Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Enjoy, not only is it rainy and cloudy where I am, I'm so far away I only get 30% max coverage. I haven't even bothered to bust out the glasses yet to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Oh god oh god oh god, so much planning to do! (I'm throwing a party and inviting everyone over. Hope the skies are good).

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Glimpse posted:

I’m in Toronto, which is only getting a partial eclipse but I’m thinking of driving down to catch the totality. Odds are high that it will be cloudy though, so I’m not sure how much want to commit to it.

It’d be about an hour and a half drive on a good day, who knows on eclipse day. I would look at booking a place to stay, but it’s a coin toss at best whether the sky will be clear enough to see anything.

Comedy option: steal a boat and beeline straight south through the lake. Other comedy option, we finally have a use for the fast ferry now, too bad it was scrapped a decade ago!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

bawfuls posted:

If you want to drive yourself insane we are now in the realm where weather models will make specific cloud cover predictions for April 8th. They are still changing wildly from day to day however, so not very reliable at all, yet.

I choose not to do this. I already had a stress nightmare about my Eclipse party being a failure last night. Bad viewing and zombies came out during totality.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Well that explains why the news has been frantically increasing the number of people expected in Rochester NY from 100k to 200k to 500k to now just "a lot."

At least it's not Niagara Falls where they expect a literal million people.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
drat, partly cloudy in Rochester like the weather models said. Hopefully we can see something in a gap between the clouds this afternoon as I'm hosting a party and can't go anywhere else.

Shoulda known better as I've lived here my entire life and it's a common joke to feign ignorance about the Sun's existence, especially in winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Typical Rochester cloudy rear end sky so I couldn't see poo poo directly, but it getting dark and how the light caught the clouds was still cool. Not near a computer atm to upload my crappy cell phone pics.