Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Wouldn’t Spain be easier for 2026?

I’m gonna watch the 2024 eclipse from Niagara Falls, but sadly can’t drive so I gotta cross my fingers for good weather. At least I have the falls to watch if the weather fails.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Any of you experienced an eclipse with full cloud cover? Was it a big letdown?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I’m gonna be in Niagara too, so it’s a bit of a gamble. Don’t have a car so can’t easily move around to avoid the clouds.

Worst case, there’s always 2016 in Spain

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Khizan posted:

You don't have a car but you do have a time machine?

poo poo, meant 2026 of course. No total eclipse in 2016 even if I had a time machine.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/science/solar-eclipse-cloud-cover-forecast-map.html

This is making me reconsider where to watch the eclipse, which sucks because I paid for a train ride that's non-refundable

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Cuttently in Montreal, which stores/chains might have eclipse glasses for sale?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
99.8% is not totality. Anything below 100% is not totality.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Does cloud cover affect the darkness of the totality? Montreal here, it was awesome, but didn’t get as dark as I imagined

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Time to plan for 2026, I guess. Gonna try for the dead center of totality in Spain this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I feel a bit broken because while the eclipse was great to watch, I’m missing the awe of others in this thread.