Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

How much do public spaces fill in the hours before the eclipse? Do people tend to show up in the early hours of the morning? There’s a small city park near us that we were going to walk to, but we may just stay in our backyard if it’s going to be hard to find standing room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

East side of Cleveland here. Fingers crossed the clouds clear out in time.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

bitprophet posted:

Hello from beautiful downtown (ok, "midtown") Cleveland. Sunny AF right now but the models are super confused as to whether it'll be 25% or 90% cloudy in 3 hours. Previous forecasts were all "go farther west towards Toledo for maximum sun" but now it looks so random I'm tempted to just stay here near our hotel room? Ugh. Stupid eclipse gonna give me an ulcer!

The local forecast office seems to think we’ll have cirrus for the eclipse, but it shouldn’t be bad enough to block it completely.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Was really worried about the cirrus cloud cover but it ended up being spectacular. Seeing the shadow on the clouds racing towards us, the diamond ring, the corona still clearly visible, the bright prominence at the bottom of the disk… about the only thing I didn’t really see was shadow bands, and that’s probably because of the thin cloud cover.

loving incredible. Totality is a thousand times cooler than 99% coverage.