Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

mark immune posted:

wtf... is this allowed?

quote:

Improper grain orientation. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

beginning to think the holodomor didn't happen and some rats simply ate all the grain

Oh no oh jeez

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a reminder that the purpose of this thread is to affirm that the historical event in question happened

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
affirm

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lobster shirt posted:

a reminder that the purpose of this thread is to affirm that the historical event in question happened

Yes that thread happened

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thatsr ight

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lobster shirt posted:

It definitely happened

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

so you wanna be a holodomor superstar
and eat large
a false flag. five dollars, youre in charge.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol at trying to own you by using his stupid fat face

that's the kind of face that had too much grain unlike everyone in the holodomor who had no grain

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

comedyblissoption posted:

so you wanna be a holodomor superstar
and eat large
a false flag. five dollars, youre in charge.

lol at the av

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Glenn Grainwald

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Futanari Damacy posted:

Glenn Grainwald

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hickory dickory tane
stalin ate all the grain

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Despite long weeks in Ukraine
Stalin's hunger just would not wane
He said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin
Comrades, bring me more grain!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Futanari Damacy posted:

Glenn Grainwald

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

lmfao

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

drat i didnt mean to spell his first name "gleen" oh well

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

drat i didnt mean to spell his first name "gleen" oh well

then it sounds like "glean" as in "to gather leftover grain after a harvest" so it's actually extremely good

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

World War Mammories posted:

then it sounds like "glean" as in "to gather leftover grain after a harvest" so it's actually extremely good

lol whoa

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

please do not giggle in this thread, this is a serious place of healing and remembrance of the holodomor thread

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if this thread is gassed it proves cspam mods don't believe the holodomor thread happened

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i'm okay with this being gassed because it will never create a funnier moment than what has occured today

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Thread for discussing how the PYF Tankies thread DEFINITELY happened

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
id much rather have a genuine thread about the soviet famines holodomor, dual genocide theory, academic positions, and the recent legal stuff in europe about it but i'll also never effort make taht thread and i dont think anyone should feel obligated. it'd also be completely wasted on the people flipping out over this one

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i think it might be nice gassing the thread at the funniest moment related to it in a while but I also want to gas it because it upsets people and makes them flip out for reasons i kind of understand. like, I too would be pissed if I was just a dude who learned about ukraine in 2022 and stumbled onto the knowledge that their was a famine some people think was deliberately caused by the soviet union. it's hard to fault people who believe in their heart of hearts that the holodomor was a planned genocide for getting angry when people joke about it.

there's basically no way they would organically find out about all the history and debate and evidence etc. they'd need to make an educated decision on whether the famine was intentional or accidental

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

under this theory of appeasement, the cspam china thread should be gassed

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

under this theory of appeasement, the cspam china thread should be gassed

you misspelled GBS op

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i don't think it should be gassed because it should stand tall as the sole lasting monument to spr, her greatest achievement as a poster: getting people to drive themselves insane and meltdown by simply saying the holodomor definitely happened.

at the very least goldmine it

Cuttlefush posted:

id much rather have a genuine thread about the soviet famines holodomor, dual genocide theory, academic positions, and the recent legal stuff in europe about it but i'll also never effort make taht thread and i dont think anyone should feel obligated. it'd also be completely wasted on the people flipping out over this one
but also it'd be good if this happened too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NeatHeteroDude posted:

they'd need to make an educated decision on whether the famine was intentional or accidental
the major problem is when people have already constructed their own version of reality that they believe in the hearts of hearts that they're on Bioware Team Good, there's no way to even have that discussion because people don't want to learn. it's actually not even that obscure to find out and plenty of leftists (and even liberals) have written pieces synthesizing history of soviet archives and actual facts.

although i think cuttlefish's idea is good, no amount of actual documented facts and arguments will convince anyone whose gone full seeing red warpsycho brain. it would also be good to bring back the xin jiang thread or roll one itno that because there's a lot of psycho libs who have gone full meltdown brain over that too, fully drinking the falun gong propaganda. even just stating "china good" makes these people go full meltdown insane because they have also constructed their own plane of reality of Team Good.

in lieu of that, i'm a fan of just simply maximizing comedic value

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

people being upset at those contradicting the currently pushed state department narrative is going to happen over and over again.

if you're not aware nhd, there were multiple attempts in qcs to gas cspam or the china thread over state dept narratives on china. there was a handwringing thread created by cspam mods on what to do about all the genocide deniers in cspam.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I need a formal definition on genocide before I feel I can weigh in on this

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
China is good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lets just take down the lightning rod, im pretty sure all the lightning is done by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
you may only gas the holodomor thread if all political posting is redirected to cspam effective immediately