, and I'm not going to lie, I feel different about the moon now. I can't describe it. I just felt a new feeling.

It was neat watching the Moon all month and knowing that it was going to make a direct hit on its next pass.