Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hon hon hon

loving pathetic. lfi (melenchon's party) and the communists abstained at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

is france also going to recognize all the poo poo it did in algeria and vietnam as genocide?

smh at this FRANCE BAD edgelord bull poo poo. were not talking about whatever did or didnt happen in asia or wherever algeria is. stay on topic or eat a ramp

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’ve had to read about the French war in Indochina for work for about the past two weeks and goddamn.

I don’t know how the French Empire’s PR has been in comparison to the British, but they really took it to new levels and I feel most people are in the dark about it.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hon hon hon

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

smh at this FRANCE BAD edgelord bull poo poo. were not talking about whatever did or didnt happen in asia or wherever algeria is. stay on topic or eat a ramp

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

is france also going to recognize all the poo poo it did in algeria and vietnam as genocide?

mais, non

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

European states can't commit genocide dude cmon

oh I'm hearing- what's that - oh...

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
is this what d'n'd is like?

I don't know, I don't post there because I kinda suspect this is what it's like

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
168 votes in the National Assembly, which has 577 deputies. Why did 400 deputies not vote?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Weka posted:

168 votes in the National Assembly, which has 577 deputies. Why did 400 deputies not vote?

Clearing agreement probably. It's generally rare for all members to be present during a parliamentary vote unless it's forced.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Reflecting the will of the people

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Pump

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hon hon hon

Weka posted:

LFI, the communists and the RN abstained

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

stalin putting up huge numbers!!!

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
That Bad Empanada guy, who denies the holodomor, recently affirmed the uighur genocide...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Corky Romanovsky posted:

That Bad Empanada guy, who denies the holodomor, recently affirmed the uighur genocide...

he's all mixed up

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I know it's kinda gauche, but I'm not too sure about this holodomor thing. all these sources seem to go back to nazis. I know nazis are usually sensible sources of reliable information and opinion but do you think maybe they're mad at russia for ww2 and are maybe bending some truths or doing some light fabrication?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Stepan Bandera was NOT a nazi. In fact, many of the UPA's nation building activities were carried out without input from the nazis.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I know it's kinda gauche, but I'm not too sure about this holodomor thing. all these sources seem to go back to nazis. I know nazis are usually sensible sources of reliable information and opinion but do you think maybe they're mad at russia for ww2 and are maybe bending some truths or doing some light fabrication?

Literally shaking in fury

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

how’s the weather in MOSCOW bitch!!!!!!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

they wouldn't have named it holodomor unless it was as serious as the holocaust right?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I know another man who claimed he spoke for the working man

His name was Stalin and he tried to genocide an entire nation

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
men do crazy things when theyre hungry

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

fanfic insert posted:

men do crazy things when theyre hungry

grain make an average Joe go insane in the membrane

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

my bony fealty posted:

grain make an average Joe go insane in the membrane

"carbs are freaking epic" - joey

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
if the holodomor did not exist it would be necessary to create it

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
foundational to a national mythology

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

ram dass in hell posted:

"carbs are freaking epic" - joey

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

From each according to his ability, to Stalin according to his appetite

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

someone use one of those ai tools to make stalin be in that gif

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

robot posted:

INT. CENTRAL PERK - DAY

The gang is sitting around the coffee shop, talking.

RACHEL: So, I've been reading about this thing called the Holodomor.

PHOEBE: The what?

RACHEL: The Holodomor. It was a famine in Ukraine in the 1930s, caused by Stalin's policies. Millions of people died.

MONICA: That's terrible.

CHANDLER: I've never heard of it.

JOEY: Me neither.

RACHEL: It's not really well-known in the West. But it's a really important part of Ukrainian history.

PHOEBE: So, what happened?

RACHEL: Well, Stalin wanted to collectivize the farms in Ukraine. He forced the farmers to give up their land and work on collective farms. But the collective farms were really inefficient, and the farmers didn't have enough food. So, a lot of people started to starve.

MONICA: That's horrible.

CHANDLER: I can't believe someone would do that to their own people.

JOEY: It's crazy.

RACHEL: Yeah, it's really sad. And it's important to remember it, so something like that never happens again.

PHOEBE: I'll never forget it.

MONICA: Me neither.

CHANDLER: Me three.

JOEY: Me four.

RACHEL: Good.

CHANDLER: So, what do you guys want to do now?

JOEY: I don't know. What do you guys want to do?

RACHEL: How about we go get some ice cream?

CHANDLER: Ice cream? In the middle of the day?

JOEY: Yeah, that sounds good to me.

RACHEL: Me too.

The gang leaves Central Perk and goes to get ice cream.

As they're walking, Chandler says, "I still can't believe that Stalin would do something like that to his own people."

Joey says, "Yeah, it's crazy. But at least we have ice cream to comfort us."

Phoebe says, "And we'll never forget the Holodomor."

Rachel says, "That's right. We'll never forget."

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-eu2oYxYOA

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

can you do one where kramer is trying to convince a skeptical jerry and george about the holodomor

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my friend bob saccamano told me stalin ate all the grain. just ate it all!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

can you do one where kramer is trying to convince a skeptical jerry and george about the holodomor

it just keeps spitting out stewie griffins

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

wont post the whole thing but

quote:

[Scene: Jerry's apartment]

Jerry: So, Kramer, what's this I hear about you being a big fan of the Holodomor?

that's so kramer

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Nazi: Oh so that's what you call us? "These people?"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

some plague rats posted:

Yeah I'll repost this here. I ain't proud of myself but God knows I aint got much to be proud of

late to the party but lmao what the gently caress

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Flamed out at their peak

Spectacular

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
In the new Tetris movie Apple TV almost acknowledged the holodomor, but chickened out at the last second.

They also didn't mention Ghislaine or hint at Robert Maxwell's other business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 84 days!
interesting