Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It was cloudy where I lived in South Carolina in 2017. I had the glasses and everything too. poo poo sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Probably been posted here before but this USA Today article has an interactive map that lets you click on any location and it shows you the time, percent of totality, and likelihood of cloud cover.

I’m bummed my schedule didn’t work out and I couldn’t visit family in Indianapolis but it looks like ~66% chance of cloudy skies and I would be furious if I got skunked by clouds like I did here in South Carolina for the 2017 eclipse.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I was in downtown Columbia this morning and remembered that when I worked at the local children’s museum, we ordered like 2,000 pairs of glasses for the 2017 eclipse. So I swung by on a whim to see if they still had any, and I was able to score a couple pairs :toot:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:eyepop:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Porfiriato posted:

https://twitter.com/burgwx/status/1778123500907368644

Surprised how far out the effect is measurable. Looks like it shows up as far away as Colorado and Florida.

I didn’t get a screenshot but my home weather station recorded a drop from 82 to 75 during the partial in South Carolina.