Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I just remember this stuff from when I was a kid. 70'sTV was wild. Some great cartoons on reruns, Land of the Lost had actual sci-fi plots along with the crappy dinosaurs, a post apocalyptic kids show with a talking monkey and a jet pack along with all the weirdness of the Sid and Marty Kroft stuff. I think at age six I had a crush on the girl in the Bugaloos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Presto posted:

The only one that I watched with any regularity was Land of the Lost. The premise is that three family members, Rick Marshall and his teenage(?) children Will and Holly (youngest), go over a waterfall on a rafting trip and somehow go through a portal to a strange place where dinosaurs still exist.

They take up residence in a cave and most episodes involve them exploring, trying to find a way back, or some conflict with other denizens of the Land of the Lost.

There is a family of primitive ape-men, there is an advanced alien (portrayed by someone in green tights with reflective patches filmed against a greenscreen) who is also stuck there. There's Enik, who is an intelligent dinosaur-man, and also a bunch of other, stupid dinosaur-men called Sleestak who live in a place the Marshalls call the Lost City.

Erik thought that the Sleestak are his primitive ancestors and he has traveled into the past, but it turns out they are in his future and his race devolved into them.

Amongst the dinosaurs is a T-rex called Grumpy, an allosaurus called Alice, and a baby bronto/apatosaurus named Dopey.

The Land is also studded with weird pyramidal structures called pylons. You can open a door and go inside where there's a square stone table with various colored crystals and by touching the crystals in the right order you can control various things about the Land (eg, one pylon controls the weather, one controls the sun, etc). Because as the family eventually learns, the Land of the Lost is a small pocket dimension. In one episode they climb up a mountain and through a telescope they can see themselves in the distance.

Land of the Lost had some solid Sci-Fi ideas despite being a kids show. When I saw an article about an upcoming Land of the Lost film with modern Sleestak costumes I about did a fist pump. Then I saw who was starring in it and groaned.

Still haven't seen it.