Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
I'm planning on seeing the upcoming eclipse in Vermont, and I'm a little concerned about clouds. I went to SC to see the eclipse in 2017, and around 5 minutes before totality, a couple small clouds seemingly came out of nowhere and got in the way, disappointing a huge crowd of people. Everything going dark and hearing the night critters wake up was still a really cool experience though. Hoping to have better luck this time, but not counting on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
I'll be staying at an Airbnb in Vermont on a mountain with trees. Wherever the sun is in the sky on the day of the eclipse, it should be around that same spot on the day prior, right? I need to find out if we'll be able to see totality from the porch as anticipated, or if we're going to have to make last minute plans to go around/scale the mountain.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Double posting to say GOOD loving LUCK to the people trying to travel to VT today or tomorrow:

I'm traveling to Vermont on Sunday. :smug:

I hope it's better by then. :ohdear:

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Here's the Sun in Vermont at 4:20pm, yesterday. Should be around the same spot at 3:20pm today, right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
I wore an eye patch so I'd be able to see in the dark better, but I forgot to take it off, so I only saw Totality through one eye lol.

I also had a ring in my pocket and was going to take a goatse picture, but just completely forgot everything in the moment. It was really cool.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Is there a good way to donate used eclipse glasses?

If I recall correctly, there are a couple of programs that accept donations and provide glasses to people in the path of upcoming eclipses. I bought a bunch this time around and really don't need to keep all of them.