Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah Texas is pretty bad about public land. Personally I'm going to a friend's piece of land near Marble Falls, TX so I can sit in a river with beers and watch the eclipse. Your best bet is to either find a city with a large public park (I would suggest Austin or San Antonio for this) or find a friend with private land you can go stay at or rent a cabin or yurt in central Texas at one of those places that rents those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This was announced in the Marble Falls TX community meeting:

quote:

3-day event—-sun mon (day) tues

Expect gridlock around noon Monday to sometime Tuesday

Shop week before, including fuel. WM and HEB already engaged their emergency centers

Cash on hand. No appointments unless necessary. No elective surgeries only emergency

All clinics are walk-in to avoid travel.

I missed the part about cell and internet service. Took a phone call. I bet they said good luck with it!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

more falafel please posted:

Ok, trying to decide the best spot within driving distance of Austin.

If I'm reading this right, it's expecting significant high cloud coverage but minimal low cloud coverage, right? There's a town a little north of Killeen and a little west of Waco that we shouldn't have any problem getting to, and they're right near the centerline.

Social pressures meant we couldn't really bail and go elsewhere entirely, so I think this is the best we've got.

Hillsboro is on 35, expect the freeway to be a parking lot north of Austin. If you’re not on the road now it’s probably too late.

Valley Mills is still expecting ~70% cloud cover. You’re gonna want to go as far north as you can off the centerline to get the clearest skies.