Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The holodomor thread was an EXTREMELY REAL thread about a genocide via famine perpetrated by the Soviet Union, and we here in cspam all agree that it TOOK PLACE. Because it ABSOLUTELY did, so there's not much to discuss, but it's good to have a place to NOT DO SO. thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

gbs was right, seems we do have a holodomor denialist in cspam

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
it happened

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
1st page

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Xaris posted:

it happened

sure did

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gassing the holodomor thread is kind of mixing metaphors isn’t it? Shouldn’t it have just been locked (starved of content)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Gassing the holodomor thread is kind of mixing metaphors isn’t it? Shouldn’t it have just been locked (starved of content)

lol drat

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don't think the thread was intentionally killed
it's more likely the people in charge of it were just incompetent and accidents happened

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

HashtagGirlboss posted:

double genocide theory

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Could whatever tankie coward mod killed the thread please stand up. Who sucks the worst. I'm assuming it was crusty nutsack but i can't rule out NHD. Show your rear end, genocide denialist!!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't think the thread was intentionally killed
it's more likely the people in charge of it were just incompetent and accidents happened

this

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

the holodomor was real and NOT my friend

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

there's too much homodolor about the holodomor on this forum

copy
Jul 26, 2007

some plague rats posted:

Could whatever tankie coward mod killed the thread please stand up. Who sucks the worst. I'm assuming it was crusty nutsack but i can't rule out NHD. Show your rear end, genocide denialist!!

cspam mods/iks lining up for a 21 rear end salute

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
you should show off your Pokémon collection for the next saga thread. it would drive people even more insane

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

you should show off your Pokémon collection for the next saga thread. it would drive people even more insane

lol drat maybe I will

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

why is it named sorta like the holocaust

did it happen at the same time or something

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

imagine ripping this out and throwing it in the trash. Well thats basically what happened when the Holodomor thread was gassed. Blatant genocide denial.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
less holodomor more holodormer

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i dont mind gassing the thread but doing so anonymously is too cowardly

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

whoever gassed the last thread is a bigger war criminal than the devil joseph stalin, perpetrator of the holodomor (real)

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

recently unearthed SAD archives reveal Hand Knit ate all of the posts

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Decorating my NKVD office with a “it’s HoloDOmor not HoloDONTmor” motivational poster

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Fortaleza posted:

Decorating my NKVD office with a “it’s HoloDOmor not HoloDONTmor” motivational poster

grains in there kitty

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

recently unearthed SAD archives reveal Hand Knit ate all of the posts

It’s true, my grandfather was the most prolific poster in SAD, he had 100,000 posts, and Hand Knit forced him to watch as they were all eaten right there in front of starving lurkers with nary a post to their name, cheering all the while

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

bunch of holodoomers ITT

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Loot the holidomor thread from the gas chamber with the same skill and speed that Stalin stole the grain from Ukrain

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s true, my grandfather was the most prolific poster in SAD, he had 100,000 posts, and Hand Knit forced him to watch as they were all eaten right there in front of starving lurkers with nary a post to their name, cheering all the while

Weird how you people never mention that your grandfathers were fyad collaborators

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol I didn't even know the first one had been closed

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
it wasn't closed they just gassed it with nary a word

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

it wasn't closed they just gassed it with nary a word

in the end, it's the children who are harmed most

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it saddens me to see the previous thread, which was a precious resource against those who would deny the holodomor, gassed.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Stalin: can I have a bite of grain
Ukrainians: alright, but only a spoonful
Stalin:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

don't you hate it when you gotta microwave the ice cream for like 5 seconds first

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I’m thinking we need to reboot the holodomor to raise awareness because zoomers don’t seem to know it happened. which is a real travesty. people have forgot like they forgot 911.

maybe we could call it Holodomor 2: against the grain. or revenge of the wheatman.

anyone got any good marvel quips to make it palatable to zoomers? we all know if dialog goes longer than 5 words they tune out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
scene: Stalin walks into Ukraine and Lviv’d with all the bread
peasant: well that happened

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
holodomor happened fr fr

Adbot